Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Career as Teacher

Old 14-09-2023, 09:28 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
So many admin lapses in 1 statement.

First, SOP requires number of pax to be confirmed, via signed parents' letter, before you can place an order. Items arriving before parent letter is received means purchase was made without tallying with actual number.

Next, as someone already pointed out, number of items purchased must tally with headcount. Every cent must be accounted for. Cannot simply round up the figure as you see fit.

High chance of getting C-.

C- is as good as D grade, minus the performance coaching.
C- means next 3 years no promotion, even if you get straight As in that 3 years.
C- has connect plan, PB and MI and considered 'not an adverse grade'

Old 14-09-2023, 12:00 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
C- has connect plan, PB and MI and considered 'not an adverse grade'
If it slows down promotion, then it has adverse effects. Whether it is formally categorised as 'adverse grade' or not.

Of course we know that this is just one of MOE's many efforts to slow down the rate of promotion of EOs. As if we weren't already one of the slowest in the whole public service. If any EO doubts this, apply for a lateral transfer to another public service agency and you'll see how far behind your same-exp/same-age peers you are.

Old 14-09-2023, 01:05 PM
Unregistered

Default hoho

agree with those users' comments.

ultimately, it is under school budget. Every single cent is accountable for regardless the unit price is 1$ or 10$.

however, this is not specific enough to know the purpose for procuring these items. are those foods or some equipment for an event etc. for example, school event and the participating students/teachers are given a glass to work on. A few spares are justifiable in case someone broke it in the middle of the event.

If this single incident can result in a bad performance rating means something serious is going on in the form of communication, execution etc.

Old 14-09-2023, 04:46 PM
Unregistered

Hi all. I intend to leave the service after getting my Connect plan at the end of this year. May I know which date I can safely put in my resignation? Without forfeiting my connect plan of course.
Old 14-09-2023, 06:43 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
If it slows down promotion, then it has adverse effects. Whether it is formally categorised as 'adverse grade' or not.

Of course we know that this is just one of MOE's many efforts to slow down the rate of promotion of EOs. As if we weren't already one of the slowest in the whole public service. If any EO doubts this, apply for a lateral transfer to another public service agency and you'll see how far behind your same-exp/same-age peers you are.
Did you try applying? Open posting or something?
Old 14-09-2023, 08:44 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Did you try applying? Open posting or something?
"Internal Job Search" in HRP/Workpal. Lets you search for openings across the civil and public service.

Open Posting is used if you still want to remain in the education service. i.e. if you apply to external organisations via Open Posting, it's a secondment.

Old 15-09-2023, 12:30 AM
Unregistered

Quote:

ultimately, it is under school budget. Every single cent is accountable for regardless the unit price is 1$ or 10$.

however, this is not specific enough to know the purpose for procuring these items. are those foods or some equipment for an event etc. for example, school event and the participating students/teachers are given a glass to work on. A few spares are justifiable in case someone broke it in the middle of the event.

If this single incident can result in a bad performance rating means something serious is going on in the form of communication, execution etc.
Yup, honestly anything is possible as long as you are able to justify the budget/purchase.

We don't have enough information to judge in this case since it sounds like he was operating on a very tight timeline (needing to order in advance before confirmation of numbers from parents letters causing a mismatch in qty). Why the tight timeline? Is it poor planning on his part? Also op stated there were 'many complaints from SMC' which means that this may not be an isolated incident.

Anyway most likely it will be a C-, because to give D the officer needs to have been counselled and given opportunity to improve. C- still not considered that adverse
Old 15-09-2023, 12:34 AM
Unregistered

Quote:

Yup, honestly anything is possible as long as you are able to justify the budget/purchase.

We don't have enough information to judge in this case since it sounds like he was operating on a very tight timeline (needing to order in advance before confirmation of numbers from parents letters causing a mismatch in qty). Why the tight timeline? Is it poor planning on his part? Also op stated there were 'many complaints from SMC' which means that this may not be an isolated incident.

Anyway most likely it will be a C-, because to give D the officer needs to have been counselled and given opportunity to improve. C- still not considered that adverse.
Old 16-09-2023, 10:22 AM
Unregistered

Hi! SLs spoke to me recently and told me they want to offer me SH(Internal) but he hasn’t like confirmed which area because they need to speak to others first. But I get the rough sensing that I’ll be working closely with my new HOD whom I hate working with. If I were to take up SH(Internal), must I stay in the school for another 2 years? Cos I’ve intention to leave after next year.

Some context, I’m GEO3, got promoted in 2021. So I thought I’m too “immature” to be promoted.
Old 16-09-2023, 12:41 PM
Unregistered

If you gonna leave soon, don’t bother with SH internal offer. Your new school will not honour this appointment as it’s internal only to your existing school

Quote:
Hi! SLs spoke to me recently and told me they want to offer me SH(Internal) but he hasn’t like confirmed which area because they need to speak to others first. But I get the rough sensing that I’ll be working closely with my new HOD whom I hate working with. If I were to take up SH(Internal), must I stay in the school for another 2 years? Cos I’ve intention to leave after next year.

Some context, I’m GEO3, got promoted in 2021. So I thought I’m too “immature” to be promoted.