Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   aerospace engineer (rolls royce) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2184-aerospace-engineer-rolls-royce.html)

aerofoil 17-09-2012 12:11 AM

aerospace engineer (rolls royce)

Hey all. I am a year 4 NTU aerospace engineering student with first class and will be graduating in less than a year. I am interested to work in rolls royce but i cannot seem to find much threads with more information on this. Anyone here can give me more information on this? like the salary, job scope, environment, graduate program.
other than rolls royce, what are the other prospects that I are in for me? :)

Unregistered 17-09-2012 09:01 AM

For this kind of mega MNC freshie starting is 3.6k-3.8k, bonus ~4months. Benefits also quite good, most comes with flex points.

aerofoil 17-09-2012 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 28306)
For this kind of mega MNC freshie starting is 3.6k-3.8k, bonus ~4months. Benefits also quite good, most comes with flex points.

Thanks for the info. Are you working in Rolls Royce atm?

aerofoil 23-09-2012 07:57 AM

anyone from rolls royce who can provide more info? Thanks

Unregistered 23-09-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerofoil (Post 28513)
anyone from rolls royce who can provide more info? Thanks

<<mega MNC freshie starting is 3.6k-3.8k>>

i grad in 2007 ntu, also in aerospace/aviation sector, but so far haven "heard of" fresh grad getting 3.6k-3.8k as starting pay b4.

I would say the range from 2007 till 2012 from variously aviation company is 2.6k(in 2007) to 3.4k(in 2012 1st class).

most company will only give you 3.8-4k with 3-4 yr of exp after jump ship.

generally most aerospace company give the same annual package
15-20day leave
12mth base + 1 aws + 2-6 mth variable bonus + stock option etc

orbit1 23-09-2012 04:03 PM

A Very Powerful Way to Make Your Resume “Interesting”

interesting-resumeThe “interesting” level of your resume will determine your number of interviews and the quality of your interview. Hence, the better and creative your resume is, the higher chances you will get the job.

Let’s keep it simple – Your main objective is to spark IMMEDIATE interest in the other party and the bad news is that you have only 2-3 seconds to accomplish this. Generally, with traditional method of resume making, it is almost impossible to do so.

Take a look at this resume that I have done many years ago and it was a REAL HIT when it was published at that time!

Take a look at Super Group - Building the Super Job Network (It looks somewhat dated, looked at the website, it was in 2006!)

I have transferred the resume of Fanny and inserted a few more interesting photos (Which are not PASSPORT sizes) to create an IMMEDIATE interest for any person who view this website.

Unregistered 23-09-2012 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orbit1 (Post 28519)
A Very Powerful Way to Make Your Resume “Interesting”

interesting-resumeThe “interesting” level of your resume will determine your number of interviews and the quality of your interview. Hence, the better and creative your resume is, the higher chances you will get the job.

Let’s keep it simple – Your main objective is to spark IMMEDIATE interest in the other party and the bad news is that you have only 2-3 seconds to accomplish this. Generally, with traditional method of resume making, it is almost impossible to do so.

Take a look at this resume that I have done many years ago and it was a REAL HIT when it was published at that time!

Take a look at Super Group - Building the Super Job Network (It looks somewhat dated, looked at the website, it was in 2006!)

I have transferred the resume of Fanny and inserted a few more interesting photos (Which are not PASSPORT sizes) to create an IMMEDIATE interest for any person who view this website.

If your a troll, grats on spending days building that website.

If your serious, thats worse cause that resume was really retarded(for lack of a better word)

aerofoil 23-09-2012 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 28517)
<<mega MNC freshie starting is 3.6k-3.8k>>

i grad in 2007 ntu, also in aerospace/aviation sector, but so far haven "heard of" fresh grad getting 3.6k-3.8k as starting pay b4.

I would say the range from 2007 till 2012 from variously aviation company is 2.6k(in 2007) to 3.4k(in 2012 1st class).

most company will only give you 3.8-4k with 3-4 yr of exp after jump ship.

generally most aerospace company give the same annual package
15-20day leave
12mth base + 1 aws + 2-6 mth variable bonus + stock option etc

are you still in the aerospace industry now? how as it when you graduated in 2007?

Unregistered 23-09-2012 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerofoil (Post 28528)
are you still in the aerospace industry now? how as it when you graduated in 2007?

my time the range for my company is 2.6k to 3.2k

3.2k is 1st class with NS

now my company give 2.8k to 3.4k

3.4k is 1st class with NS

aerofoil 23-09-2012 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 28529)
my time the range for my company is 2.6k to 3.2k

3.2k is 1st class with NS

now my company give 2.8k to 3.4k

3.4k is 1st class with NS

i assume your company = rolls royce? what about the increment?