How is life as a doctor in Singapore? - Page 462 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




How is life as a doctor in Singapore?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #4611 (permalink)  
Old 10-01-2023, 05:31 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Conditional reg

Asking if anyone has heard or had experience re Raffles Medical and conditional reg.

Heard they take some conditional reg SíporeansÖ sounds enticing to jump ship. But also heard that itís really bad???? They overwork you plus withhold your full reg?

Anyone have story or experience can share pls !!! Strongly considering

Reply With Quote
  #4612 (permalink)  
Old 11-01-2023, 09:47 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Letter on salary revision out tonight!!!!

Reply With Quote
  #4613 (permalink)  
Old 11-01-2023, 10:49 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Medicine is every patient got problem. Not happy. In pain.
Not well. Depressed. Sick. Miserable.
Who ever go see Dr is happy? Well?
Even aesthetic there is something they dont like about themself
Hence it is a unhappy place to work.
Not to mention more often than not dr cannot totally fix the problem
End up on chronic med. Need to go surgery.
Ortho maybe can have happier outcomes.
Doesnít matter cause Drs gonna be replaced by AI soon anyways

Reply With Quote
  #4614 (permalink)  
Old 12-01-2023, 02:00 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Doesnít matter cause Drs gonna be replaced by AI soon anyways
I will be very glad and happy for all the Drs to be relieved from doing this miserable job. No more falsehoods. No more lies.

AI will tell patients exactly what they have and what they should have. patient can scold and abuse and demand and throw chairs and the AI will just respond accordingly.

I think it will be better.
Reply With Quote
  #4615 (permalink)  
Old 12-01-2023, 12:33 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Asking if anyone has heard or had experience re Raffles Medical and conditional reg.

Heard they take some conditional reg SíporeansÖ sounds enticing to jump ship. But also heard that itís really bad???? They overwork you plus withhold your full reg?

Anyone have story or experience can share pls !!! Strongly considering
Ard 9k. Not great to be honest, better to wait for full reg.
Coz with the recent increase in call pay, weekend round pay, actually mo in hospital can earn up to 8k per month easily. (Maybe more if doing gs) and if you include bonus, won't be surprised that the annual package will be higher than rmg cond reg doctors .
Reply With Quote
  #4616 (permalink)  
Old 12-01-2023, 02:02 PM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2022
Posts: 14
Happywife is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Ard 9k. Not great to be honest, better to wait for full reg.
Coz with the recent increase in call pay, weekend round pay, actually mo in hospital can earn up to 8k per month easily. (Maybe more if doing gs) and if you include bonus, won't be surprised that the annual package will be higher than rmg cond reg doctors .

How many percentage for the increment?
Reply With Quote

  #4617 (permalink)  
Old 12-01-2023, 02:14 PM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2022
Posts: 14
Happywife is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Ard 9k. Not great to be honest, better to wait for full reg.
Coz with the recent increase in call pay, weekend round pay, actually mo in hospital can earn up to 8k per month easily. (Maybe more if doing gs) and if you include bonus, won't be surprised that the annual package will be higher than rmg cond reg doctors .
Only for HO/MO what about reg and above?
Reply With Quote
  #4618 (permalink)  
Old 12-01-2023, 06:48 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I will be very glad and happy for all the Drs to be relieved from doing this miserable job. No more falsehoods. No more lies.

AI will tell patients exactly what they have and what they should have. patient can scold and abuse and demand and throw chairs and the AI will just respond accordingly.

I think it will be better.
How u know the job is miserable? U dr?
Reply With Quote
  #4619 (permalink)  
Old 12-01-2023, 11:54 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How u know the job is miserable? U dr?
Yes. The more numbee of patient you have to see the more miserable
Patients by and large are unhappy when they go see dr
You happy happy demeanour sometimes makes them even more unhappy
Even angry! They think you making fun of them
Cannot ask how are you?
They will say of course no good lah otherwise come see you for wat?
Cannot say ok see you again. They say choi you curse me get sick again?
You tell me this type of environment work for life is miserable or not?
I think most of us primary care dr is stuck in this job cos cant find anytjing better financially
Or not brave enough to change
Few truly happy hearing same old complaints and unhappiness and goving same old answers one by one to each patient
Super boring
The patients we remember are those that damn chow kuan or abusive
Nice patient is like heng ar and very rare honestly
If they give gift like chocolate also got to worry can or not? Wait someone report to SMC jia lat.
Sad.
Reply With Quote
  #4620 (permalink)  
Old 13-01-2023, 01:53 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes. The more numbee of patient you have to see the more miserable
Patients by and large are unhappy when they go see dr
You happy happy demeanour sometimes makes them even more unhappy
Even angry! They think you making fun of them
Cannot ask how are you?
They will say of course no good lah otherwise come see you for wat?
Cannot say ok see you again. They say choi you curse me get sick again?
You tell me this type of environment work for life is miserable or not?
I think most of us primary care dr is stuck in this job cos cant find anytjing better financially
Or not brave enough to change
Few truly happy hearing same old complaints and unhappiness and goving same old answers one by one to each patient
Super boring
The patients we remember are those that damn chow kuan or abusive
Nice patient is like heng ar and very rare honestly
If they give gift like chocolate also got to worry can or not? Wait someone report to SMC jia lat.
Sad.
Doesnít matter cause Drs gonna be replaced by AI soon anyways
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What work-life balance? Salary.sg Income and Jobs 3 04-08-2022 11:49 PM
What happened to Life Sciences? Salary.sg Education and Personal Growth 50 22-05-2013 12:58 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,322 Replies, 3,934,702 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
19,483 Replies, 8,710,908 Views
ITE (lecturer) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
263 Replies, 323,523 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
15,513 Replies, 11,030,188 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,339 Replies, 1,189,567 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,510 Replies, 3,803,872 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,738 Replies, 3,958,690 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,194 Replies, 944,706 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,061 Replies, 6,011,207 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
430 Replies, 208,574 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,416 Replies, 1,747,737 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,495 Replies, 790,362 Views
Career as SIA Overseas Scholar
5 Replies, 634 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,791 Replies, 1,096,634 Views
HTX (Home Team Science and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
275 Replies, 127,615 Views
Civil/Public Sector -... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
416 Replies, 346,095 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,234 Replies, 579,738 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,835 Replies, 1,442,031 Views
What are BAND 5 positions -...
8 Replies, 958 Views
MOM(ACE) offers good career... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
100 Replies, 48,809 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,485 Replies, 3,121,922 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
464 Replies, 362,252 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,512 Replies, 5,177,087 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,533 Replies, 2,659,569 Views
ITE Polytechnic Scheme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
248 Replies, 278,309 Views
NUS (National University of... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
273 Replies, 239,310 Views
Management Consultant MBB Big4 etc... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
261 Replies, 149,636 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,347 Replies, 1,735,448 Views
For those with 2-5 YOE, what is... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,134 Replies, 352,325 Views
AIC Agency of Integrated Care Jobs? ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 6,136 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 11:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2