How is life as a doctor in Singapore? - Page 634 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




How is life as a doctor in Singapore?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #6331 (permalink)  
Old 14-10-2023, 01:45 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, can I check is general surgery residency competitive? what's the waiting time like? what do they look for in the applicants?

15 spots island wide a year
Most get in after 1 or 2 year as mo.
Beyond that dun get it, dun try liao. Means u dun have what it takex
Commitment and consistency is what they want beside competency.
Can u work 16 hours a day and beyond
Day after day
Week after week
Months after months
Years after years
Weekend burnt.
Public holiday burnt
Birthday burnt
Missed Ur child first steps
Miss your mum funeral

While delivering consistently good and detailed level of patient care

Reply With Quote
  #6332 (permalink)  
Old 14-10-2023, 02:03 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
15 spots island wide a year
Most get in after 1 or 2 year as mo.
Beyond that dun get it, dun try liao. Means u dun have what it takex
Commitment and consistency is what they want beside competency.
Can u work 16 hours a day and beyond
Day after day
Week after week
Months after months
Years after years
Weekend burnt.
Public holiday burnt
Birthday burnt
Missed Ur child first steps
Miss your mum funeral

While delivering consistently good and detailed level of patient care
Then u will become a rich guy at exit
U want half a mil pay
U need to work

Reply With Quote
  #6333 (permalink)  
Old 14-10-2023, 02:57 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Then u will become a rich guy at exit
U want half a mil pay
U need to work
GS where got 500k annual.
AC is 13k /month.
Plus table fee maybe 220k first year out.
Furthermore u just exit
Other than hernia , lap chole , appendicetomy and some lumps and bumps
I wouldn't trust you with anything else
Pseudo sub spec 2 more years in breast, colo, hpb or upper GI then more surgery
Plus hit con
Then maybe 300k per year.

By then u miss ur dads funeral
Ur child go primary school but dun reco u. U miss all her milestone
Wife dun talk to you much
U want to go buy Mercede realise coe 150k
4 room bto flat at 300k can sell 600k. Want upgrade realise condo PSF is 2k, leasehold somemore
Continue drive Ur cheap honda
Live in 4 room bto

Suddenly all that hard work seemed pointless.

Then damn..dawn on you
Should have listen to a salary forum that talk about aesthestics

Hahahaha

Reply With Quote
  #6335 (permalink)  
Old 14-10-2023, 10:41 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How slides and viva? confident higher pass rate this year?
My seniors told me slides pass mark is 70%. In that case, gg
Reply With Quote
  #6336 (permalink)  
Old 14-10-2023, 11:17 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I知 sure they will moderate the marking. Can稚 be 70%
Reply With Quote

  #6337 (permalink)  
Old 14-10-2023, 11:59 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, can I check is general surgery residency competitive? what's the waiting time like? what do they look for in the applicants?


Got pulse can already.
Very undesirable nowadays as everyone is chasing lifestyle specialities
Reply With Quote
  #6338 (permalink)  
Old 15-10-2023, 08:34 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

AC 13k a month? 220k a year? Hahaha
Pls leh I知 getting 21k per month as AC. 300k in first year as AC
And I知 not a surgeon lol. Surgeons have the potential to earn ALOT, much more than me



Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
GS where got 500k annual.
AC is 13k /month.
Plus table fee maybe 220k first year out.
Furthermore u just exit
Other than hernia , lap chole , appendicetomy and some lumps and bumps
I wouldn't trust you with anything else
Pseudo sub spec 2 more years in breast, colo, hpb or upper GI then more surgery
Plus hit con
Then maybe 300k per year.

By then u miss ur dads funeral
Ur child go primary school but dun reco u. U miss all her milestone
Wife dun talk to you much
U want to go buy Mercede realise coe 150k
4 room bto flat at 300k can sell 600k. Want upgrade realise condo PSF is 2k, leasehold somemore
Continue drive Ur cheap honda
Live in 4 room bto

Suddenly all that hard work seemed pointless.

Then damn..dawn on you
Should have listen to a salary forum that talk about aesthestics

Hahahaha
Reply With Quote
  #6339 (permalink)  
Old 15-10-2023, 09:15 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
AC 13k a month? 220k a year? Hahaha
Pls leh I知 getting 21k per month as AC. 300k in first year as AC
And I知 not a surgeon lol. Surgeons have the potential to earn ALOT, much more than me
For those of you who say surgeon don't make. You're a joke man. Just go google surgeon fees.

ENT surgeon see one patient $200-$400 consult fee. Do nasal endoscopy $370. Look into ear $100. One patient easily $800+.

See 5 patient a day $4000 a day. $20k a week. Haven't even count the actual OT work.

These surgeons easily make millions a year.
Reply With Quote
  #6340 (permalink)  
Old 15-10-2023, 10:27 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
For those of you who say surgeon don't make. You're a joke man. Just go google surgeon fees.

ENT surgeon see one patient $200-$400 consult fee. Do nasal endoscopy $370. Look into ear $100. One patient easily $800+.

See 5 patient a day $4000 a day. $20k a week. Haven't even count the actual OT work.

These surgeons easily make millions a year.
Agree.

You must look at the long term.
When u r in your 50s, established cilente
Own your medical suite
That's where ur income skyrocket


Residency , ac two years, slog as con for 5 years
Going for hmdp

These r just pathway to ur sky high pay in your 50s
Millions or more
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What work-life balance? Salary.sg Income and Jobs 3 04-08-2022 11:49 PM
What happened to Life Sciences? Salary.sg Education and Personal Growth 50 22-05-2013 12:58 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,581 Replies, 2,556,497 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,336 Replies, 3,954,640 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,462 Replies, 4,963,240 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
17,928 Replies, 5,435,895 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,654 Replies, 7,117,595 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,917 Replies, 1,653,439 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
21,385 Replies, 10,770,463 Views
INL Agency? Brand Communication...
4 Replies, 441 Views
HTX (Home Team Science and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
927 Replies, 445,033 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
826 Replies, 473,007 Views
ITE (lecturer) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
282 Replies, 405,806 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,940 Replies, 2,986,024 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,351 Replies, 694,635 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
498 Replies, 665,028 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,632 Replies, 1,465,238 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,495 Replies, 12,876,466 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,249 Replies, 1,156,872 Views
Election Department job application ( 1 2)
10 Replies, 4,385 Views
Management Consultant MBB Big4 etc... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
272 Replies, 203,816 Views
Whats your net worth ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,963 Replies, 1,423,409 Views
DBS Bank career advancement,... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
137 Replies, 310,829 Views
PMO (Prime Minister's Office... ( 1 2)
17 Replies, 7,622 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,038 Replies, 4,881,302 Views
Civil Servant Bonus Mid-2023 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
198 Replies, 185,112 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,533 Replies, 3,606,127 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,083 Replies, 2,544,259 Views
Work culture in CPF board ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
43 Replies, 81,442 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
944 Replies, 560,513 Views
Is HR useless? ( 1 2)
13 Replies, 736 Views
GIC (Government of Singapore... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
423 Replies, 753,302 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 12:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2