Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)

Old 12-09-2023, 11:27 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
let me clarify a few things.
first, 6 YOE must be relevant experience. if not, you are just a fresh grad+
second, your 'friend' say easy to get A? meaning your fren isnt a DXO and have no idea what he is talking about, or he is lying to you. and lets say you really do get a A. its, nowhere near 4-6 months. Mindef is known for its low bonuses as compared to other ministries, as the gross salary is slightly higher. so they entice you with salary instead of total packages.
But other ministries are doing "real" and more work than DXO. DXO is really a redundant admin role in MINDEF

Old 13-09-2023, 04:32 AM
Unregistered

Smile

Quote:
But other ministries are doing "real" and more work than DXO. DXO is really a redundant admin role in MINDEF
again, I can cfm you have no idea how MINDEF works. you probably just interacted with some DXO aunties doing clerical work or some DXOs doing very administrative work (salary, leave etc.) and think they 'do nothing much'. Even so, every ministry will have such roles and are necessary. so, let's not be a frog in a well.

to expand your knowledge, please think how policies are created. how public funds are managed. how equipment and spare parts are brought. how military research is conducted. how technical expertise are obtained. how intel is collected. After this thought process, then think if all these can really be all done by military personnel in Singapore's context? or rather, do they need to be all done by military personnel? then think about the size and population of Singapore. then think about what other countries have as an equivalent. then look at the Ukraine War. Who will coordinate logistics, liaise with foreign countries, build diplomatic military relations, conduct big data analysis? if the war happens to us today, do you still think DXOs don't do real work? or is it just because we are currently in peacetime?

hopefully I have expanded your brain even slightly. perhaps you didn't think this thru. or you really didn't care to do your research. or you really take just take peace for granted. i really hope you aint a current DXO. if not its damn sad.

Old 14-09-2023, 03:42 PM
Unregistered

Wherever you want to, don't apply for Service delivery division.

the ADs are practically useless, while the DDs just love to camp in their office and not do anything. seriously only the execs, managers are the one doing the work.

clueless AD and DD to lead, always resulting in a big round and wild goose chase. The directors and group chief are just in their ivory tower and chilling around everyday. Ex-Chief Armour officer, a COL from Signals and past COMD CMPB, and parachute director from other ministry and statboard.

All the DX 11 and below are leaving and yet the group chief of the day still likes to go around and invite everyone to his house for cohesion.

never go, kenna condemn. go, kenna arrow. ccb.

this SDD is a new set up and part of reorganisation and conslidation. I managed to rise through the ranks from DX8 to DX11 so you can definitely hear it from me.

heng i already transferred out to navy.

Old 14-09-2023, 07:35 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

the ADs are practically useless, while the DDs just love to camp in their office and not do anything. seriously only the execs, managers are the one doing the work.

clueless AD and DD to lead, always resulting in a big round and wild goose chase. The directors and group chief are just in their ivory tower and chilling around everyday. Ex-Chief Armour officer, a COL from Signals and past COMD CMPB, and parachute director from other ministry and statboard.

All the DX 11 and below are leaving and yet the group chief of the day still likes to go around and invite everyone to his house for cohesion.

this SDD is a new set up and part of reorganisation and conslidation. I managed to rise through the ranks from DX8 to DX11 so you can definitely hear it from me.

dude that sounds damn cui!!! thanks for sharing lol
Old 14-09-2023, 08:16 PM
Unregistered

Question

idk why some ppl here have the misconception that employees here are very free/zuobo.. ok lah maybe there are some anecdotes here that suggest this but i can say that things are not as "relaxed" here as ppl make it out to be. WLB seems to be out of reach for some departments, and it's common to see a lot of ppl OT because work here can be urgent,
demanding and difficult.. so for ppl who are looking for a "free and easy" decent-paying job to coast and zuobo all the day, this is not the place for that. That said, all the best to those who are waiting for their application outcome!
Old 16-09-2023, 04:22 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

Do share more, is worth applying there?

Old 17-09-2023, 04:06 AM
Unregistered

Exclamation

Quote:
Do share more, is worth applying there?
not the poster above. from what I know, this 'division' was set-up mainly to service MINDEF ppl only. it quite new and probably a big project of someone high up. the intent was to alleviate employees in MINDEF from the petty small administrative stuffs like organizing events (cater food etc.), buying office supplies/pantry stuffs, managing some contracts like bus services, facilities management with contractors etc. so they set up a brand new 'admin' division to serve MINDEF ppl.

that said, it can be argued it is necessary, or it is not. I admit I'm not an insider so I don't know how necessary it is or how disruptive it was previously to handle all these as a secondary job role. my main gripe is that why is it set-up for MINDEF ppl only and not for other 4 services. another gripe I have is how easy is for MINDEF to come up with new positions and get more budget for hiring. but when the services wants more manpower, there is always 'budget' considerations, numerous red tapes. oh wells, I'm a small fry DXEA fry, just ranting.

so back to the point, from what I know, employees/units/branches in MINDEF will go to SDD to help do procurement and raise requests. in a way it's quite routine and you mainly work independently. basically you will be a helpdesk to service MINDEF ppl. so if you are someone who likes routine stuffs, you can try.
Old 18-09-2023, 10:51 PM
Unregistered

Hi everyone, early this yr i had resigned as a dxo's due to some culture issues and now im planning to apply it again as a dxo with in a different role and unit. do your think it worth trying?
Old 18-09-2023, 11:39 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
to expand your knowledge, please think how policies are created. how public funds are managed. how equipment and spare parts are brought. how military research is conducted. how technical expertise are obtained. how intel is collected. After this thought process, then think if all these can really be all done by military personnel in Singapore's context? or rather, do they need to be all done by military personnel? then think about the size and population of Singapore. then think about what other countries have as an equivalent. then look at the Ukraine War. Who will coordinate logistics, liaise with foreign countries, build diplomatic military relations, conduct big data analysis? if the war happens to us today, do you still think DXOs don't do real work? or is it just because we are currently in peacetime?

hopefully I have expanded your brain even slightly. perhaps you didn't think this thru. or you really didn't care to do your research. or you really take just take peace for granted. i really hope you aint a current DXO. if not its damn sad.
You want to justify your zuobo please go ahead. The fact of the matter is that the DXO ranks are filled with a lot of wastage that is redundant and unnecessary.

The functions you cited are important, but they can easily be achieved with half the manpower and if the organization works smart.

But no, MINDEF gets the biggest budget in Singapore and proceeds to blow it on meaningless projects, hiring excessive people to do simple jobs and believing that more paperwork actually makes Singapore safer.

I have thought it through and I never take peace for granted.

But be wary of those who harp on the importance of their roles, for they actually contribute the least.
Old 19-09-2023, 06:48 AM
Unregistered

Cool

Quote:
You want to justify your zuobo please go ahead. The fact of the matter is that the DXO ranks are filled with a lot of wastage that is redundant and unnecessary.

The functions you cited are important, but they can easily be achieved with half the manpower and if the organization works smart.

But no, MINDEF gets the biggest budget in Singapore and proceeds to blow it on meaningless projects, hiring excessive people to do simple jobs and believing that more paperwork actually makes Singapore safer.

I have thought it through and I never take peace for granted.

But be wary of those who harp on the importance of their roles, for they actually contribute the least.
apparently, your brain remained smooth.

no point justifying it to you for the DXOs, I'll let them speak for themselves. someone who doesn't give concrete evidence and cites 'meaningless projects' and 'excessive people' to do 'simple jobs' as the argument and dare say 'never take peace for granted'. laughable.

I'm glad you are not a DXO though. you can think whatever makes you happy and at ease. Cheers.