How is life as a doctor in Singapore? - Page 451 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




How is life as a doctor in Singapore?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #4501 (permalink)  
Old 10-12-2022, 03:57 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Anchor can make way more if u ey gan.
When u are a profit generator clinic owner have to profit share with u.
If not u move next day and open your own clinic, he will suck thumb.
Of cse that's if u good.

If u no charisma like me..better stay in polyclinic dutifully earn the 250k a year salary.

Locum is no future.
Good to chiong short period make lots of money
Or if u desire flexibility.
Or u really cannot make it medically and don't want to harm pple.
Once I made enuff and have a nest of money..I will turn locum also.
How much is "enuff and have a nest of money"?

Reply With Quote
  #4502 (permalink)  
Old 11-12-2022, 02:36 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
On the contrary. I went through med school and training.
All that clerking and patient contact for so many years
So that you sit in an office typing in a computer?
What a waste.
Wish you all the best anyways....
thank you.
to me, nothing is a waste in life i have no regrets and i am very happy!

Reply With Quote
  #4503 (permalink)  
Old 11-12-2022, 06:58 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Anchor can make way more if u ey gan.
When u are a profit generator clinic owner have to profit share with u.
If not u move next day and open your own clinic, he will suck thumb.
Of cse that's if u good.

If u no charisma like me..better stay in polyclinic dutifully earn the 250k a year salary.

Locum is no future.
Good to chiong short period make lots of money
Or if u desire flexibility.
Or u really cannot make it medically and don't want to harm pple.
Once I made enuff and have a nest of money..I will turn locum also.
250K is consultant?

Reply With Quote
  #4504 (permalink)  
Old 11-12-2022, 07:40 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
thank you.
to me, nothing is a waste in life i have no regrets and i am very happy!
Good attitude to have!
But we dont get younger. So it is good to have a focus in life too.
I guess it depends on your goals in life too.
Reply With Quote
  #4505 (permalink)  
Old 11-12-2022, 09:10 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
250K is consultant?
250k is RP
Fm con is 400k
Reply With Quote
  #4506 (permalink)  
Old 11-12-2022, 09:19 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
250k is RP
Fm con is 400k
Wow. Amazing!
Reply With Quote

  #4507 (permalink)  
Old 11-12-2022, 10:19 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
250K is consultant?
Ac. Stuck there a few years liao
I failed fellowship once ..traumatize so never go take exit exam again so cannot promote
Ok la, AC and con is 1k salary difference. No different to my life but turn con arrow a lot.
Now farming mode as ac. I siam arrow pple also dun come bother me. Tio arrow do bare minimum.
Work 8 to 5 minimum to meet requirement
4 years earn 1 million. Avarage about 50 percent saved.
I hope to semi retire in 10 years..living off some dividend. Maybe bully my head to give me part time.

Rp 250k?
This forum really full of corksters anyhow
400k? That's CEO salary liao.
Once u m.med the salary don't jump anymore.
Ac one increment, c one increament. SC u wait long long.
Reply With Quote
  #4508 (permalink)  
Old 11-12-2022, 03:44 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Ac. Stuck there a few years liao
I failed fellowship once ..traumatize so never go take exit exam again so cannot promote
Ok la, AC and con is 1k salary difference. No different to my life but turn con arrow a lot.
Now farming mode as ac. I siam arrow pple also dun come bother me. Tio arrow do bare minimum.
Work 8 to 5 minimum to meet requirement
4 years earn 1 million. Avarage about 50 percent saved.
I hope to semi retire in 10 years..living off some dividend. Maybe bully my head to give me part time.

Rp 250k?
This forum really full of corksters anyhow
400k? That's CEO salary liao.
Once u m.med the salary don't jump anymore.
Ac one increment, c one increament. SC u wait long long.
Mmed AC 250k/year? My seniors who passed mmed tell me that their pay is 8.6k, with 1.25k allowance for the mmed. Sign on bonus 50k over 3 years (but this is one off)
Where got 250k. (Even taking into account bonus, which I guess is 4-5 mth all in, inclusive of aws)

And you say once mmed salary don't jump, surely there is annual increments in public sector for inflation? Even lowly mo's get around 3-4% increment yearly leh.
Reply With Quote
  #4509 (permalink)  
Old 11-12-2022, 03:50 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Ac. Stuck there a few years liao
I failed fellowship once ..traumatize so never go take exit exam again so cannot promote
Ok la, AC and con is 1k salary difference. No different to my life but turn con arrow a lot.
Now farming mode as ac. I siam arrow pple also dun come bother me. Tio arrow do bare minimum.
Work 8 to 5 minimum to meet requirement
4 years earn 1 million. Avarage about 50 percent saved.
I hope to semi retire in 10 years..living off some dividend. Maybe bully my head to give me part time.

Rp 250k?
This forum really full of corksters anyhow
400k? That's CEO salary liao.
Once u m.med the salary don't jump anymore.
Ac one increment, c one increament. SC u wait long long.

I see that more and more people doing fellowship nowadays (they even have to reject some applicants). Can I ask is there still a place/role for a mmed farmer/quiet quitter in ops in the long term? (I e just do bare minimum from 8-5 and Siam all the arrows)

Somehow I feel that ops is like a small pond with many big fishes and ambitious people..
Reply With Quote
  #4510 (permalink)  
Old 11-12-2022, 09:55 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I see that more and more people doing fellowship nowadays (they even have to reject some applicants). Can I ask is there still a place/role for a mmed farmer/quiet quitter in ops in the long term? (I e just do bare minimum from 8-5 and Siam all the arrows)

Somehow I feel that ops is like a small pond with many big fishes and ambitious people..
Me lo.
Aiyah. There are only so many head and deputy head or clinic director positions and each appointment is 5 years.
Go up hq director position even lesser.
10 years ago no one want to do m.med and ops was hardiship posting. Pple come to get experience before go private. Now it's life style posting got 4 pple apply for 1 position, albeit a lot is applying as reserve.
it's the largest residency cohort, cant be everyone rise and not everyone want to rise. And of cse got cannot make it pple like me, tick all requirement to rise but exams cannot pass and decide to call it a day.

If they don't allow u to farm..then how? If only high flyer stay on, all ops will get getting are the lazy rp, fp manning the show downstairs.

To that guy that quote some salary...go ask Ur senior somemore la.
The salary not as simple as 8.6 plus 1.25. many things make up ur annual.

Also..u siibei jialat. Can u understand the word jump or not. It means a large increase. JUMP.
The largest jump u will see is resident turn m.med fp. After that got annual increament and rank increment only. There's only 3 rank after fp. Ac is gauranted unless u screw up. C u have to fight and pass fellowship. SC is when u are someone godson/daughter.
Each rank give u 800 to 1k more. Increament u can't be zai and year after year get exceptional one.
Meet is 3.x percent, exceed is 4.x, and exceptional is 5-6.x with some small variability peg to inflation.
If u high flyer u will average 5.x percent increment over course of a career while normal chaps 3.x to 4.x. farmer like me 3.x few years liao.
Hence u have no jump in salary after Ur m.med. if u work damn hard Ur salary rise slope can be steep but there is no more jump. U might get a bump when u up rank, but that is 12k annually only. Like 5 percent of your annual.
Get it ?

Why cannot 250k?
I got exceed and exceptional for a few years so early salary rise quite decently.
Infact I exceed 250k for a few years because I got a multipler to my service component. If u dunno what I'm talking about..then u not at that level to know...
Now is just meet so no extra

Sigh . Life is as such.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What work-life balance? Salary.sg Income and Jobs 3 04-08-2022 11:49 PM
What happened to Life Sciences? Salary.sg Education and Personal Growth 50 22-05-2013 12:58 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,563 Replies, 5,660,556 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
18,847 Replies, 7,981,894 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,519 Replies, 1,205,621 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,055 Replies, 539,302 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,031 Replies, 2,797,876 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,251 Replies, 1,063,124 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,051 Replies, 4,471,960 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,828 Replies, 923,408 Views
MOH Holdings ( 1 2)
13 Replies, 13,902 Views
Digital Academy Program at ST...
2 Replies, 143 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,672 Replies, 1,417,405 Views
ST engineering starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
118 Replies, 83,668 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
15,142 Replies, 10,305,714 Views
Compare Your Annual Income ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
35 Replies, 10,459 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,264 Replies, 1,026,941 Views
SIA AO grades ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
111 Replies, 54,124 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,038 Replies, 3,608,039 Views
DBS ACE Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
79 Replies, 24,661 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,184 Replies, 409,688 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
475 Replies, 231,982 Views
BCA (Building and Construction...
1 Replies, 172 Views
MOH (Ministry of Health) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
33 Replies, 43,841 Views
Micron starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
663 Replies, 272,793 Views
How much CPF do u have? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
66 Replies, 37,765 Views
Singapore Power EDGE Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
30 Replies, 7,422 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,127 Replies, 802,374 Views
Shopee fresh grad pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
884 Replies, 272,129 Views
Singapore Examination and...
2 Replies, 4,210 Views
Singapore LNG Pay
7 Replies, 4,115 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 05:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2