Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment - Page 1354 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #13531 (permalink)  
Old 06-01-2024, 05:20 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Basically you won't go hungry in audit. Even at Associate 1 salary, you'll have enough to afford 3 meals, even pay rent and utilities, handphone bills, buy some clothes, while saving up CPF. It's a honest living office job.

If your family is in 200k debt, this probably won't save you immediately though.
Yeah, it's enough to sustain you and if you're willing to grind long enough, you can afford a resale even. The health impact is nothing to some because there are people who can sleep 4 hours a day, guzzle alcohol, smoke like a chimney and have no issues at all.

If you want to clear a 200k debt in 2 years, get ready to sell your backside or soul and morals to IB or scamming. Or get lucky with a startup who gave you stocks. Students need to get this clear that this is no quant job.

Reply With Quote
  #13532 (permalink)  
Old 06-01-2024, 05:21 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Both also correct.
which firm?

Reply With Quote
  #13533 (permalink)  
Old 06-01-2024, 05:29 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yeah, it's enough to sustain you and if you're willing to grind long enough, you can afford a resale even. The health impact is nothing to some because there are people who can sleep 4 hours a day, guzzle alcohol, smoke like a chimney and have no issues at all.

If you want to clear a 200k debt in 2 years, get ready to sell your backside or soul and morals to IB or scamming. Or get lucky with a startup who gave you stocks. Students need to get this clear that this is no quant job.
Good luck trying, everyone local uni student thinks they are Jane Street material lol

Reply With Quote
  #13534 (permalink)  
Old 06-01-2024, 05:51 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yeah, it's enough to sustain you and if you're willing to grind long enough, you can afford a resale even. The health impact is nothing to some because there are people who can sleep 4 hours a day, guzzle alcohol, smoke like a chimney and have no issues at all.

If you want to clear a 200k debt in 2 years, get ready to sell your backside or soul and morals to IB or scamming. Or get lucky with a startup who gave you stocks. Students need to get this clear that this is no quant job.
Lol. So many assumptions and off-base notions in your comment.

a) Working in IB doesn't mean selling your morals or soul. Strawman argument.
b) Why even bring up scamming? Irrelevant non sequitur and another strawman
b) What is this false dichotomy between earning enough to "clear 200k debt in 2 years" vs "working in audit"? There are many other corporate jobs where one can earn rather comfortably (for Singapore standards), without the insane hours of audit. Nobody says that one must earn enough to clear a 200k debt in 2 years. We're just talking about earning a decent wage.

The fact is that audit is one of the sh*ttier white collar jobs that a fresh grad can choose nowadays. Is it as bad as working in a Bangladesh garment factory? No. But in Singapore's context, it's a pretty darn bad deal for fresh grads

Don't need to gaslight or sugar coat with irrelevant points. Audit is low paying and not worth the lack of WLB. Simple as that. Better that grads are fully aware of that.
Reply With Quote
  #13536 (permalink)  
Old 06-01-2024, 06:37 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
lol review on sunday

another no life jhk spotted working out of a rental flat
Local M here. Just enjoy to trigger ur input on jhk. Thanks.
Reply With Quote

  #13537 (permalink)  
Old 06-01-2024, 08:01 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Can introduce me of these better options you speak of?

Do you guarantee I can get in with the same ease?
Reply With Quote
  #13538 (permalink)  
Old 06-01-2024, 08:25 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can introduce me of these better options you speak of?

Do you guarantee I can get in with the same ease?
Generic MA programme, risk and compliance, mid office banking roles, insurance brokerages

So many options. How come generic BBM or BBA grads can find these jobs, but BAcc grads cannot?

Not even talking about Ivy League or Oxbridge degree holders. I'm talking about your run-of-the-mill typical biz admin grad from NUS, NTU and SMU

Even FASS people who didn't study biz like those BA or B Soc Sci, and B Soc Sci (Econs) grads, are also competitive for these roles leh.

How come BAcc grads cannot?

"Do you guarantee I can get in with the same ease?" --> LOL. This attitude is precisely why you're forever stuck in audit. Because you accountants never had to experience the competition and hustle for jobs/internships like other majors, because Big4 will take in anybody with a pulse and guarantee them full time jobs after graduation.

It's as though every undergrad study accounting suddenly all become spinless at the end of 3-4 years and don't dare hustle for jobs like other majors.
Reply With Quote
  #13539 (permalink)  
Old 06-01-2024, 09:54 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

big 4 is a joke lah.

Everything is urgent, everything must complete asap, OT is the norm and must OT on most of the weekends. You are just a slave living to work. Your work hours are like 7-eleven. joke man
Reply With Quote
  #13540 (permalink)  
Old 06-01-2024, 10:00 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Generic MA programme, risk and compliance, mid office banking roles, insurance brokerages

So many options. How come generic BBM or BBA grads can find these jobs, but BAcc grads cannot?

Not even talking about Ivy League or Oxbridge degree holders. I'm talking about your run-of-the-mill typical biz admin grad from NUS, NTU and SMU

Even FASS people who didn't study biz like those BA or B Soc Sci, and B Soc Sci (Econs) grads, are also competitive for these roles leh.

How come BAcc grads cannot?

"Do you guarantee I can get in with the same ease?" --> LOL. This attitude is precisely why you're forever stuck in audit. Because you accountants never had to experience the competition and hustle for jobs/internships like other majors, because Big4 will take in anybody with a pulse and guarantee them full time jobs after graduation.

It's as though every undergrad study accounting suddenly all become spinless at the end of 3-4 years and don't dare hustle for jobs like other majors.
If you are smart it is easy. Unfortunately these commenters are dumb so they find it difficult.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Salary Increment to be 5.2% Salary.sg Income and Jobs 1 25-09-2021 07:24 PM
Yearly increment Button Income and Jobs 29 06-01-2018 09:43 PM
Annual Increment for Civil Service 2011 bswuming87 Income and Jobs 4 10-04-2011 09:19 PM
Annual Increment 1nch3r Income and Jobs 0 12-11-2010 12:36 AM
Can your Increment beat Inflation? Salary.sg Investments and Net Worth 9 24-04-2008 03:37 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
17,170 Replies, 5,295,716 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,893 Replies, 1,501,135 Views
CIMB Apprentice 2024 ( 1 2)
13 Replies, 441 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,234 Replies, 3,893,405 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,841 Replies, 2,477,598 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,443 Replies, 7,007,812 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
21,274 Replies, 10,653,655 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,874 Replies, 1,550,543 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,492 Replies, 2,487,755 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,992 Replies, 4,820,536 Views
INL Agency? Brand Communication...
1 Replies, 102 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,938 Replies, 2,960,562 Views
Civil Service Current Estimated... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
191 Replies, 324,009 Views
HTX (Home Team Science and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
895 Replies, 424,687 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,319 Replies, 672,756 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,603 Replies, 1,441,035 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,190 Replies, 1,128,943 Views
Enterprise Singapore hiriing... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
184 Replies, 236,066 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,174 Replies, 666,153 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
776 Replies, 452,708 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,373 Replies, 1,196,028 Views
Insights on Post-interview Process
8 Replies, 4,264 Views
Civil Servant Bonus Mid-2023 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
168 Replies, 164,894 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,867 Replies, 1,621,269 Views
ITE Polytechnic Scheme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
342 Replies, 391,773 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,480 Replies, 3,549,594 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,478 Replies, 12,762,548 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
429 Replies, 516,168 Views
Changi Airport Group ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
473 Replies, 641,617 Views
CAD (Commercial Affairs Department) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
231 Replies, 262,325 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 02:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2