Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)
View Single Post
Old 17-09-2023, 04:06 AM
Unregistered

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Do share more, is worth applying there?
not the poster above. from what I know, this 'division' was set-up mainly to service MINDEF ppl only. it quite new and probably a big project of someone high up. the intent was to alleviate employees in MINDEF from the petty small administrative stuffs like organizing events (cater food etc.), buying office supplies/pantry stuffs, managing some contracts like bus services, facilities management with contractors etc. so they set up a brand new 'admin' division to serve MINDEF ppl.

that said, it can be argued it is necessary, or it is not. I admit I'm not an insider so I don't know how necessary it is or how disruptive it was previously to handle all these as a secondary job role. my main gripe is that why is it set-up for MINDEF ppl only and not for other 4 services. another gripe I have is how easy is for MINDEF to come up with new positions and get more budget for hiring. but when the services wants more manpower, there is always 'budget' considerations, numerous red tapes. oh wells, I'm a small fry DXEA fry, just ranting.

so back to the point, from what I know, employees/units/branches in MINDEF will go to SDD to help do procurement and raise requests. in a way it's quite routine and you mainly work independently. basically you will be a helpdesk to service MINDEF ppl. so if you are someone who likes routine stuffs, you can try.