Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS , UOB , OCBC (A commoner climbing up the ranks) - Page 124 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS , UOB , OCBC (A commoner climbing up the ranks)

Old 21-06-2023, 09:30 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
UOB has VP1, VP2, FVP and SVP with SVP being the highest among the VP ranks. A lot of people looked down on UOB because they are the smallest local bank and shareholding is largest concentrated by Wee family ie family run. So alot of bias on UOB. I feel UOB culture is very family oriented and the bank will treat you well in good times and bad times as well. Please dun listen to people who left UOB many years ago or people who has never work in UOB. U should ask ppl who are current employee like me. I am working in cost centre. So I do not know revenue generating units bonus. So far the bonus I am getting is between 3-6 months as average performer. Is so much better than the European banks I have worked before. In case u feel why bonus is high issit because salary is low. I dun think UOB salary is low. I feel salary is always based on last drawn plus a certain increment %. So if u jump on from foreign banks, u can still command high basic salary. I feel last few years, UOB has undergo alot of transformation including Citi acquisition. They want be perceived as good as other local banks. Many staff in the bank has obtained significant pay adjustment in the past 2 years and significant is like 20%. I am a VP1 and is drawing 13k. So those ppl who said UOB VP1 is drawing 8-9k, they are basing it on old salary range. Overall, I enjoy my stay here. Hopefully next year we can get good bonus.
Great sharing. Hard to come by in such a forum, I sincerely thank you for your generous sharing. May I know if 13k is monthly basic or inclusive of bonus? Do you have a rough figure of other ranks like VP2, FVP and SVP?

Lastly, is VP2 or FVP a 'senior' title or team lead in UOB? What should be the de-facto rank for someone with around 10 years~ working experience? Thanks in advance.

Old 22-06-2023, 01:33 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Great sharing. Hard to come by in such a forum, I sincerely thank you for your generous sharing. May I know if 13k is monthly basic or inclusive of bonus? Do you have a rough figure of other ranks like VP2, FVP and SVP?

Lastly, is VP2 or FVP a 'senior' title or team lead in UOB? What should be the de-facto rank for someone with around 10 years~ working experience? Thanks in advance.
I’ll leave it to OP to provide his/her definitive answer, but for a VP1 at UOB to earn $13k, it’s eithe (1) super laojiao, or (2) with bonus front loaded. I say this with a somewhat deep understanding of UOB’s remuneration practices.

Old 22-06-2023, 02:04 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
I’ll leave it to OP to provide his/her definitive answer, but for a VP1 at UOB to earn $13k, it’s eithe (1) super laojiao, or (2) with bonus front loaded. I say this with a somewhat deep understanding of UOB’s remuneration practices.
according to MCF, the lower band of SVP is base $16k or even $18k. Would it not be plausible for VP1 to earn $13k base?

s://.mycareersfuture.gov.sg/search?search=united%20overseas%20bank&sortBy=rele vancy&page=1

Old 22-06-2023, 03:18 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
according to MCF, the lower band of SVP is base $16k or even $18k. Would it not be plausible for VP1 to earn $13k base?

s://.mycareersfuture.gov.sg/search?search=united%20overseas%20bank&sortBy=rele vancy&page=1
Based on the website (generally average)
AVP 6k - 10k
VP1 8k - 12k
VP2 10k - 16k
FVP 12k - 18k
Old 23-06-2023, 08:04 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

Hi I am the guy who posted earlier. I dunno issit the same for other local banks. But in 2021 and 2022, UOB has massive pay adjustments around 20-30% (not promotion) to keep pace with competitors. That’s why VP1/2 has bumped up quite a lot. I am mid 30s. So I dunno issit considered laojiao. But ask anyone who worked in UOB what is the increment they get in the past 2 years. It should be material.

I dun have a rough figure since I was under the impression that 13k is FVP or VP2 range. So after market adjustment and inflation adjustment in the last 2 years, I also confused what is the pay range already.

U can choose to believe or not believe what I said. I know BOS and OCBC has aligned title hierarchy from AD, D to AVP and VP recently. So I dun talk rubbish.
Old 25-06-2023, 09:02 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Hi I am the guy who posted earlier. I dunno issit the same for other local banks. But in 2021 and 2022, UOB has massive pay adjustments around 20-30% (not promotion) to keep pace with competitors. That’s why VP1/2 has bumped up quite a lot. I am mid 30s. So I dunno issit considered laojiao. But ask anyone who worked in UOB what is the increment they get in the past 2 years. It should be material.

I dun have a rough figure since I was under the impression that 13k is FVP or VP2 range. So after market adjustment and inflation adjustment in the last 2 years, I also confused what is the pay range already.

U can choose to believe or not believe what I said. I know BOS and OCBC has aligned title hierarchy from AD, D to AVP and VP recently. So I dun talk rubbish.
Lol can I ask - what has OCBC’s and BOS’ alignment of rank/structure (which is long overdue since they are same parent group) got to do with your justification of UOB’s pay?

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app

Old 25-06-2023, 09:11 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Lol can I ask - what has OCBC’s and BOS’ alignment of rank/structure (which is long overdue since they are same parent group) got to do with your justification of UOB’s pay?
^ repost because interested to know as well. Hearsay several ops functions for both OCBC and BOS are going to be merged as well?
Old 25-06-2023, 10:08 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

OCBC rank structure has already been widely covered and has no link to your info about UOB. I highly doubt what you're saying about the adjustments because this brings local banks to pay almost as well as some foreign banks.
Old 25-06-2023, 11:16 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

Thanks for your sharing. 13K basis as at Mid 30s VP1, it is a good package without taking into your bonus. If I am not wrong 13k basis is around entry VP for OCBC (can’t imagine AVP getting 13k as AVP), any one care to verify?
Old 26-06-2023, 01:40 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Thanks for your sharing. 13K basis as at Mid 30s VP1, it is a good package without taking into your bonus. If I am not wrong 13k basis is around entry VP for OCBC (can’t imagine AVP getting 13k as AVP), any one care to verify?
Considering VP1 is a AVP-equivalent in other banks, even the local banks, I would say $13k is pretty good (even to the point of being outrageous).

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app