How is life as a doctor in Singapore? - Page 134 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




How is life as a doctor in Singapore?

 Citibank Cash Back Card - up to $350 cash back* - Click to Apply Now 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1331 (permalink)  
Old 25-08-2020, 12:13 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Lol @ another money driven doctor.
And what do you do for a living?

Reply With Quote
  #1332 (permalink)  
Old 27-08-2020, 11:45 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Lol @ another money driven doctor.
Everyone should be free to choose how they wish to live. Doctors signed up to treat patients, not to do it for free. Lol.

I am sure that you are not working for free either. So I do not see how you are in any position to pass judgment on others.

This is a forum to share information. Cynical judgments like yours are not welcomed.

Reply With Quote
  #1333 (permalink)  
Old 27-08-2020, 11:15 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Everyone should be free to choose how they wish to live. Doctors signed up to treat patients, not to do it for free. Lol.

I am sure that you are not working for free either. So I do not see how you are in any position to pass judgment on others.

This is a forum to share information. Cynical judgments like yours are not welcomed.
As far as I know there is no training or curriculum whatsoever in aesthetic "medicine" in medical school. All 5 years of it in the SG system. None. Zero. Nada. Zip.

So you signed up for 5 years to study all these things to become a doctor and none of it was about aesthetic medicine and beauty.

And then now after graduating and finishing HO/MO/Residency probably in something that once again has nothing to do with aesthetic medicine (that's another 4-5 years).

So that's 10 years to train to be a doctor. With ZERO training in aesthetic medicine.

And now you want to be an aesthetic doctor.

Seems rather strange to call it a "sign up to be a doctor not for free".

Reply With Quote
  #1334 (permalink)  
Old 28-08-2020, 12:34 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Everyone should be free to choose how they wish to live. Doctors signed up to treat patients, not to do it for free. Lol.

I am sure that you are not working for free either. So I do not see how you are in any position to pass judgment on others.

This is a forum to share information. Cynical judgments like yours are not welcomed.
You mean to say that apart from being an aethestic dogtor, you would be working for free? :S
Reply With Quote
  #1335 (permalink)  
Old 29-08-2020, 07:23 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hey anyone working in polyclinic can share how a typical day is like for a Dr with FRAGP (FM) qualification? Thanks a lot!
Reply With Quote
  #1336 (permalink)  
Old 30-08-2020, 03:26 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hey anyone working in polyclinic can share how a typical day is like for a Dr with FRAGP (FM) qualification? Thanks a lot!

50 to 70 patients a day at the clinic from 830am to 5pm most days. Sat 830am to 1pm.

Take charge of Work improvement projects.

Answer complaints from patients.

Run the Family physician clinic on some days. Need to provide better service for these paying patients. Less workload on those days.
Reply With Quote

  #1337 (permalink)  
Old 30-08-2020, 03:26 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How much does an average GP practising in aesthetic medicine make?

I know its a large range depending on how successful that individual is, but just trying to get a sense.

TIA.
Hi,

Might I suggest making the effort to talk the people working in the field? If you're working in sg I'm sure you'll realise that it's pretty easy to make connections and get in touch with the people of interest. I can safely say it is substantially more than my non-aesthetic medicine counterparts.

As for the people trying to say its immoral, that's their opinion. I personally tend not to place too much weight on opinions of random members of the public (especially here). Do what you think fits in with your values and would be comfortable doing.
Reply With Quote
  #1338 (permalink)  
Old 30-08-2020, 08:33 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
50 to 70 patients a day at the clinic from 830am to 5pm most days. Sat 830am to 1pm.

Take charge of Work improvement projects.

Answer complaints from patients.

Run the Family physician clinic on some days. Need to provide better service for these paying patients. Less workload on those days.
Thank you. 50-70 patients a day thatís a lot, then each patient has only a few mins of consultation time, are patients usually willing to leave after such a short consultation? I supposed patients usually have multiple complaints/issues to be dealt with...Is there an upper limit of daily quota / room in polyclinic ? Or just have to see all the walk in patients?
Reply With Quote
  #1339 (permalink)  
Old 30-08-2020, 11:57 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thank you. 50-70 patients a day thatís a lot, then each patient has only a few mins of consultation time, are patients usually willing to leave after such a short consultation? I supposed patients usually have multiple complaints/issues to be dealt with...Is there an upper limit of daily quota / room in polyclinic ? Or just have to see all the walk in patients?

There are many residents/MOs who help with the load.

But all patients are walk in. First come first served. There is absolutely no appointment based system for the majority of patients.

You have to manage as best you can.

As a senior you will be in charge of trying to balance the load between rooms and doctors. If someone is behind and has a sizable queue of patients waiting you can direct patients to other doctors and then give the slower doctor a call to ask what's wrong?

Polyclinic is very very busy always.
Reply With Quote
  #1340 (permalink)  
Old 30-08-2020, 02:21 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
There are many residents/MOs who help with the load.

But all patients are walk in. First come first served. There is absolutely no appointment based system for the majority of patients.

You have to manage as best you can.

As a senior you will be in charge of trying to balance the load between rooms and doctors. If someone is behind and has a sizable queue of patients waiting you can direct patients to other doctors and then give the slower doctor a call to ask what's wrong?

Polyclinic is very very busy always.
So 70 patients to share among the Dr in the team or 70 patients per Dr in the session?
Is there a maximum quota in a session? Or we see all the patients that come to the clinic?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What happened to Life Sciences? Salary.sg Education and Personal Growth 50 22-05-2013 12:58 PM
What work-life balance? Salary.sg Income and Jobs 2 02-06-2008 11:48 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,682 Replies, 5,907,857 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,574 Replies, 3,064,690 Views
anyone working at NCS ? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
453 Replies, 316,214 Views
Engineer Pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
100 Replies, 44,584 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
857 Replies, 256,983 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
334 Replies, 113,291 Views
Should I switch to a higher paying... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
32 Replies, 2,927 Views
How to start a small business ( 1 2)
11 Replies, 2,040 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,394 Replies, 587,900 Views
MAS : Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
224 Replies, 136,383 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)...
8 Replies, 5,559 Views
Prospects of an economics degree ( 1 2 3)
25 Replies, 12,112 Views
Passive income ideas? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
31 Replies, 18,141 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,042 Replies, 3,840,789 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,716 Replies, 1,128,654 Views
Possibilities, salary, etc. in the...
4 Replies, 1,006 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3)
29 Replies, 3,877 Views
Commercial Affairs Officer ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
137 Replies, 93,416 Views
PCB design course
2 Replies, 102 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,457 Replies, 978,457 Views
UBS Financial Services Industry... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
156 Replies, 24,027 Views
Third Party Contract From... ( 1 2)
18 Replies, 2,255 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
244 Replies, 224,285 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
744 Replies, 373,257 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,401 Replies, 2,007,029 Views
Anyone work for Casino (RWS/MBS) ?... ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 11,971 Views
Business Development Manager at... ( 1 2)
17 Replies, 7,229 Views
Sign On After 30? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
43 Replies, 6,247 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,872 Replies, 1,750,838 Views
Officer Role in Bank of Tokyo -... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
188 Replies, 148,775 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 04:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2