IMDA (under MCI) - Page 76 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Companies

Companies Discuss companies and organisations.

IMDA (under MCI)

Old 20-08-2023, 09:58 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
lolzzz same here man.

after reading thru, i decided sua lah i'm not gonna apply to this place, really sound like a toilet bowl sia like what others said.
actually bro you shld try apply, go in for a while and see tell us whether it's rly as cui as it sounds lol

Old 20-08-2023, 11:42 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
If you join IMDA but you are not a scholar maybe stay for 2-3 years at most. Here's what is happening in my department. A scholar just parachuted in from MCI. She's 33 and already Assistant Director. She joined in Feb, and since then has already staffed the Director and the Assistant Chief Executive for biz trips. She has been chosen to staff the Chief Executive next. Meanwhile non scholars like me have to beg for legitimate conferences, declined all times so far, and instead asked to choose conferences which are virtual. Ok so biz trip envy? Not quite. The creme de la scholar has been given a fully, choose as you please, hybrid work arrangement. We're all in the same team by the way, and are reminded often to stay the 9 hours and not "abuse" the hybrid arrangement. As a result, hires from industry come, kick a$$, get bonuses and bounce. I'm preparing my bounce pad too. Hopefully you fellow non-scholar peasants are smart and capable enough to follow this trajectory too. Else accept your fate and draw that sweet paycheck every month, waiting for a GenZ scholar takes charge of your appraisal LOL.
Pretty sure I know who you're referring to, and you have my sympathies - I had the misfortune to work with her in MCI, and she's just one more in a long line of scholars given too much supervisory responsibility too soon. Her idea of supervision was limited to chasing for deadlines, and there was no guidance, despite the fact that she had been in MCI for a few years. Drafts sent to her would come back with numerous questions which showed nothing but a lack of knowledge, and you'd be left asking IMDA colleagues for answers (she would also never point you to the right person, thus leading in some cases to a wild-goose chase as different IMDA divisions oversee different aspects of one area).

To add on to the package, she was terse at best, and often came off as rude and curt. While this could be forgiven as a personality quirk, she certainly knew how to turn on the charm around those above her.

Hope you're doing okay working with her - word to the wise: be firm and stand your ground, as she doesn't come from a place of knowledge or substance.

Old 21-08-2023, 09:29 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
What’s the beef?
s://.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/company-director-and-imda-consultant-allegedly-conspired-to-cheat-more-than

Google it. Cheating case, went to jail. Wonder how he got discovered. He was under Jane Lim then if I am not wrong.

Old 21-08-2023, 06:53 PM
Unregistered

Default damn. this seems like a dangerous place

lol. from reading the Glassdoor reviews & this Salary SG thread, quite mabok already
Old 21-08-2023, 11:31 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Hope you're doing okay working with her - word to the wise: be firm and stand your ground, as she doesn't come from a place of knowledge or substance.
I don't suppose the irony is that IMDA is neither a place of knowledge nor substance itself.
Old 22-08-2023, 01:07 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
lolzzz same here man.

after reading thru, i decided sua lah i'm not gonna apply to this place, really sound like a toilet bowl sia like what others said.
A friend just forwarded me the link to read about JK after she heard from others about this forum..we concluded that IMDA still has good leaders who are nice, but just got to fend for themselves coz of toxic leaders like JK who influenced others to play their bad politics. Furthermore, they hid their toxic behaviours so well in front of bosses. Many are just so glad that JK left, 1 less toxic vampire. I sincerely hope she can change for the better at her new place.

Old 22-08-2023, 10:21 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
actually bro you shld try apply, go in for a while and see tell us whether it's rly as cui as it sounds lol
MLMLWML

the culture sounds really horrible that's why shitloads of people have quit

and the CEO seems really beh kan, some more parachuted from SAF one
Old 22-08-2023, 03:05 PM
Unregistered

Wink

Quote:
As a summary (wanted to post a comic strip but cannot):

Competent, hardworking staff who works well with colleagues: Hi boss, I have been working hard for a while now, and I have achieved this this this and this. Can you table me for promo, plz?

June Koh: What?!?! *bangs table* How dare you ask for a promo to try to improve your life circumstances? It is so unnatural and wrong for someone to work hard for a higher salary and better job prospects. You are arrogant and self-entitled and I will throw you under the bus the first chance I get. Now get out of my sight and continue to work hard for me without thinking about a promo.

Incompetent, two-faced, wayang staff who treats his colleagues like dirt: Hi boss, I bought a spare cup of coffee for you (*bought by junior staff). Here you go! I also bought some extra croissants this morning. Would you like some? Did I tell you that you are brilliant and all your ideas are perfect and flawlessly executed? You are the perfect boss. You also look very beautiful today. By the way, can you table me for promo, plz?

June Koh: Sure! Why did you even have to ask? You deserve it. I will table you for promo every chance I get and make you an AD within 4 years. Plz continue to worship me like a goddess. I don't care about your work or how you treat your peers or juniors, but please continue to boost my ego and make me feeeel soooo goooooood! I want you to rise up faster so you and I can torture as many staff as possible to maximise our damage on the efficiency of the organisation. Talent mismanagement and workforce decimation FTW!
In the spirit of SG Film Commission's 25th anniversary, pls volunteer your writing prowess and creativity to write a 100 episode script for Mediacorpse.

Theme pillars: Narcissism, incompetency, toxic leadership

Main plot: LCH
Sub plot 1: AO
Sub plot 2: JK
2.1: JK THROW ACE JUSTIN UNDER THE BUS
Sub plot 3: THE ENTIRE HR
Sub plot 4: DT
Sub plot 5: Spencer Chua
Sub plot 6: Media leaders

Sub plots more to come ...

I think imda as a drama has a lot of potential to revive mediacorpse haha. Confirm many pple will watch this show.
Old 22-08-2023, 04:39 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
MLMLWML

the culture sounds really horrible that's why shitloads of people have quit

and the CEO seems really beh kan, some more parachuted from SAF one
come we parachute u into imda also
Old 22-08-2023, 04:40 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
A friend just forwarded me the link to read about JK after she heard from others about this forum..we concluded that IMDA still has good leaders who are nice, but just got to fend for themselves coz of toxic leaders like JK who influenced others to play their bad politics. Furthermore, they hid their toxic behaviours so well in front of bosses. Many are just so glad that JK left, 1 less toxic vampire. I sincerely hope she can change for the better at her new place.
wow do a lot of imda peeps frequent this thread? seems like a lot of ppl actually follow this thread for tea