Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Anyone jobless for a long time before?

Old 13-06-2016, 07:21 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
True. Wasting time and money when you can send directly to the potential employer. My recruitment officer MIA since one month ago. No news, no update. Therefore, no interviews, no job for me. Really a waste of time and transport fee.
Yes. Most people got cheated by recruitment agent before. Usually when they want you to go down for a interview by them, they will promise you that they are able to arrange an interview for u with the company u apply. In the end, when u go there, then they tell u they will just email your cv to the company for them to choose themselves, then after that they went Mia. This is their usual practice, what a scam. They got no connection with companies to arrange interview still cheat people going down to get interview by them.

Old 14-06-2016, 12:16 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes. Most people got cheated by recruitment agent before. Usually when they want you to go down for a interview by them, they will promise you that they are able to arrange an interview for u with the company u apply. In the end, when u go there, then they tell u they will just email your cv to the company for them to choose themselves, then after that they went Mia. This is their usual practice, what a scam. They got no connection with companies to arrange interview still cheat people going down to get interview by them.
And the scary part is the information they collected may be sold to data mining companies. They easily collected detailed information from job seekers and then sell them. They make money either way.

Old 14-06-2016, 09:04 PM
PrivateUniGrad

Default In a dilemma

Hey all, I'm not sure if this is the correct thread to post this.

I'm in a huge dilemma now whether to leave my current job as it's causing me to be depressed. Can't elaborate on company and job scope, afraid boss might find out, but I'm working in a bank drawing 3.2k every month.

This is my first job and I'm a private uni graduate. Although I'm so tempted to tender my resignation, reading through this thread makes me scared to do so. But it will really take a toll on my health if I continue what I'm currently doing...

Is anyone facing the same issue? I bet lots of people are (well my colleagues are). Sent out a few resumes but haven't received any reply....

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Old 14-06-2016, 09:26 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrivateUniGrad View Post

I'm in a huge dilemma now whether to leave my current job as it's causing me to be depressed. Can't elaborate on company and job scope, afraid boss might find out, but I'm working in a bank drawing 3.2k every month.

This is my first job and I'm a private uni graduate. Although I'm so tempted to tender my resignation, reading through this thread makes me scared to do so. But it will really take a toll on my health if I continue what I'm currently doing...

Is anyone facing the same issue? I bet lots of people are (well my colleagues are). Sent out a few resumes but haven't received any reply....
Just stay and continue sending out resumes non stop.
Old 14-06-2016, 09:42 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

What's causing you to be depressed? Job Scope? Work Environment? Boss? Responsibilities?

hang in there my friend..
Old 14-06-2016, 11:22 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

It's hard to pinpoint exactly what is happening in your work place without more details. How long have you been in your first job? If it's too short a tenure, employers will wonder why are you leaving so fast, especially this is your first job. What makes you think your new job would be better? Every job has its own challenges and stress. You need to learn how to juggle well and balance out yourself. Train up your tenacity, otherwise you will feel the same everywhere you go. Welcome to the world. Last advice, don't leave whether a job.

Old 18-06-2016, 11:51 AM
Unregistered

Temporary Admin Asst
://.jobstreet.com.sg/en/job/temporary-admin-assistant-6-months-contract-5281816

Office Cleaner
://.jobstreet.com.sg/en/job/office-cleaner-1-year-renewable-contract-5267004

Studio Consultant
://.jobstreet.com.sg/en/job/studio-consultant-sales-cum-instructor-5287335

Corporate Services Officer (Protocol)
s://.gov.uk/government/world/organisations/british-high-commission-singapore/about/recruitment

Regional Economic and Intellectual Property Project Officer
s://.gov.uk/government/world/organisations/british-high-commission-singapore/about/recruitment

Regional Programme Officer (South East Asia Prosperity Fund)
Old 18-06-2016, 05:46 PM
Unregistered

Driver
://careers.pageuppeople.com/688/cwlive/en/job/507065/driver
Old 18-06-2016, 05:54 PM
Unregistered

Gallery Officer
://careers.pageuppeople.com/688/cwlive/en/job/507824/gallery-officer
Old 20-06-2016, 04:56 AM
Unregistered

Quote:

Just do what everybody does. Send out resumes while working for your current boss. Tell your further boss you will need to give XX amount of notice for your current job. They will understand, almost everyone does it like that. Do not quit and then try to find the next job. It's now June and July period, which means there are thousands of fresh Uni and Poly grads looking for jobs. This is not the best time period to job hop. With recession on the horizon, god knows when you may secure your next job. If you feel depress now, imagine yourself out of job, sending hundreds of resumes per month and having to explain to prospective employers why you are out of work for long periods of time. That is depressing! Toughen up man! There are worse off people in this forum. You can do it!