How is life as a doctor in Singapore? - Page 461 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




How is life as a doctor in Singapore?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #4601 (permalink)  
Old 05-01-2023, 09:05 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, can I check are all dermatologists by default certified asthestician?
I understand the asthestics coc used to be run by nsc. Was wondering do most dermatologist practice asthestics to boost their income as well?



Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #4602 (permalink)  
Old 05-01-2023, 09:16 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Oil gas got 120months bonus why u all wasting time discuss and talk here
so what lol most of them are earning 2-3k and do crazy manual labor job

u seen oil rig employees? most of their hands are fked, most of their bodies are destroyed / aged decades beyond repair

tradecraft work like oil etc has always been good money, trade in Australia also pays a crap ton ( 10k SGD and above for mid 20s with trade experience )

the downside is that their body are fked beyond repair. doctor is also stressful, face aged decades, best is to find a happy medium

Reply With Quote
  #4603 (permalink)  
Old 07-01-2023, 10:15 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Medicine is every patient got problem. Not happy. In pain.
Not well. Depressed. Sick. Miserable.
Who ever go see Dr is happy? Well?
Even aesthetic there is something they dont like about themself
Hence it is a unhappy place to work.
Not to mention more often than not dr cannot totally fix the problem
End up on chronic med. Need to go surgery.
Ortho maybe can have happier outcomes.

Reply With Quote
  #4604 (permalink)  
Old 07-01-2023, 01:08 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Medicine is every patient got problem. Not happy. In pain.
Not well. Depressed. Sick. Miserable.
Who ever go see Dr is happy? Well?
Even aesthetic there is something they dont like about themself
Hence it is a unhappy place to work.
Not to mention more often than not dr cannot totally fix the problem
End up on chronic med. Need to go surgery.
Ortho maybe can have happier outcomes.
your english is so fking bad i have 0 idea wtf u talking about

sounds like ure trying to say "see doctor = you're unhappy" which makes 0 fking sense

either u're some pampered kid and no one ever told u ure speaking nonsense or ure just some ahbeng lowclass dipshit dropped out of pri school who figured out how to use a web browser
Reply With Quote
  #4605 (permalink)  
Old 08-01-2023, 07:25 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
your english is so fking bad i have 0 idea wtf u talking about

sounds like ure trying to say "see doctor = you're unhappy" which makes 0 fking sense

either u're some pampered kid and no one ever told u ure speaking nonsense or ure just some ahbeng lowclass dipshit dropped out of pri school who figured out how to use a web browser
Like your writing is any better. "fking" "wtf" "u're" "0"?
See some Cluster B personality traits on display.
Take care. Be less angry and rude.
Reply With Quote
  #4606 (permalink)  
Old 08-01-2023, 09:12 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
your english is so fking bad i have 0 idea wtf u talking about

sounds like ure trying to say "see doctor = you're unhappy" which makes 0 fking sense

either u're some pampered kid and no one ever told u ure speaking nonsense or ure just some ahbeng lowclass dipshit dropped out of pri school who figured out how to use a web browser
I think what the guy is trying to say is that people see doctors for problems which is often the reason for their sadness, depression, etc.

Like if I went to a cosmetic doctor for a facial cosmetic surgery, it's because I am "unhappy" with how I look. Likewise if someone goes to a general doctor for his health, it's because he is "unhappy" with how he's feeling at the moment due to sickness, etc.

Makes a lot of sense tbh. The message is that doctors are "depressed" losers in nature and people who see them are no different so anyone who wants to be a doctor = you must be some depressive psycho loser which I agree.


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote

  #4607 (permalink)  
Old 08-01-2023, 09:23 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I think what the guy is trying to say is that people see doctors for problems which is often the reason for their sadness, depression, etc.

Like if I went to a cosmetic doctor for a facial cosmetic surgery, it's because I am "unhappy" with how I look. Likewise if someone goes to a general doctor for his health, it's because he is "unhappy" with how he's feeling at the moment due to sickness, etc.

Makes a lot of sense tbh. The message is that doctors are "depressed" losers in nature and people who see them are no different so anyone who wants to be a doctor = you must be some depressive psycho loser which I agree.
Hi I am the OP. I do not agree with your point that anyone who wants to be a doctor = must be a depressive loser. Most young people going into medical school are not depressed and are full of hope and promise for the future.
But being around all the miserable people called patients does wear one down to the point depression is very common among doctors. Doctors become depressed losers AFTER they have practiced medicine long enough ( how fast depends on what kind of specialty).

Medicine is not a happy medium. There are no "highs" in medicine. If you did well, nobody really cares. There is no celebration or recognition. Clockwork expectation that you do that. If you make a mistake or a patient complained, you are the culprit. Your fault. Your inadequacy. Not good enough. You feel low. Drs cannot "win" in medicine. There are no "big deals" to complete. Not like some major M&A deal that you close. Or a "big client" that you secured their business. Medical Admin side can but not with patients.

Take care guys.
Reply With Quote
  #4608 (permalink)  
Old 08-01-2023, 01:35 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
so what lol most of them are earning 2-3k and do crazy manual labor job

u seen oil rig employees? most of their hands are fked, most of their bodies are destroyed / aged decades beyond repair

tradecraft work like oil etc has always been good money, trade in Australia also pays a crap ton ( 10k SGD and above for mid 20s with trade experience )

the downside is that their body are fked beyond repair. doctor is also stressful, face aged decades, best is to find a happy medium
Dentistry is actually t he best career outcome.

Good enough comp, even better if you're dental group boss.

Fantastic working hours.

Patient handling all done by front end staff.

Nobody despises you if you don't specialise. GDP is the norm, ortho peri endo omf all that is the exception, not the other way round.

Just that need to deal with some politics at the association level, but not really newbies' daiji.

Those med students last time laugh at dentistry kids for failing to get into med. Now all suffering in public
Reply With Quote
  #4609 (permalink)  
Old 08-01-2023, 08:27 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Props to MOH for their decision to implement the weekend round allowance for hospital staff. well needed shot in the arm for our hardworking hospitalists who carry the healthcare system.
Reply With Quote
  #4610 (permalink)  
Old 09-01-2023, 03:47 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Props to MOH for their decision to implement the weekend round allowance for hospital staff. well needed shot in the arm for our hardworking hospitalists who carry the healthcare system.
Finally! The problem has always been too many willing fools wanting to be doctors and working for pittance during training or just accepting it as a norm.

The less people want to do healthcare, the more conditions will improve for those fools already stuck in the system.

Hence if you are not a fool in the system you will NOT encourage others to join but instead discourage. Do those people a favor. Tell them the truth. Sure it makes YOU look like a fool but it's the only way to make life better for yourself and future generations of healthcare workers.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What work-life balance? Salary.sg Income and Jobs 3 04-08-2022 11:49 PM
What happened to Life Sciences? Salary.sg Education and Personal Growth 50 22-05-2013 12:58 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
18,071 Replies, 5,461,655 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
748 Replies, 586,568 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,384 Replies, 3,965,383 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
21,396 Replies, 10,788,714 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,547 Replies, 3,614,482 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,704 Replies, 7,141,881 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,092 Replies, 2,552,653 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,287 Replies, 1,162,558 Views
Civil Servant Bonus Mid-2024
2 Replies, 505 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,412 Replies, 1,225,911 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,928 Replies, 1,658,191 Views
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,398 Replies, 931,005 Views
Health Promotion Board ( 1 2)
10 Replies, 12,045 Views
A*Star (Agency for Science,... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
45 Replies, 110,056 Views
Civil Servant Bonus Mid-2023 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
279 Replies, 211,387 Views
LTA (Land Transport Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
876 Replies, 468,440 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,475 Replies, 4,981,909 Views
PMO (Prime Minister's Office... ( 1 2 3)
24 Replies, 8,167 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,503 Replies, 12,900,289 Views
ITE Polytechnic Scheme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
353 Replies, 401,200 Views
GIC offer ( 1 2)
18 Replies, 942 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
833 Replies, 477,192 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,944 Replies, 2,989,379 Views
Nparks ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
42 Replies, 38,180 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,594 Replies, 2,566,741 Views
HTX (Home Team Science and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
928 Replies, 448,541 Views
ITE (lecturer) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
283 Replies, 406,774 Views
DBS Bank career advancement,... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
138 Replies, 311,811 Views
AIC Agency of Integrated Care Jobs? ( 1 2)
16 Replies, 15,219 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 06:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2