Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment - Page 1465 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #14641 (permalink)  
Old 25-02-2024, 06:58 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

honestly i dont blame the M and SMs, it's the partners and gov who doesn't give a ****. anyone remember lolrence wong's attempt to improve the accounting industry? by taking a selfie with ACRA people so it's less uncool? absolutely not acknowledging the issue just like what they did with engineering, biochem, and architecture since donkey years ago?

ffs even SMEs dont ask employee to pay for company trip and events. SG accountants are so fkin niao

Reply With Quote
  #14642 (permalink)  
Old 25-02-2024, 07:07 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

What do you mean?

Formal business trips are largely claimable. At least flight, hotels, and incidentals (although these are reasonably capped).

Department travel outings - if they exceed budget - mah require you to top up a few hundred dollars to go, but are usually optional, no?

Reply With Quote
  #14643 (permalink)  
Old 26-02-2024, 09:44 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What do you mean?

Formal business trips are largely claimable. At least flight, hotels, and incidentals (although these are reasonably capped).

Department travel outings - if they exceed budget - mah require you to top up a few hundred dollars to go, but are usually optional, no?
Dept outings 100% need to pay. A few hundred is enough to go on your own.

That said, I've seen some stocktakes at JB and Batam where it's not claimable lol, depends on client

With clients this stingy and firms supposingly this broke, I really don't encourage anyone joining

Reply With Quote
  #14644 (permalink)  
Old 26-02-2024, 02:04 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dept outings 100% need to pay. A few hundred is enough to go on your own.

That said, I've seen some stocktakes at JB and Batam where it's not claimable lol, depends on client

With clients this stingy and firms supposingly this broke, I really don't encourage anyone joining
If client is not willing to reimburse, then the firm should be the one to reimburse.
Reply With Quote
  #14645 (permalink)  
Old 26-02-2024, 03:48 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

My jhk senior always like to brag that he is a high rated performer and I ought to learn from him. But he is notorious for being a yes man and work 16 hours a day. I told him I know another sg senior who is also high rated performer who only works during the weekdays and ot latest until 9pm. He say that one will never be manager material. Is it true?
Reply With Quote
  #14646 (permalink)  
Old 26-02-2024, 03:53 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My jhk senior always like to brag that he is a high rated performer and I ought to learn from him. But he is notorious for being a yes man and work 16 hours a day. I told him I know another sg senior who is also high rated performer who only works during the weekdays and ot latest until 9pm. He say that one will never be manager material. Is it true?
wtf is manager material damn cringe. If you alr cannot manage your time at senior level, how can you manage at manager level.
Reply With Quote

  #14647 (permalink)  
Old 26-02-2024, 05:51 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Man, so many of my batch was already gone after bonus last year, now it's like 90% gone. Is the job market just this bad this year? Because last time when I hear seniors leaving they usually have a job in hand.
Reply With Quote
  #14648 (permalink)  
Old 26-02-2024, 07:10 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Man, so many of my batch was already gone after bonus last year, now it's like 90% gone. Is the job market just this bad this year? Because last time when I hear seniors leaving they usually have a job in hand.
Not true. U can always park urself at mid tier first. Audit always hiring lol. B4 to mid tier u can look at am/m
Reply With Quote
  #14649 (permalink)  
Old 26-02-2024, 07:12 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
wtf is manager material damn cringe. If you alr cannot manage your time at senior level, how can you manage at manager level.
U will be durprised with what audit mgr know or dont know. Mgr will have those dunno anything and just throw everything to snr yet they still there. Lol.
Reply With Quote
  #14650 (permalink)  
Old 26-02-2024, 09:05 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My jhk senior always like to brag that he is a high rated performer and I ought to learn from him. But he is notorious for being a yes man and work 16 hours a day. I told him I know another sg senior who is also high rated performer who only works during the weekdays and ot latest until 9pm. He say that one will never be manager material. Is it true?
Your jhk senior is right. Sg senior will never become audit mgr cos he will leave for better paying job

16h yes man will continue being milked by the partner after the shiny manager promotion
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Salary Increment to be 5.2% Salary.sg Income and Jobs 1 25-09-2021 07:24 PM
Yearly increment Button Income and Jobs 29 06-01-2018 09:43 PM
Annual Increment for Civil Service 2011 bswuming87 Income and Jobs 4 10-04-2011 09:19 PM
Annual Increment 1nch3r Income and Jobs 0 12-11-2010 12:36 AM
Can your Increment beat Inflation? Salary.sg Investments and Net Worth 9 24-04-2008 03:37 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,426 Replies, 4,850,325 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,845 Replies, 2,311,614 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
21,165 Replies, 10,479,176 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,126 Replies, 5,115,050 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,686 Replies, 2,395,649 Views
LTA (Land Transport Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
752 Replies, 416,790 Views
Working in SMRT ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
41 Replies, 58,903 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,213 Replies, 6,853,769 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,354 Replies, 3,468,206 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,828 Replies, 1,449,983 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,352 Replies, 1,168,463 Views
ITE Polytechnic Scheme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
331 Replies, 380,934 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,047 Replies, 1,089,975 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,812 Replies, 1,581,155 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,164 Replies, 3,809,916 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,508 Replies, 1,404,593 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,903 Replies, 4,733,945 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,285 Replies, 640,411 Views
Work culture in CPF board ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
35 Replies, 78,220 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
723 Replies, 555,543 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
419 Replies, 502,854 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,441 Replies, 12,608,734 Views
Julius Baer Graduate Program 2023 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
31 Replies, 17,045 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,768 Replies, 1,519,958 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,489 Replies, 807,268 Views
Maritime and Port Authority of... ( 1 2 3)
20 Replies, 20,284 Views
HTX (Home Team Science and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
825 Replies, 390,801 Views
NUS (National University of... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
323 Replies, 328,528 Views
DBS ACE Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
163 Replies, 83,338 Views
Shopee fresh grad pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,057 Replies, 452,787 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 09:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2