Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision - Page 483 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #4821 (permalink)  
Old 05-12-2022, 09:11 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I am currently working in Stat board A with PB in end May and MI in Jul every year. I recently got an offer from stat board B with two options...one to join under movement policy where I will be given the same current monthly salary + prorated MI and my PB forgone (estimated 2 months plus pb) in Stat Board A will be paid out one year after my appointment with stat board b. My years in service (currently 14years) will be retained. However stat board A can hold me for 3 months before release (which i know the work effort in stat board A during the 3 months will probably not be recognised since i am leaving them but am still required to slough and put in long hard hours of work).

The other option would be to join as fresh hire where i am offered $400 more for the monthly salary. But i will forgo my years of service and pb from stat bd A. Stat bd A will not be able to hold me back and will need to release me within one month from notice.

Would appreciate anyone who has exp with similar scenario to share your view on which option is a better choice.

1. Are there pushing factor from SB A? If not, I suggest you go through movement. $400 I assume is not a lot to you since your MI would already cover part of the $400, so if say your MI is $200, your real increment is only $200 for forgoing your PB.
2. Are you on good terms with your RO? The 3 month is not definite, can be discussed.
3. If there are pushing factor from A and going to B may make you happier, YOLO.



Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #4822 (permalink)  
Old 05-12-2022, 10:59 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

does supernumerary contract headcount allows movement policy from one agency to another?

if it does ... need to supernumerary move to supernumerary?

or can supernumerary move to non supernumerary head count??

Reply With Quote
  #4823 (permalink)  
Old 06-12-2022, 10:19 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I am currently working in Stat board A with PB in end May and MI in Jul every year. I recently got an offer from stat board B with two options...one to join under movement policy where I will be given the same current monthly salary + prorated MI and my PB forgone (estimated 2 months plus pb) in Stat Board A will be paid out one year after my appointment with stat board b. My years in service (currently 14years) will be retained. However stat board A can hold me for 3 months before release (which i know the work effort in stat board A during the 3 months will probably not be recognised since i am leaving them but am still required to slough and put in long hard hours of work).

The other option would be to join as fresh hire where i am offered $400 more for the monthly salary. But i will forgo my years of service and pb from stat bd A. Stat bd A will not be able to hold me back and will need to release me within one month from notice.

Would appreciate anyone who has exp with similar scenario to share your view on which option is a better choice.
If I were you, I will go for movement policy.

Reply With Quote
  #4824 (permalink)  
Old 06-12-2022, 01:50 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
1. Are there pushing factor from SB A? If not, I suggest you go through movement. $400 I assume is not a lot to you since your MI would already cover part of the $400, so if say your MI is $200, your real increment is only $200 for forgoing your PB.
2. Are you on good terms with your RO? The 3 month is not definite, can be discussed.
3. If there are pushing factor from A and going to B may make you happier, YOLO.
Thanks! Yes, i am on good terms with my current RO. Will take zyour advice into serious thoughts. Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #4825 (permalink)  
Old 06-12-2022, 11:29 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hopefully 🥺
1 week plus already hope the loa coming soon
Reply With Quote
  #4826 (permalink)  
Old 07-12-2022, 03:38 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I have accepted an offer (via email) from a stat board under movement policy. Should I wait for the Letter of Appointment to be signed and then inform my RO or should I now inform my RO that the other agency has offered and I have decided to accept the offer? Thanks
Reply With Quote

  #4827 (permalink)  
Old 08-12-2022, 09:06 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Just replied to accept an offer from a stat board govt agency (non uniformed) and submitted pre employment health screening form. Was told that I would be contacted further for a medical screening at clinic. Any idea what would be entailed in the medical screening? My past exp at pvt sector was just simply visit clinic, talk to the doc and do some simple eye check and xray test. Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #4828 (permalink)  
Old 08-12-2022, 11:51 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Just replied to accept an offer from a stat board govt agency (non uniformed) and submitted pre employment health screening form. Was told that I would be contacted further for a medical screening at clinic. Any idea what would be entailed in the medical screening? My past exp at pvt sector was just simply visit clinic, talk to the doc and do some simple eye check and xray test. Thanks
check bird bird big or small lo
Reply With Quote
  #4829 (permalink)  
Old 12-12-2022, 10:18 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Just replied to accept an offer from a stat board govt agency (non uniformed) and submitted pre employment health screening form. Was told that I would be contacted further for a medical screening at clinic. Any idea what would be entailed in the medical screening? My past exp at pvt sector was just simply visit clinic, talk to the doc and do some simple eye check and xray test. Thanks
Ministry of Home Affairs?
Reply With Quote
  #4830 (permalink)  
Old 14-12-2022, 12:13 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2022
Posts: 4
NinjaDog is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Ministry of Home Affairs?
Any idea or anyone have any experience can tell me if I can reneg on the job offer after I have signed contract with MHA but haven't started work? I have an offer with MHA but only given 2 days to consider????

Have an interview with another stat board next week and want to do a comparison of the 2 culture and pay difference.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Typical Millionaire Salary.sg Investments and Net Worth 4 08-09-2011 04:32 PM
Decision Making, Please Advice. vision Income and Jobs 14 07-09-2011 04:56 PM
Any Ministry or Statboard still offers permanent appointments? rapier82 Income and Jobs 1 02-09-2011 01:30 AM
usually what is the typical performance bonus in ministries like miwashi Income and Jobs 2 28-07-2011 03:47 PM
Making money from blogging or books Husky Income and Jobs 1 14-08-2009 05:27 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,019 Replies, 2,791,936 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
18,829 Replies, 7,963,711 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
15,134 Replies, 10,289,802 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,821 Replies, 919,334 Views
DBS ACE Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
73 Replies, 24,100 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,556 Replies, 5,652,659 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,511 Replies, 1,201,369 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,031 Replies, 3,601,388 Views
Singapore Examination and...
2 Replies, 4,137 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,041 Replies, 4,462,452 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
474 Replies, 230,268 Views
Singapore Power EDGE Program ( 1 2 3)
29 Replies, 7,150 Views
Micron starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
661 Replies, 271,456 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,125 Replies, 800,642 Views
Singapore LNG Pay
7 Replies, 4,041 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,263 Replies, 1,025,701 Views
If you can't find a company here... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
119 Replies, 25,950 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,054 Replies, 537,442 Views
Enterprise Singapore hiriing... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
172 Replies, 166,647 Views
ITE Polytechnic Scheme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
204 Replies, 236,105 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,278 Replies, 3,442,841 Views
ITE (lecturer) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
259 Replies, 300,635 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,667 Replies, 1,412,065 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,246 Replies, 1,060,980 Views
AISG (AI Singapore)
0 Replies, 94 Views
BCA (Building and Construction...
0 Replies, 102 Views
Uniqlo
0 Replies, 86 Views
Genting International Gaming...
0 Replies, 87 Views
TD Securities
0 Replies, 82 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 05:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2