Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   aerospace engineer (rolls royce) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2184-aerospace-engineer-rolls-royce.html)

aerofoil 17-09-2012 12:11 AM

aerospace engineer (rolls royce)

Hey all. I am a year 4 NTU aerospace engineering student with first class and will be graduating in less than a year. I am interested to work in rolls royce but i cannot seem to find much threads with more information on this. Anyone here can give me more information on this? like the salary, job scope, environment, graduate program.
other than rolls royce, what are the other prospects that I are in for me? :)

Unregistered 17-09-2012 09:01 AM

For this kind of mega MNC freshie starting is 3.6k-3.8k, bonus ~4months. Benefits also quite good, most comes with flex points.

aerofoil 17-09-2012 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 28306)
For this kind of mega MNC freshie starting is 3.6k-3.8k, bonus ~4months. Benefits also quite good, most comes with flex points.

Thanks for the info. Are you working in Rolls Royce atm?

aerofoil 23-09-2012 07:57 AM

anyone from rolls royce who can provide more info? Thanks

Unregistered 23-09-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerofoil (Post 28513)
anyone from rolls royce who can provide more info? Thanks

<<mega MNC freshie starting is 3.6k-3.8k>>

i grad in 2007 ntu, also in aerospace/aviation sector, but so far haven "heard of" fresh grad getting 3.6k-3.8k as starting pay b4.

I would say the range from 2007 till 2012 from variously aviation company is 2.6k(in 2007) to 3.4k(in 2012 1st class).

most company will only give you 3.8-4k with 3-4 yr of exp after jump ship.

generally most aerospace company give the same annual package
15-20day leave
12mth base + 1 aws + 2-6 mth variable bonus + stock option etc

orbit1 23-09-2012 04:03 PM

A Very Powerful Way to Make Your Resume “Interesting”

interesting-resumeThe “interesting” level of your resume will determine your number of interviews and the quality of your interview. Hence, the better and creative your resume is, the higher chances you will get the job.

Let’s keep it simple – Your main objective is to spark IMMEDIATE interest in the other party and the bad news is that you have only 2-3 seconds to accomplish this. Generally, with traditional method of resume making, it is almost impossible to do so.

Take a look at this resume that I have done many years ago and it was a REAL HIT when it was published at that time!

Take a look at Super Group - Building the Super Job Network (It looks somewhat dated, looked at the website, it was in 2006!)

I have transferred the resume of Fanny and inserted a few more interesting photos (Which are not PASSPORT sizes) to create an IMMEDIATE interest for any person who view this website.

Unregistered 23-09-2012 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orbit1 (Post 28519)
A Very Powerful Way to Make Your Resume “Interesting”

interesting-resumeThe “interesting” level of your resume will determine your number of interviews and the quality of your interview. Hence, the better and creative your resume is, the higher chances you will get the job.

Let’s keep it simple – Your main objective is to spark IMMEDIATE interest in the other party and the bad news is that you have only 2-3 seconds to accomplish this. Generally, with traditional method of resume making, it is almost impossible to do so.

Take a look at this resume that I have done many years ago and it was a REAL HIT when it was published at that time!

Take a look at Super Group - Building the Super Job Network (It looks somewhat dated, looked at the website, it was in 2006!)

I have transferred the resume of Fanny and inserted a few more interesting photos (Which are not PASSPORT sizes) to create an IMMEDIATE interest for any person who view this website.

If your a troll, grats on spending days building that website.

If your serious, thats worse cause that resume was really retarded(for lack of a better word)

aerofoil 23-09-2012 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 28517)
<<mega MNC freshie starting is 3.6k-3.8k>>

i grad in 2007 ntu, also in aerospace/aviation sector, but so far haven "heard of" fresh grad getting 3.6k-3.8k as starting pay b4.

I would say the range from 2007 till 2012 from variously aviation company is 2.6k(in 2007) to 3.4k(in 2012 1st class).

most company will only give you 3.8-4k with 3-4 yr of exp after jump ship.

generally most aerospace company give the same annual package
15-20day leave
12mth base + 1 aws + 2-6 mth variable bonus + stock option etc

are you still in the aerospace industry now? how as it when you graduated in 2007?

Unregistered 23-09-2012 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerofoil (Post 28528)
are you still in the aerospace industry now? how as it when you graduated in 2007?

my time the range for my company is 2.6k to 3.2k

3.2k is 1st class with NS

now my company give 2.8k to 3.4k

3.4k is 1st class with NS

aerofoil 23-09-2012 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 28529)
my time the range for my company is 2.6k to 3.2k

3.2k is 1st class with NS

now my company give 2.8k to 3.4k

3.4k is 1st class with NS

i assume your company = rolls royce? what about the increment?

Unregistered 23-09-2012 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerofoil (Post 28530)
i assume your company = rolls royce? what about the increment?

i m not from RR!!

all I can say the increment is low 3-5% depend on performance A B or C.....

3-5% increment is the norm...

aerofoil 23-09-2012 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 28531)
i m not from RR!!

all I can say the increment is low 3-5% depend on performance A B or C.....

3-5% increment is the norm...

was it easy to find a job in the aero industry after you graduated?

Unregistered 24-09-2012 10:25 AM

RR starting pay is at least $300 - $400 higher than small companies like ST Aero or SIA. Benefits also much better and increments are much higher also, easily reach 5k in 3 years

Unregistered 24-09-2012 01:36 PM

adherent mlonge

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 28538)
RR starting pay is at least $300 - $400 higher than small companies like ST Aero or SIA. Benefits also much better and increments are much higher also, easily reach 5k in 3 years

are you from RR? I wouldnt rate ST and SIA as small companies though... hope you can provide more advice and insight into the aerospace industry in Singapore

poor and stupid 24-09-2012 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 28541)
are you from RR? I wouldnt rate ST and SIA as small companies though... hope you can provide more advice and insight into the aerospace industry in Singapore

I not from RR, nor worked as lae, but i when to interviews for lae stuff, if u go 2 interview, you are in, if u go 3, 75% in. Moral of story? Super easy to get into aerospace if you are normally fit. Basic is bloody low, break bond = bankrupt, seriously become MOE teacher also better. Btw I have 4/12 caas cert

and ya, although SIA is big, their SIA engineering and ST aero consider not big company as they are maintenance, RR are manufacturers.

Unregistered 24-09-2012 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerofoil (Post 28532)
was it easy to find a job in the aero industry after you graduated?

i dunno, since i was a fresh mechanical grad then, i just spam resume anyhow, and they call me up for interview, and i take the offer

Unregistered 24-09-2012 03:37 PM

Quote:

from what i know from friend

GE aviation offer 2.6/2.7k in 2007
P & W offer 2.6/2.7k in 2007

Unregistered 05-10-2012 03:47 AM

ST provides roughly 3.2 k starting
RR was offered 3.1k
siaec was low at around 2.6k

Got offered 3.3k for another MRO

Tbh oems don't give that high basic but they get good bonuses every 3-4 months

Unregistered 04-11-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Are you sure u can hit 5k in 3 years in same company? Increment in most companies are performance based. For performance based it is typically about 3-10% and it varies for everyone. Does not make sense if you were the boss and you give everyone 10% increment even for worst performers. Unless you are top performer and your boss recommends you for maximum increment all the time (which is not going to happen). If not how to hit 5k in 3 years for the same company? Job hopping can hit the 5k more easier I guess. Some companies have a flat increment rate across the board for the year depending on company's performance.

In terms of benefits (variable bonus, medical, annual leave, etc), you have to gauge yourself. Companies like SIA still gives out flight benefits to staff. SIAEC might be different as they are MRO not airlines like SIA. Some companies can give you good pay but not necessary the best benefits.

Unregistered 04-11-2012 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 29755)
Are you sure u can hit 5k in 3 years in same company? Increment in most companies are performance based. For performance based it is typically about 3-10% and it varies for everyone. Does not make sense if you were the boss and you give everyone 10% increment even for worst performers. Unless you are top performer and your boss recommends you for maximum increment all the time (which is not going to happen). If not how to hit 5k in 3 years for the same company? Job hopping can hit the 5k more easier I guess. Some companies have a flat increment rate across the board for the year depending on company's performance.

In terms of benefits (variable bonus, medical, annual leave, etc), you have to gauge yourself. Companies like SIA still gives out flight benefits to staff. SIAEC might be different as they are MRO not airlines like SIA. Some companies can give you good pay but not necessary the best benefits.

I wonder if the people here really worked in RR before..

checked their annual financial result, free cash flow, all this just stated in the plain yahoo finance.. then you will know how well the company doing..

I think there is a myth in this forum, people think that mega MNC give super high pay and super high bonus...

I worked in 3 MEGA MEGA MNC (100,000 employees ++) before... they are VERY cautious about cost because economy is NOT doing well.. especially you are in consumer electronic then VERY GOOD LUCK.. tell me apart from intel and apple which consumer electronic company is earning money? Philips? HP? or..Siemen?

HOW ON EARTH you expect company to pay you well if every years is a cost cutting year???

I know alot of GLC ppl here in this forum.. i think you guys get more than us.. but culture wise i think MNC better, more work life balance and more emphasis on SOBC

Unregistered 04-11-2012 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 29762)
I wonder if the people here really worked in RR before..

checked their annual financial result, free cash flow, all this just stated in the plain yahoo finance.. then you will know how well the company doing..

I think there is a myth in this forum, people think that mega MNC give super high pay and super high bonus...

I worked in 3 MEGA MEGA MNC (100,000 employees ++) before... they are VERY cautious about cost because economy is NOT doing well.. especially you are in consumer electronic then VERY GOOD LUCK.. tell me apart from intel and apple which consumer electronic company is earning money? Philips? HP? or..Siemen?

HOW ON EARTH you expect company to pay you well if every years is a cost cutting year???

I know alot of GLC ppl here in this forum.. i think you guys get more than us.. but culture wise i think MNC better, more work life balance and more emphasis on SOBC

Where got company free cash flow got to do with individual pay? Look at all the banks, so many losses still paying top bonuses.

Unregistered 04-11-2012 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 29765)
Where got company free cash flow got to do with individual pay? Look at all the banks, so many losses still paying top bonuses.

you dun think that good corporate performance will translate into more VPB ? then when the company is not dong well it will get worse right?

Unregistered 28-03-2013 11:46 PM

any more information or update on the career as graduate trainee for rolls royce?

Unregistered 13-05-2013 06:01 PM

UTC Aerospace system

Try UTC Aerospace system instead. Heard they have some graduate schemes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 34998)
any more information or update on the career as graduate trainee for rolls royce?

itsmeagain 13-05-2013 08:05 PM

Rolls Royce graduate trainee base salary is about 3K (last heard in 2012).

Unregistered 14-05-2013 09:23 AM

UTC Aerospace system pays their engineers well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 36868)
Try UTC Aerospace system instead. Heard they have some graduate schemes.

Unregistered 14-05-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 36997)
UTC Aerospace system pays their engineers well.

I think they are paying fresh grad engineers at 3650 basic + 300 transport allowance now, not the best but above average.

Unregistered 15-05-2013 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 37001)
I think they are paying fresh grad engineers at 3650 basic + 300 transport allowance now, not the best but above average.

Huh!?!?!? UTC Aerospace system = Goodrich Aerostructure last time.....

fresh grad getting 3650?!?!? Is it for 1st class with NS??

300 allowance?!??!

have apply to last time goodrich in 2009, with 1 year exp, they offer 3.3k only, 2nd lower with NS mech engineering!!!....also that time no such thingy as 300 transport allowance...

Unregistered 16-05-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 29762)

i have worked in a MNC (>300k employees) as well as 2 GLCs. u are right that MNCs do not pay as well as many people believe them to... and u have to take more conference calls with US/Europe. those a**h***s only expect u to dial in at night, try asking them to dial in during our working hours!

i suppose the remuneration depends on industry and position as well. for eg, don't go comparing with investment banking or bank sales cos they will probably trump you.

what i know is that certain civil service ministries are well above "market" now, even better than MNCs and GLCs.

Unregistered 16-02-2016 04:12 PM

Anyone knows what is the annual increment % in Rolls Royce?

And how the job grade works?

Unregistered 17-02-2016 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 79901)
Anyone knows what is the annual increment % in Rolls Royce?

And how the job grade works?

RR is decent - normal increments usually 7-8% can go up to 10+% if you are top performer. But of course cannot compare to places like banking or fund management.

Unregistered 17-02-2016 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 79949)
RR is decent - normal increments usually 7-8% can go up to 10+% if you are top performer. But of course cannot compare to places like banking or fund management.

This is already above the norm among all the engineering sector. Thanks for the info.

Unregistered 17-02-2016 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 79949)

How about performance bonus range?

Unregistered1 22-01-2017 01:08 AM

Hi guys. I would like to check what you guys think about graduate engineering training program offer by GE?

Unregistered 22-01-2017 09:08 AM

wrong number here issit? haha. If it were the old Goodrich, I don't think so. Even taking cab home after OT would need to carpool, let alone transport allowance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 37001)

Unregistered 26-02-2018 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 79969)
How about performance bonus range?

RR looks good from the outside but inside not so good. Long gone were the days where the increment is 7-8%. We are looking at 1-3%. This year lagi worse, average performer may not even get increment. They recently changed the bonus structure as well ( effectively reducing it for normal performing peeps by 40%) people inside love to play politics as well. Really disappointed in this company.

Unregistered 24-01-2020 10:56 AM

Rollsroyce finding a job

I got bachelor's degree in aeronautical engineering. I'm a foreigner . I'm looking for finding a job in rollsroyce or pratt and whitney. How can i make it? Do i need to take any studies here?