Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment - Page 180 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1791 (permalink)  
Old 21-06-2021, 01:04 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It's so sad to see how people in EY audit are struggling with workload and working long hours. Yet the current pay is a reduced pay (due to Covid) for god know how long it will be remained until. Every other big4 has already revised their pay to normal rate (pre-covid) and EY has yet to do so. People are leaving and the higher management are so unbothered by this. all they care are just $$$ in their pocket Benefits are sitngy to max zzzzz
that means not enough people leaving for partners to feel the impact la.

Reply With Quote
  #1792 (permalink)  
Old 21-06-2021, 01:55 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Why does Monitor Deloitte pay higher than Deloitte Consulting? Our WLB and school backgrounds are similar.

Reply With Quote
  #1793 (permalink)  
Old 21-06-2021, 05:12 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Why does Monitor Deloitte pay higher than Deloitte Consulting? Our WLB and school backgrounds are similar.
The same reason why Parthenon pays more than EY TAS or why Strategy& pays more than PwC consulting.

Lesser sieve from client bills. Money from clients for the vanilla consulting arm is used to cross subsidize other depts within the firm, vice-versa. The autonomous houses on the other hand rake in the full cash.

Reply With Quote
  #1794 (permalink)  
Old 21-06-2021, 09:19 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Singapore
Posts: 47
chickpig is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Why does Monitor Deloitte pay higher than Deloitte Consulting? Our WLB and school backgrounds are similar.
Think you need to do more research. Most Monitor Deloitte, Strategy& consultants have top MBA pedigree, such as from INSEAD. Rest of Deloitte, PwC Consulting do not.

Strategy projects of 6-8 weeks have tighter deadlines, are more intense with longer hours and poorer work-life balance than 6-12 month implementation projects.
Reply With Quote
  #1795 (permalink)  
Old 21-06-2021, 11:29 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
no you need to have an "account" with a client that brings in money
How do you ensure you have an "account" then? I would assume the firm's services is constantly in demand, and there's no need for an AM to sought out clients on their own?
Reply With Quote
  #1796 (permalink)  
Old 21-06-2021, 01:22 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How do you ensure you have an "account" then? I would assume the firm's services is constantly in demand, and there's no need for an AM to sought out clients on their own?
that is when you are wrong. when you reach the Senior rank onwards, they will start to identify people to be groomed into potential managers. To sought an "account" on your own is almost guaranteed to become a manager since that is your job when you become one. Not having one means you need to wait and see if they could assign a new or existing one to you. This is a reason why only a limited number of people can become a manager each year since you need to be really good in bringing money for the firm instead of waiting for someone to put it on a plate for you. Thus most of the time people who stayed long would leave at S3 (AM) level since they are not capable of getting accounts under them and thus could not be promoted.


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote

  #1797 (permalink)  
Old 21-06-2021, 01:31 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
that is when you are wrong. when you reach the Senior rank onwards, they will start to identify people to be groomed into potential managers. To sought an "account" on your own is almost guaranteed to become a manager since that is your job when you become one. Not having one means you need to wait and see if they could assign a new or existing one to you. This is a reason why only a limited number of people can become a manager each year since you need to be really good in bringing money for the firm instead of waiting for someone to put it on a plate for you. Thus most of the time people who stayed long would leave at S3 (AM) level since they are not capable of getting accounts under them and thus could not be promoted.
Nah. Maybe only SM level onwards then you’ll be expected (or judged on your potential) to bring in new businesses. However, most M/SM are only responsible for managing projects/stakeholders.

Securing new accounts is purely the job of the directors/partners
Reply With Quote
  #1798 (permalink)  
Old 21-06-2021, 01:40 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Nah. Maybe only SM level onwards then you’ll be expected (or judged on your potential) to bring in new businesses. However, most M/SM are only responsible for managing projects/stakeholders.

Securing new accounts is purely the job of the directors/partners
Lol yeah sounds like he had that understanding of manager must bring in new account if not cannot be manager because probably kena bamboozled by someone at the top. Typical excuse for not promoting people to manager. I think he is 1 of those who kena passed for promotion to manager and started asking for why and this was the reason offered to him.
Reply With Quote
  #1799 (permalink)  
Old 21-06-2021, 05:58 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Nah. Maybe only SM level onwards then you’ll be expected (or judged on your potential) to bring in new businesses. However, most M/SM are only responsible for managing projects/stakeholders.

Securing new accounts is purely the job of the directors/partners

For consultancy side you need a account cause at the end you have a sales KPI.

1. You hold a account.
2. You share a account with a SM / M / Director means you split the revenue. Why this happen..too busy and need help for someone to manage one of the big account.
3. One of the major client like you.
4. Someone like you and want to pass you a account.

End of the day is .... need to have justification that you can hold or bring in revenue.
Reply With Quote
  #1800 (permalink)  
Old 21-06-2021, 06:00 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
For consultancy side you need a account cause at the end you have a sales KPI.

1. You hold a account.
2. You share a account with a SM / M / Director means you split the revenue. Why this happen..too busy and need help for someone to manage one of the big account.
3. One of the major client like you.
4. Someone like you and want to pass you a account.

End of the day is .... need to have justification that you can hold or bring in revenue.
Is all this worth it? Work so much need to maintain account? But still only earn 6k?

You decide.. .or you believe you can be partner LOL..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Salary Increment to be 5.2% Salary.sg Income and Jobs 1 25-09-2021 07:24 PM
Yearly increment Button Income and Jobs 29 06-01-2018 09:43 PM
Annual Increment for Civil Service 2011 bswuming87 Income and Jobs 4 10-04-2011 09:19 PM
Annual Increment 1nch3r Income and Jobs 0 12-11-2010 12:36 AM
Can your Increment beat Inflation? Salary.sg Investments and Net Worth 9 24-04-2008 03:37 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
886 Replies, 229,601 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,025 Replies, 2,518,549 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,350 Replies, 580,306 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
126 Replies, 59,417 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,748 Replies, 1,301,999 Views
How is HTX Associate Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
32 Replies, 7,995 Views
All about Home Affairs Senior... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
183 Replies, 209,243 Views
GovTech Tech Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
73 Replies, 37,489 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,867 Replies, 4,660,662 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,036 Replies, 529,060 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,669 Replies, 7,379,897 Views
UBS Financial Services Industry... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
633 Replies, 143,260 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,101 Replies, 2,539,168 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,852 Replies, 613,238 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,023 Replies, 742,040 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
564 Replies, 446,357 Views
Citibank Singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
144 Replies, 101,834 Views
Cybersecurity/Info security career ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
128 Replies, 37,237 Views
If you can't find a company here... ( 1 2)
18 Replies, 1,817 Views
GIC (Government of Singapore... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
333 Replies, 455,837 Views
Grab Finance Graduate Programme...
3 Replies, 254 Views
Heineken APAC Graduate Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
276 Replies, 135,813 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
740 Replies, 204,327 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,724 Replies, 4,369,756 Views
Starting Pay for CS/Ministries... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
250 Replies, 113,096 Views
DXC Technology
0 Replies, 72 Views
Y Ventures Group
0 Replies, 43 Views
Breaking the Letter Of Commitment... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
33 Replies, 26,849 Views
Tax ( 1 2 3)
22 Replies, 9,137 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
458 Replies, 279,643 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 06:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2