Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment - Page 607 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #6061 (permalink)  
Old 06-03-2022, 03:32 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
ownself lazy strawberry just admit

I am working at EY and I am willing to sacrifice my health and my youth because I love my company and the work I am doing. I am 100% confident that Max Loh will reward me for my years of toil and hard labour. We are a big happy family at EY who are committed to building a better working world. Max Loh is a very benevolent and kind leader. He didn't retrench anyone during the Covid crisis in 2020 and increased our pay in 2021.

Our work is similar to saving lives. What would happen if we didn't detect material misstatements and ask clients to pass AJEs? Client may post fake numbers, investors lose confidence and whole economy collapse. Horrible right?
Hi stranger, thanks for the chuckle! I’m not in EY but all firms are about the same. Everyone makes it sound like auditor jobs are so mighty and important, missing a deadline will cost you an arm and leg. Paying you peanuts but expecting you work like a slave day and night, 365 days a year. Calling one another family, but will never hesitate to throw you under the bus. Who to blame but myself for being stupid to join this toxic industry. Ha.

Reply With Quote
  #6062 (permalink)  
Old 06-03-2022, 03:41 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi stranger, thanks for the chuckle! I’m not in EY but all firms are about the same. Everyone makes it sound like auditor jobs are so mighty and important, missing a deadline will cost you an arm and leg. Paying you peanuts but expecting you work like a slave day and night, 365 days a year. Calling one another family, but will never hesitate to throw you under the bus. Who to blame but myself for being stupid to join this toxic industry. Ha.
The only people calling auditor job important are auditors themselves lol

If audit was so crucial, they would not be paying way below median fresh grad starting salary, below median mid level salary, and accepting hundreds of jhk with questionable degrees as mid level hires.

People can shill for B4 all they want but the objective facts don't lie.

Reply With Quote
  #6063 (permalink)  
Old 06-03-2022, 04:57 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hello! Anyone knows wats the pay scale for pwc tax from associate all the way to senior manager?

Reply With Quote
  #6064 (permalink)  
Old 06-03-2022, 05:43 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Everyone makes it sound like auditor jobs are so mighty and important, missing a deadline will cost you an arm and leg. Paying you peanuts but expecting you work like a slave day and night, 365 days a year. Calling one another family, but will never hesitate to throw you under the bus. Who to blame but myself for being stupid to join this toxic industry. Ha.
I farking don't understand why they expect us to work day and night and why are there so are many company simps like that stranger from EY who basically worships the partners and managers. It is like people are competing to see who can work the longest and they will do all sorts of wayang like emailing client at 3am, appearing online at 1am and messaging the manager at 2am. I also play along by appearing to be online when i actually pangkang at 6pm. WFH so nobody knows.

I have already left the stupid big 4 but I am now an extremely cynical person because of my experience at the big 4. I don't trust anyone and I think this audit profession is BS.I am actually alright with most of my engagements but I hate the management and most of the people there.
Reply With Quote
  #6065 (permalink)  
Old 06-03-2022, 05:54 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I farking don't understand why they expect us to work day and night and why are there so are many company simps like that stranger from EY who basically worships the partners and managers. It is like people are competing to see who can work the longest and they will do all sorts of wayang like emailing client at 3am, appearing online at 1am and messaging the manager at 2am. I also play along by appearing to be online when i actually pangkang at 6pm. WFH so nobody knows.

I have already left the stupid big 4 but I am now an extremely cynical person because of my experience at the big 4. I don't trust anyone and I think this audit profession is BS.I am actually alright with most of my engagements but I hate the management and most of the people there.
I'm an associate right now. Feel that after graduation, my mental health just becomes worse and worse.

Trying to find a job in commercial finance where the hours are better. But I'm already passed 4 modules of SCAQ. I don't know whether it's worth it to quit and find another job and forego my SCAQ cos the commercial is not an ATO.

Any suggestions? Really appreciate if you guys can give me some advice.
Reply With Quote
  #6066 (permalink)  
Old 06-03-2022, 06:11 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
stop referring to big 4 as a training ground lah

Basically what u guys are doing is just follow ppy and figure out things that can be better explained in just a few minutes because the snr are too busy with too much work

Srsly u can join any firm without a mentor to guide u as “training ground” Liao with much higher pay.

Career progression? Lol u telling me earning less than 7 k per mth with average 60 hours week is progression and grind to make it there?

U making to where? Pathetic
For medicore ppl, making close to 7K per month after 5 years of grind is not bad already....
Grind few more year expect to make 10K as SM at 8-10 YOE

Which job offer offer this career progression for below average joe?
Reply With Quote

  #6067 (permalink)  
Old 06-03-2022, 06:16 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
For medicore ppl, making close to 7K per month after 5 years of grind is not bad already....
Grind few more year expect to make 10K as SM at 8-10 YOE

Which job offer offer this career progression for below average joe?
My jihu boss graduated from some melayu university and like to boss us around like some big shot

Currently is SM at 30 years old, probably making 10K/month in singapore
Go convert ringgit is like over 30K/month...
Probably top 5% of income earner in malaysia...
Reply With Quote
  #6068 (permalink)  
Old 06-03-2022, 06:27 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My jihu boss graduated from some melayu university and like to boss us around like some big shot

Currently is SM at 30 years old, probably making 10K/month in singapore
Go convert ringgit is like over 30K/month...
Probably top 5% of income earner in malaysia...
earn more than jib kor. jin satki
Reply With Quote
  #6069 (permalink)  
Old 06-03-2022, 06:48 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My jihu boss graduated from some melayu university and like to boss us around like some big shot

Currently is SM at 30 years old, probably making 10K/month in singapore
Go convert ringgit is like over 30K/month...
Probably top 5% of income earner in malaysia...
Some sinkie SM also like that. taichi master, zero guidance but keep asking about this and that
Reply With Quote
  #6070 (permalink)  
Old 06-03-2022, 09:18 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My jihu boss graduated from some melayu university and like to boss us around like some big shot

Currently is SM at 30 years old, probably making 10K/month in singapore
Go convert ringgit is like over 30K/month...
Probably top 5% of income earner in malaysia...
No ns, come here steal job steal cb.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Salary Increment to be 5.2% Salary.sg Income and Jobs 1 25-09-2021 07:24 PM
Yearly increment Button Income and Jobs 29 06-01-2018 09:43 PM
Annual Increment for Civil Service 2011 bswuming87 Income and Jobs 4 10-04-2011 09:19 PM
Annual Increment 1nch3r Income and Jobs 0 12-11-2010 12:36 AM
Can your Increment beat Inflation? Salary.sg Investments and Net Worth 9 24-04-2008 03:37 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
980 Replies, 508,148 Views
Rakuten Software Engineer (Fresh... ( 1 2)
11 Replies, 6,460 Views
Salary for JPM Summer Analyst
2 Replies, 95 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
21,461 Replies, 10,902,016 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,685 Replies, 1,514,802 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,570 Replies, 4,020,498 Views
DSO (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
55 Replies, 71,995 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,816 Replies, 7,258,449 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,610 Replies, 3,670,813 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,529 Replies, 13,009,207 Views
Any Ministry or Statboard still... ( 1 2 3)
22 Replies, 14,570 Views
INL Agency? Brand Communication...
6 Replies, 793 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
18,684 Replies, 5,591,893 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,390 Replies, 6,662,560 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,439 Replies, 728,905 Views
Best Stat board/Ministry ( 1 2 3)
22 Replies, 39,033 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,971 Replies, 1,711,457 Views
For those with 2-5 YOE, what is... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,204 Replies, 482,025 Views
MFA- Foreign Service... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
64 Replies, 91,349 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,115 Replies, 4,957,436 Views
Working in SIT (Singapore...
4 Replies, 6,151 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,349 Replies, 1,198,612 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,188 Replies, 2,600,644 Views
Engineer Pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
668 Replies, 487,096 Views
LTA (Land Transport Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
925 Replies, 492,976 Views
Early Retirement ( 1 2 3)
22 Replies, 18,132 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,669 Replies, 2,661,219 Views
HSBC Bank ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
63 Replies, 120,044 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,491 Replies, 838,785 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,586 Replies, 1,271,608 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 12:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2