Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision - Page 482 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #4811 (permalink)  
Old 04-12-2022, 05:37 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Recently got offer IS7 at IRAS for $4.4k.

Just wondering if that is the average pay for this grade?



Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #4812 (permalink)  
Old 04-12-2022, 08:47 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Recently got offer IS7 at IRAS for $4.4k.

Just wondering if that is the average pay for this grade?
Background of yourself?

Reply With Quote
  #4813 (permalink)  
Old 04-12-2022, 10:22 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Background of yourself?
2 years of big 4 experience.

Currently A2 and drawing 3.8k monthly.

Reply With Quote
  #4814 (permalink)  
Old 05-12-2022, 09:33 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
usually 2-3 weeks.
Hopefully 🥺
Reply With Quote
  #4815 (permalink)  
Old 05-12-2022, 09:37 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hi, I am currently working in Stat board A with PB in end May and MI in Jul every year. I recently got an offer from stat board B with two options...one to join under movement policy where I will be given the same current monthly salary + prorated MI and my PB forgone (estimated 2 months plus pb) in Stat Board A will be paid out one year after my appointment with stat board b. My years in service (currently 14years) will be retained. However stat board A can hold me for 3 months before release (which i know the work effort in stat board A during the 3 months will probably not be recognised since i am leaving them but am still required to slough and put in long hard hours of work).

The other option would be to join as fresh hire where i am offered $400 more for the monthly salary. But i will forgo my years of service and pb from stat bd A. Stat bd A will not be able to hold me back and will need to release me within one month from notice.

Would appreciate anyone who has exp with similar scenario to share your view on which option is a better choice.
Reply With Quote
  #4816 (permalink)  
Old 05-12-2022, 12:37 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

All the best for those shortlisted for this sat psychometric test for PSLP.


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote

  #4817 (permalink)  
Old 05-12-2022, 02:10 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I am currently working in Stat board A with PB in end May and MI in Jul every year. I recently got an offer from stat board B with two options...one to join under movement policy where I will be given the same current monthly salary + prorated MI and my PB forgone (estimated 2 months plus pb) in Stat Board A will be paid out one year after my appointment with stat board b. My years in service (currently 14years) will be retained. However stat board A can hold me for 3 months before release (which i know the work effort in stat board A during the 3 months will probably not be recognised since i am leaving them but am still required to slough and put in long hard hours of work).

The other option would be to join as fresh hire where i am offered $400 more for the monthly salary. But i will forgo my years of service and pb from stat bd A. Stat bd A will not be able to hold me back and will need to release me within one month from notice.

Would appreciate anyone who has exp with similar scenario to share your view on which option is a better choice.
either options sound like bohua
but why u need to burn your PB etc if u do a switch under the lateral movement policy in para 1?
Reply With Quote
  #4818 (permalink)  
Old 05-12-2022, 05:01 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
2 years of big 4 experience.

Currently A2 and drawing 3.8k monthly.
Ernst and young?
Reply With Quote
  #4819 (permalink)  
Old 05-12-2022, 07:47 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

anyone has info/knowledge of the hiring process for language analyst at MHA?
Reply With Quote
  #4820 (permalink)  
Old 05-12-2022, 08:09 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Ernst and young?
No leh, i in kpmg
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Typical Millionaire Salary.sg Investments and Net Worth 4 08-09-2011 04:32 PM
Decision Making, Please Advice. vision Income and Jobs 14 07-09-2011 04:56 PM
Any Ministry or Statboard still offers permanent appointments? rapier82 Income and Jobs 1 02-09-2011 01:30 AM
usually what is the typical performance bonus in ministries like miwashi Income and Jobs 2 28-07-2011 03:47 PM
Making money from blogging or books Husky Income and Jobs 1 14-08-2009 05:27 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
18,847 Replies, 7,981,894 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,562 Replies, 5,660,556 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,519 Replies, 1,205,621 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,055 Replies, 539,302 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,031 Replies, 2,797,876 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,251 Replies, 1,063,124 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,051 Replies, 4,471,960 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,828 Replies, 923,408 Views
MOH Holdings ( 1 2)
13 Replies, 13,902 Views
Digital Academy Program at ST...
2 Replies, 143 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,672 Replies, 1,417,405 Views
ST engineering starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
118 Replies, 83,668 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
15,142 Replies, 10,305,714 Views
Compare Your Annual Income ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
35 Replies, 10,459 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,264 Replies, 1,026,941 Views
SIA AO grades ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
111 Replies, 54,124 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,038 Replies, 3,608,039 Views
DBS ACE Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
79 Replies, 24,661 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,184 Replies, 409,688 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
475 Replies, 231,982 Views
BCA (Building and Construction...
1 Replies, 172 Views
MOH (Ministry of Health) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
33 Replies, 43,841 Views
Micron starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
663 Replies, 272,793 Views
How much CPF do u have? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
66 Replies, 37,765 Views
Singapore Power EDGE Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
30 Replies, 7,422 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,127 Replies, 802,374 Views
Shopee fresh grad pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
884 Replies, 272,129 Views
Singapore Examination and...
2 Replies, 4,210 Views
Singapore LNG Pay
7 Replies, 4,115 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 05:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2