Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)
View Single Post
Old 13-09-2023, 04:32 AM
Unregistered

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
But other ministries are doing "real" and more work than DXO. DXO is really a redundant admin role in MINDEF
again, I can cfm you have no idea how MINDEF works. you probably just interacted with some DXO aunties doing clerical work or some DXOs doing very administrative work (salary, leave etc.) and think they 'do nothing much'. Even so, every ministry will have such roles and are necessary. so, let's not be a frog in a well.

to expand your knowledge, please think how policies are created. how public funds are managed. how equipment and spare parts are brought. how military research is conducted. how technical expertise are obtained. how intel is collected. After this thought process, then think if all these can really be all done by military personnel in Singapore's context? or rather, do they need to be all done by military personnel? then think about the size and population of Singapore. then think about what other countries have as an equivalent. then look at the Ukraine War. Who will coordinate logistics, liaise with foreign countries, build diplomatic military relations, conduct big data analysis? if the war happens to us today, do you still think DXOs don't do real work? or is it just because we are currently in peacetime?

hopefully I have expanded your brain even slightly. perhaps you didn't think this thru. or you really didn't care to do your research. or you really take just take peace for granted. i really hope you aint a current DXO. if not its damn sad.