Compare civil service salary - Page 1159 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Compare civil service salary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11581 (permalink)  
Old 30-03-2021, 02:39 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Is it possible for me to join the CS?

Hi all

I'm a 25 year old earning 3.4k/mth in the banking sector. Unlike average Singaporeans, I do not have stellar achievements - I'm the kid that played truant back in sec school. My highest local education is N level, that too is below average. So bad that even ITE rejected all my application for 2 years.

I enrolled into WSQ diploma in 2014 and graduated in 2015 before I enlisted for ns.

Rn i'm doing PT study in a local poly, I had been applying for jobs at careers.gov since last year (2020) but none ever get back.

Any advice here?

Reply With Quote
  #11582 (permalink)  
Old 30-03-2021, 03:02 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

No harm trying. But tbh abit hard.

Reply With Quote
  #11583 (permalink)  
Old 30-03-2021, 04:41 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi all

I'm a 25 year old earning 3.4k/mth in the banking sector. Unlike average Singaporeans, I do not have stellar achievements - I'm the kid that played truant back in sec school. My highest local education is N level, that too is below average. So bad that even ITE rejected all my application for 2 years.

I enrolled into WSQ diploma in 2014 and graduated in 2015 before I enlisted for ns.

Rn i'm doing PT study in a local poly, I had been applying for jobs at careers.gov since last year (2020) but none ever get back.

Any advice here?
Yes. Go for free courses on places like udemy.

Take on jobs that will directly give you skills which you can turn into a full time gig.
Eg. coding, design (learn how to use design software)

also explore jobs like paramedics, where academics is not the first consideration

Reply With Quote
  #11584 (permalink)  
Old 31-03-2021, 10:02 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

anybody know what is the starting salary for FSO in MFA and what are the increments like?
Reply With Quote
  #11585 (permalink)  
Old 31-03-2021, 10:08 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
anybody know what is the starting salary for FSO in MFA and what are the increments like?
No idea about increment, but starting is $5k.


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #11586 (permalink)  
Old 31-03-2021, 10:44 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

A quick question.

In the civil service hierarchy, what is the seniority of an Assistant Director.

Sounds impressive, but from my knowledge of corporate culture in general, there always seems to be an inflation of titles of some sort. Never worked in civil service and was just wondering if this is true in civil service also.

If so, what are the titles below and above Assistant Director?
Reply With Quote

  #11587 (permalink)  
Old 31-03-2021, 01:22 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
A quick question.

In the civil service hierarchy, what is the seniority of an Assistant Director.

Sounds impressive, but from my knowledge of corporate culture in general, there always seems to be an inflation of titles of some sort. Never worked in civil service and was just wondering if this is true in civil service also.

If so, what are the titles below and above Assistant Director?
Some govt agencies inflate the title because their officers deal with international people and 'Manager or Executive' just wouldn't cut it. I think MTI entry-level is Assistant Director, and MAS entry-level is Associate.
Reply With Quote
  #11588 (permalink)  
Old 31-03-2021, 04:31 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default IRAS Grade Scale

IRAS - IS Grade 7. Heard other Civil service having MX__ for grading, what’s the difference?
Reply With Quote
  #11589 (permalink)  
Old 31-03-2021, 04:44 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Some govt agencies inflate the title because their officers deal with international people and 'Manager or Executive' just wouldn't cut it. I think MTI entry-level is Assistant Director, and MAS entry-level is Associate.
Im the poster who asked this question.

Is this across the board or specific to very few, specific govt agencies?

What about non-specialised ministries?
Reply With Quote
  #11590 (permalink)  
Old 31-03-2021, 10:02 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Im the poster who asked this question.

Is this across the board or specific to very few, specific govt agencies?

What about non-specialised ministries?
Not across the board. In the case of MTI, AD position is an entry level graduate post, MX13.
However, in some Ministries such as MOE, AD is a MX10 level.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
civil servants, civil service, government, law, lawyer, mx scale, public sector, scholar, scholarship, superscale

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Civil Service Pay - Director level curious Income and Jobs 149 15-06-2021 09:35 AM
Civil Service Bonus 2007 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 18-03-2010 12:42 PM
High Earners In Civil Service Salary.sg Income and Jobs 29 28-04-2009 10:29 AM
HK civil service salary hike Salary.sg Income and Jobs 5 21-11-2008 11:57 PM
Civil Service Bonus mid-2008 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 6 15-07-2008 01:40 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
117 Replies, 57,751 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,067 Replies, 2,525,536 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,592 Replies, 7,347,116 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,697 Replies, 4,355,611 Views
Working Culture in IRAS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
56 Replies, 86,352 Views
All about Home Affairs Senior... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
182 Replies, 208,027 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,668 Replies, 1,281,945 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
475 Replies, 272,967 Views
Starting Pay for CS/Ministries... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
236 Replies, 109,198 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
441 Replies, 275,448 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
146 Replies, 137,268 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,727 Replies, 4,615,769 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
87 Replies, 22,876 Views
If you can't find a company here... ( 1 2)
11 Replies, 1,491 Views
Pacific Century CyberWorks (PCCW)
0 Replies, 18 Views
Visa Inc
0 Replies, 26 Views
Shopee
0 Replies, 39 Views
Food Panda
1 Replies, 47 Views
Asset Management Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
30 Replies, 3,780 Views
DBS Bank
0 Replies, 42 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,334 Replies, 574,147 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,007 Replies, 2,502,710 Views
Comp Science Frsh Grad Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
627 Replies, 99,610 Views
HDB (under MND) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
459 Replies, 370,277 Views
Citibank Singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
136 Replies, 100,312 Views
Top paying companies in SG for... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
84 Replies, 134,368 Views
Perm to contract, increase > 2k... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
32 Replies, 4,489 Views
Jumping from Stat Board into...
4 Replies, 333 Views
NUS (National University of... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
127 Replies, 119,405 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 07:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2