aerospace engineer (rolls royce) - Page 2 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




aerospace engineer (rolls royce)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 23-09-2012, 11:48 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerofoil View Post
i assume your company = rolls royce? what about the increment?
i m not from RR!!

all I can say the increment is low 3-5% depend on performance A B or C.....


3-5% increment is the norm...

Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 23-09-2012, 11:55 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 6
aerofoil is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i m not from RR!!

all I can say the increment is low 3-5% depend on performance A B or C.....


3-5% increment is the norm...
was it easy to find a job in the aero industry after you graduated?

Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 24-09-2012, 10:25 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

RR starting pay is at least $300 - $400 higher than small companies like ST Aero or SIA. Benefits also much better and increments are much higher also, easily reach 5k in 3 years

Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 24-09-2012, 01:36 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default adherent mlonge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
RR starting pay is at least $300 - $400 higher than small companies like ST Aero or SIA. Benefits also much better and increments are much higher also, easily reach 5k in 3 years
are you from RR? I wouldnt rate ST and SIA as small companies though... hope you can provide more advice and insight into the aerospace industry in Singapore
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 24-09-2012, 02:05 PM
Super Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 187
poor and stupid is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
are you from RR? I wouldnt rate ST and SIA as small companies though... hope you can provide more advice and insight into the aerospace industry in Singapore
I not from RR, nor worked as lae, but i when to interviews for lae stuff, if u go 2 interview, you are in, if u go 3, 75% in. Moral of story? Super easy to get into aerospace if you are normally fit. Basic is bloody low, break bond = bankrupt, seriously become MOE teacher also better. Btw I have 4/12 caas cert

and ya, although SIA is big, their SIA engineering and ST aero consider not big company as they are maintenance, RR are manufacturers.
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 24-09-2012, 03:34 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerofoil View Post
was it easy to find a job in the aero industry after you graduated?
i dunno, since i was a fresh mechanical grad then, i just spam resume anyhow, and they call me up for interview, and i take the offer
Reply With Quote

  #17 (permalink)  
Old 24-09-2012, 03:37 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
RR starting pay is at least $300 - $400 higher than small companies like ST Aero or SIA. Benefits also much better and increments are much higher also, easily reach 5k in 3 years
from what i know from friend

GE aviation offer 2.6/2.7k in 2007
P & W offer 2.6/2.7k in 2007
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 05-10-2012, 03:47 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

ST provides roughly 3.2 k starting
RR was offered 3.1k
siaec was low at around 2.6k

Got offered 3.3k for another MRO

Tbh oems don't give that high basic but they get good bonuses every 3-4 months
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 04-11-2012, 01:55 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
RR starting pay is at least $300 - $400 higher than small companies like ST Aero or SIA. Benefits also much better and increments are much higher also, easily reach 5k in 3 years
Are you sure u can hit 5k in 3 years in same company? Increment in most companies are performance based. For performance based it is typically about 3-10% and it varies for everyone. Does not make sense if you were the boss and you give everyone 10% increment even for worst performers. Unless you are top performer and your boss recommends you for maximum increment all the time (which is not going to happen). If not how to hit 5k in 3 years for the same company? Job hopping can hit the 5k more easier I guess. Some companies have a flat increment rate across the board for the year depending on company's performance.

In terms of benefits (variable bonus, medical, annual leave, etc), you have to gauge yourself. Companies like SIA still gives out flight benefits to staff. SIAEC might be different as they are MRO not airlines like SIA. Some companies can give you good pay but not necessary the best benefits.
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 04-11-2012, 09:33 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Are you sure u can hit 5k in 3 years in same company? Increment in most companies are performance based. For performance based it is typically about 3-10% and it varies for everyone. Does not make sense if you were the boss and you give everyone 10% increment even for worst performers. Unless you are top performer and your boss recommends you for maximum increment all the time (which is not going to happen). If not how to hit 5k in 3 years for the same company? Job hopping can hit the 5k more easier I guess. Some companies have a flat increment rate across the board for the year depending on company's performance.

In terms of benefits (variable bonus, medical, annual leave, etc), you have to gauge yourself. Companies like SIA still gives out flight benefits to staff. SIAEC might be different as they are MRO not airlines like SIA. Some companies can give you good pay but not necessary the best benefits.
I wonder if the people here really worked in RR before..

checked their annual financial result, free cash flow, all this just stated in the plain yahoo finance.. then you will know how well the company doing..

I think there is a myth in this forum, people think that mega MNC give super high pay and super high bonus...

I worked in 3 MEGA MEGA MNC (100,000 employees ++) before... they are VERY cautious about cost because economy is NOT doing well.. especially you are in consumer electronic then VERY GOOD LUCK.. tell me apart from intel and apple which consumer electronic company is earning money? Philips? HP? or..Siemen?

HOW ON EARTH you expect company to pay you well if every years is a cost cutting year???

I know alot of GLC ppl here in this forum.. i think you guys get more than us.. but culture wise i think MNC better, more work life balance and more emphasis on SOBC
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Submitting My Resume To ST Aerospace... lovely Income and Jobs 30 27-12-2020 12:42 PM
After Getting Diploma from Aerospace Electronics ? Dionne Monic Education and Personal Growth 6 10-02-2018 12:46 PM
Aerospace Engineers JeffLKS Income and Jobs 3 10-03-2012 12:49 AM
Internship (Aerospace Industry) atsl88 Income and Jobs 0 10-12-2010 12:18 AM
Aerospace Engineer atsl88 Income and Jobs 2 17-03-2010 11:02 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,031 Replies, 499,496 Views
For those with 2-5 YOE, what is... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
130 Replies, 9,160 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,577 Replies, 1,523,787 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,266 Replies, 4,036,744 Views
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,207 Replies, 596,168 Views
Pay grade at CSA ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
211 Replies, 78,286 Views
Lendlease Graduate Program 2021... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
71 Replies, 6,459 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,058 Replies, 6,893,109 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,594 Replies, 1,912,010 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
249 Replies, 73,231 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,304 Replies, 1,256,721 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,621 Replies, 412,072 Views
How much CPF do u have? ( 1 2 3)
26 Replies, 15,258 Views
Banking Tech vs Consulting ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
46 Replies, 1,213 Views
Benefits, Insurance, Annual Leave... ( 1 2)
19 Replies, 1,083 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
256 Replies, 130,714 Views
Commercial Affairs Officer ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
172 Replies, 125,520 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
743 Replies, 150,603 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,758 Replies, 1,039,975 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,806 Replies, 2,335,330 Views
ITE lecturer ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
244 Replies, 191,287 Views
MAS : Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
361 Replies, 215,879 Views
MOM(ACE) offers good career...
9 Replies, 801 Views
Income of Hairdresser ( 1 2)
11 Replies, 8,149 Views
What house should I buy after... ( 1 2 3)
23 Replies, 22,571 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
629 Replies, 148,240 Views
What is Capgemini senior analyst ? ( 1 2)
18 Replies, 556 Views
Job with travel opportunities and... ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 4,594 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,630 Replies, 2,256,449 Views
Civil Service Pay - Director level ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
149 Replies, 256,436 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 06:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2