Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment - Page 1107 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11061 (permalink)  
Old 02-08-2023, 10:12 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The complex accounts Iím referring to are like impairment etc, hedging, consol etc. as an intern, I donít have experience with these because the accounts I work on are ĒsimplerĒ like search for unrecorded liabilities, cash, vouching, maybe test of controls etc

Things like journal entry testing Iím not sure too because I only follow instructions on how to run the tests so I donít know how to write analysis if got any findings because this kind of thing my seniors will take overÖ

IVe also not been in an engagement from start to end so I also dk how to wrap things up etc like how to write the auditor report, produce the audited FS etc


^ because of all these gaps I feel I cannot only spend 1 year as an associate to gain more experience
everyone learns on the spot (read guidance or PY workpaper), even your seniors who you think know everything. So wishy washy and no confidence then don't take lor, stay where you are forever and don't grow, leave the promotion headcount for someone who has more guts than you.

Reply With Quote
  #11062 (permalink)  
Old 02-08-2023, 10:21 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How is bonus at Green this year? Is it better or worst than Blue?
green 2 months. blue how many months?

Reply With Quote
  #11063 (permalink)  
Old 02-08-2023, 10:43 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
everyone learns on the spot (read guidance or PY workpaper), even your seniors who you think know everything. So wishy washy and no confidence then don't take lor, stay where you are forever and don't grow, leave the promotion headcount for someone who has more guts than you.
Try telling this to Gen Z.

Reply With Quote
  #11064 (permalink)  
Old 02-08-2023, 01:25 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The complex accounts Iím referring to are like impairment etc, hedging, consol etc. as an intern, I donít have experience with these because the accounts I work on are ĒsimplerĒ like search for unrecorded liabilities, cash, vouching, maybe test of controls etc

Things like journal entry testing Iím not sure too because I only follow instructions on how to run the tests so I donít know how to write analysis if got any findings because this kind of thing my seniors will take overÖ

IVe also not been in an engagement from start to end so I also dk how to wrap things up etc like how to write the auditor report, produce the audited FS etc


^ because of all these gaps I feel I cannot only spend 1 year as an associate to gain more experience
Just take up and work a year or 2. No ppl giv a shyt of the work quality anw. Just get fs sign off will do. Your jhk mgr wont review the work and just say yes to wadever partner said
Partner will jist take it as all perfect. Until someome dig the shyt next year.
Reply With Quote
  #11065 (permalink)  
Old 02-08-2023, 01:28 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
JE testing is mostly just for show anyway...

99% of all procedures in big4 are based on templates or template wp can be acquired from other engagements. Analysis is like the easiest part if you have a proper accounting knowledge.

If got findings just ask yourself why and why and why until you have something to write. This is what sets apart a jhk monkey and a normal auditor with some brain. If you think you have no brain and cant develop a analytical mindset, you are no different from a jhk monkey. Lying back and thinking your senior will handle everything is the classic lazy mindset. Get your **** together and actually work that rusty brain.
True. No ppl review the wp anw. Just grind a year or 2 lol. U think ur mgr or snr know their stuff u must be joking. Ppl are there for fast career progression only. In b4 u just need to stay..
Reply With Quote
  #11066 (permalink)  
Old 02-08-2023, 05:42 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How is bonus at Green this year? Is it better or worst than Blue?
During blue TownHall, the partners very confident the average one month bonus is very comparable to the industry. They think we all stupiak
Reply With Quote

  #11067 (permalink)  
Old 02-08-2023, 07:38 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hello, does anyone know the pay progression from A1 to A2 to S1 For EY Tech consulting? I'd greatly appreciate it! I know that A1 is 4.5, A2 is 4.8, but what is S1? The pay bump should be around 1k right?
Reply With Quote
  #11068 (permalink)  
Old 02-08-2023, 07:49 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello, does anyone know the pay progression from A1 to A2 to S1 For EY Tech consulting? I'd greatly appreciate it! I know that A1 is 4.5, A2 is 4.8, but what is S1? The pay bump should be around 1k right?
s1 5.3
s2 6
Reply With Quote
  #11069 (permalink)  
Old 02-08-2023, 10:22 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How is bonus at Green this year? Is it better or worst than Blue?
Green bonus 1.X only!
Reply With Quote
  #11070 (permalink)  
Old 02-08-2023, 10:44 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
s1 5.3
s2 6
Ooo that's interesting, how come the promotion
Increment from A2 to S1 is smaller than the progression
Jump from S1 to S2...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Salary Increment to be 5.2% Salary.sg Income and Jobs 1 25-09-2021 07:24 PM
Yearly increment Button Income and Jobs 29 06-01-2018 09:43 PM
Annual Increment for Civil Service 2011 bswuming87 Income and Jobs 4 10-04-2011 09:19 PM
Annual Increment 1nch3r Income and Jobs 0 12-11-2010 12:36 AM
Can your Increment beat Inflation? Salary.sg Investments and Net Worth 9 24-04-2008 03:37 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
HTX (Home Team Science and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
639 Replies, 322,714 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,978 Replies, 2,099,096 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,085 Replies, 2,248,022 Views
Rio tinto ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
79 Replies, 55,132 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,268 Replies, 742,215 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,695 Replies, 4,863,234 Views
Shopee fresh grad pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,028 Replies, 425,776 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
707 Replies, 524,567 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,753 Replies, 1,358,026 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,260 Replies, 12,301,270 Views
Maritime and Port Authority of... ( 1 2)
13 Replies, 17,192 Views
DBS ACE Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
109 Replies, 73,475 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,760 Replies, 1,014,195 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,259 Replies, 6,395,303 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,649 Replies, 1,496,414 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,397 Replies, 1,343,914 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,203 Replies, 3,331,957 Views
NUS (National University of... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
314 Replies, 309,984 Views
Micron starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
702 Replies, 387,511 Views
Standard Chartered International... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
460 Replies, 258,417 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,263 Replies, 700,121 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,297 Replies, 985,802 Views
Visa Internship
3 Replies, 4,313 Views
GIC (Government of Singapore... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
419 Replies, 712,257 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
885 Replies, 485,153 Views
Company deduct air ticket from...
0 Replies, 204 Views
Anyone work in JPM/GS/Morgan... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
415 Replies, 156,717 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
20,885 Replies, 10,198,730 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,756 Replies, 1,476,008 Views
For those with 2-5 YOE, what is... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,197 Replies, 446,241 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 04:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2