IMDA (under MCI) - Page 74 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Companies

Companies Discuss companies and organisations.

IMDA (under MCI)

Old 18-08-2023, 03:51 PM
Unregistered

Default IMDA is scholar central

If you join IMDA but you are not a scholar maybe stay for 2-3 years at most. Here's what is happening in my department. A scholar just parachuted in from MCI. She's 33 and already Assistant Director. She joined in Feb, and since then has already staffed the Director and the Assistant Chief Executive for biz trips. She has been chosen to staff the Chief Executive next. Meanwhile non scholars like me have to beg for legitimate conferences, declined all times so far, and instead asked to choose conferences which are virtual. Ok so biz trip envy? Not quite. The creme de la scholar has been given a fully, choose as you please, hybrid work arrangement. We're all in the same team by the way, and are reminded often to stay the 9 hours and not "abuse" the hybrid arrangement. As a result, hires from industry come, kick a$$, get bonuses and bounce. I'm preparing my bounce pad too. Hopefully you fellow non-scholar peasants are smart and capable enough to follow this trajectory too. Else accept your fate and draw that sweet paycheck every month, waiting for a GenZ scholar takes charge of your appraisal LOL.

Old 18-08-2023, 03:57 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If you join IMDA but you are not a scholar maybe stay for 2-3 years at most. Here's what is happening in my department. A scholar just parachuted in from MCI. She's 33 and already Assistant Director. She joined in Feb, and since then has already staffed the Director and the Assistant Chief Executive for biz trips. She has been chosen to staff the Chief Executive next. Meanwhile non scholars like me have to beg for legitimate conferences, declined all times so far, and instead asked to choose conferences which are virtual. Ok so biz trip envy? Not quite. The creme de la scholar has been given a fully, choose as you please, hybrid work arrangement. We're all in the same team by the way, and are reminded often to stay the 9 hours and not "abuse" the hybrid arrangement. As a result, hires from industry come, kick a$$, get bonuses and bounce. I'm preparing my bounce pad too. Hopefully you fellow non-scholar peasants are smart and capable enough to follow this trajectory too. Else accept your fate and draw that sweet paycheck every month, waiting for a GenZ scholar takes charge of your appraisal LOL.
Maybe she gives very good services. Thats why can fly high and fast.

Old 18-08-2023, 05:21 PM
Unregistered

Wink

Quote:
I decided to post this as the said scholar has clearly been framed. And yes it appears that JK is the person who wrote all those nonsense.

The person wrote "The one who doesn't want to come down to the levels of non-scholars" which I fail to agree with. That scholar as well as the other scholar were always hanging out with everyone else in HCC and they were never flamboyant figures in the office. They do their work dilligently and don't resort to bootlicking because they don't need to.

The same cannot be said of other people within the toxic HCC. The most prominent one is Spencer Chua, a grandmaster in bootlicking. This guy bootlicked his way from M to AD within 4 years. Bosses such as JK, AO, DT love him because he makes them feel good. He is also a snake who will not hesitate to turn his back on people including his subordinates (JK heir in the making) when **** happens.

Talking about being up there, Spencer Chua is certainly one of those despite not being a scholar. When others want to schedule a meeting with him, he will tell them to go look for his subordinate (who is not even his secretary and he doesn't have one) to find a time in his calender as if he is some big shot with a packed schedule.

He will also ask people who are lower ranked than him like AM or M to buy coffee. Like seriously? He thinks he is some minister or CEO?

Oh yes and he is also the one who has been manipulating the AI manpower stats. Artificially raised the figures by including non AI jobs such as business analyst and data analyst in reports.

So dear JK, please do not frame that scholar because there are other assholes in your former department who are much worse.

Anyone else with dirt about Spencer Chua, please feel free to contribute.
As a summary (wanted to post a comic strip but cannot):

Competent, hardworking staff who works well with colleagues: Hi boss, I have been working hard for a while now, and I have achieved this this this and this. Can you table me for promo, plz?

June Koh: What?!?! *bangs table* How dare you ask for a promo to try to improve your life circumstances? It is so unnatural and wrong for someone to work hard for a higher salary and better job prospects. You are arrogant and self-entitled and I will throw you under the bus the first chance I get. Now get out of my sight and continue to work hard for me without thinking about a promo.

Incompetent, two-faced, wayang staff who treats his colleagues like dirt: Hi boss, I bought a spare cup of coffee for you (*bought by junior staff). Here you go! I also bought some extra croissants this morning. Would you like some? Did I tell you that you are brilliant and all your ideas are perfect and flawlessly executed? You are the perfect boss. You also look very beautiful today. By the way, can you table me for promo, plz?

June Koh: Sure! Why did you even have to ask? You deserve it. I will table you for promo every chance I get and make you an AD within 4 years. Plz continue to worship me like a goddess. I don't care about your work or how you treat your peers or juniors, but please continue to boost my ego and make me feeeel soooo goooooood! I want you to rise up faster so you and I can torture as many staff as possible to maximise our damage on the efficiency of the organisation. Talent mismanagement and workforce decimation FTW!

Old 18-08-2023, 07:45 PM
Unregistered

whew this thread is on fire man, keep the ball rolling LOL.
if im jk reading all this i sure cannot sleep at night suddenly kena expose by so many ppl hahaha. Imagine if her colleagues/hr/big boss read about all these.. hoseh! If they do read this thread then hope they can do something about her toxic behavior la hor dont let her bully staff there pls

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Old 18-08-2023, 10:24 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Similar thing happening in my group (cringe) where some scholars/AGC people are favoured and get promoted fast, or get parachuted in at some high ranking position, get to fly here and there with exposure to both senior management and overseas events, can take many many courses and long courses also. Meanwhile non scholars are busy covering for this lot, get rejected for legitimate conferences for learning, and only allowed to go for FOC conferences, or even told that must take leave to attend conferences (not allowed to go during office hours). Such an inspiring organisation to work for.
Old 19-08-2023, 11:53 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
As a summary (wanted to post a comic strip but cannot):

Competent, hardworking staff who works well with colleagues: Hi boss, I have been working hard for a while now, and I have achieved this this this and this. Can you table me for promo, plz?

June Koh: What?!?! *bangs table* How dare you ask for a promo to try to improve your life circumstances? It is so unnatural and wrong for someone to work hard for a higher salary and better job prospects. You are arrogant and self-entitled and I will throw you under the bus the first chance I get. Now get out of my sight and continue to work hard for me without thinking about a promo.

Incompetent, two-faced, wayang staff who treats his colleagues like dirt: Hi boss, I bought a spare cup of coffee for you (*bought by junior staff). Here you go! I also bought some extra croissants this morning. Would you like some? Did I tell you that you are brilliant and all your ideas are perfect and flawlessly executed? You are the perfect boss. You also look very beautiful today. By the way, can you table me for promo, plz?

June Koh: Sure! Why did you even have to ask? You deserve it. I will table you for promo every chance I get and make you an AD within 4 years. Plz continue to worship me like a goddess. I don't care about your work or how you treat your peers or juniors, but please continue to boost my ego and make me feeeel soooo goooooood! I want you to rise up faster so you and I can torture as many staff as possible to maximise our damage on the efficiency of the organisation. Talent mismanagement and workforce decimation FTW!
LOL! This just made my day. All the bad deeds of June Koh are coming to the fore. I am honestly not surprised, having known her and the way she works. In all my years at IMDA, I have not heard anything positive about her from the people she worked with.

If AO and DT read this, I hope they do something about Spencer Chua to alleviate the suffering of his colleagues who are most definitely demoralised/traumatised by this individual. If you cannot even manage your own staff well, how can you expect to help with the tech manpower at the national level?

Thank you to the other poster for sharing your experience with what is yet another dreadful injustice taking place at human capital. You must have witnessed many atrocities and feel like you have to let it out. Please know that you are not alone and the moral arch will always favour the truth. These "small" people like June Koh cannot hope to cover up their misdeeds with lies (both on and off the forum) forever, and incompetent and sycophantic individuals like Spencer will also be exposed eventually. I would suggest a whistleblowing culture (which is practised at other established companies), if only internally within your department. You can simply send an anonymous email to share the truth about what you and your colleagues have experienced, first to your HOD and later escalate it up the chain of command if nothing is done.

Old 19-08-2023, 04:24 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
LOL! This just made my day. All the bad deeds of June Koh are coming to the fore. I am honestly not surprised, having known her and the way she works. In all my years at IMDA, I have not heard anything positive about her from the people she worked with.

If AO and DT read this, I hope they do something about Spencer Chua to alleviate the suffering of his colleagues who are most definitely demoralised/traumatised by this individual. If you cannot even manage your own staff well, how can you expect to help with the tech manpower at the national level?

Thank you to the other poster for sharing your experience with what is yet another dreadful injustice taking place at human capital. You must have witnessed many atrocities and feel like you have to let it out. Please know that you are not alone and the moral arch will always favour the truth. These "small" people like June Koh cannot hope to cover up their misdeeds with lies (both on and off the forum) forever, and incompetent and sycophantic individuals like Spencer will also be exposed eventually. I would suggest a whistleblowing culture (which is practised at other established companies), if only internally within your department. You can simply send an anonymous email to share the truth about what you and your colleagues have experienced, first to your HOD and later escalate it up the chain of command if nothing is done.
SC got a cunning look. Also Look like GT
Old 19-08-2023, 04:39 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Please stop your whining and quit if you think you are that zai.

Maybe the fact of the matter is that your skillset has nowhere to bounce to. Oops. #hardtruth
Old 19-08-2023, 08:57 PM
Unregistered

s://sg.linkedin.com/in/spencer-chua-6b852a2b

wo this spencer dude really power sia

NS award received during reservist also need to publish on linkedin

needless to say, must be a wayang king in camp

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Old 19-08-2023, 09:58 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

I've been stalking this thread for a long time and Spencer's name finally gets mentioned. Better late than never!

He wasn't in the same team as me but based on me and my ex colls observations of him, he does seem like a very hypocritical person in office. During covid, he will take off his mask at his desk and chat with people but when bosses happened to walk past, he will quickly wear his mask properly, straighten his spine and greet them. Seeing him interact with the bosses can be really cringe.