Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment - Page 1254 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #12531 (permalink)  
Old 11-12-2023, 01:41 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Now dont even have high pay anymore. Exit also low pay only. Can't believe psychology and mass comm are harder to enter than accountancy... thanks larry wong
This is fundamentally a problem with the profession you've chosen. Audit and to some extent tax, are commoditized services. They are necessary only because of regulations. Companies don't engage these services except for the fact that they are mandatory. Fees can only go up by so much because clients see it as a necessary evil. And once the Big4 started the fee undercutting and race to the bottom, there's no going back. Its set an irreversible client expectation.

For Singapore, even worse because a large number of cheap accounting trained jhks can be easily imported to fill positions. Plus offshoring of many services to India, Philippines.

Frankly, there's zero chance that accounting will ever regain it's former prestige. It has been overshadowed by other new economic sectors. You shouldve picked a bespoke professional services field like consulting instead.

Reply With Quote
  #12532 (permalink)  
Old 11-12-2023, 08:18 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Frankly, there's zero chance that accounting will ever regain it's former prestige. It has been overshadowed by other new economic sectors. You shouldve picked a bespoke professional services field like consulting instead.
You say this now got what use? Where were you in 2008 when I taking my national exam?

Reply With Quote
  #12533 (permalink)  
Old 11-12-2023, 08:31 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You say this now got what use? Where were you in 2008 when I taking my national exam?
LOL yeah same, I wouldn’t have known when I was entering Uni in 2012.

That time, my friend only scored BBC or BCC for A’s and could only make it to Computing.

Now Computing is AAA/A and he’s earning big bucks.

Reply With Quote
  #12534 (permalink)  
Old 11-12-2023, 11:01 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

What’s a supervising associate in EY?
Associate - senior associate - Supervising associate - AM?

What’s the estimated pay range? Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #12535 (permalink)  
Old 11-12-2023, 11:24 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Why the hell do we need to call someone again just to verify that we received the confirmation from them? If we receive a goddamn audit confirmation directly from their email, signed their name, their company stamp, isn't that good enough? Waste so much time zzz... Whose stupid idea is it to have all these useless procedures? **** audit
Reply With Quote
  #12536 (permalink)  
Old 11-12-2023, 11:47 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
This is fundamentally a problem with the profession you've chosen. Audit and to some extent tax, are commoditized services. They are necessary only because of regulations. Companies don't engage these services except for the fact that they are mandatory. Fees can only go up by so much because clients see it as a necessary evil. And once the Big4 started the fee undercutting and race to the bottom, there's no going back. Its set an irreversible client expectation.

For Singapore, even worse because a large number of cheap accounting trained jhks can be easily imported to fill positions. Plus offshoring of many services to India, Philippines.

Frankly, there's zero chance that accounting will ever regain it's former prestige. It has been overshadowed by other new economic sectors. You shouldve picked a bespoke professional services field like consulting instead.
It's a recent thing after 2021... Thanks to all the new audit requirements every year which adds 10000 extra steps to an audit and doesn't contribute a lick. Last time audit jialat also not even half this jialat. I never had to phone someone to verify every audit confirmation lol, wtf is that crap??? No wonder audit hours are so long these days, create work but all are not billable work.

Anyway the boom in CS pay is a COVID low interest rate thing, and accounting pay hasn't recovered from the SGUnitedTrainee crap. Consulting need to be born rich because that's what our partners look for when filtering resume (must be non-HDB home address at "good" neighbourhood. Our team is completely from bukit timah etc except for the foreigners for once lmao). Exception is tech consulting which is bottom of the barrel stuff for CS grads and has completely dried-up revenue pipeline now and is the reason your bonuses this year is <1 month. Things change really fast these days and by the time you complete your 4 year degree, it'd be rendered obsolete. Most of us completed our degree at a time when computing and consulting is outsourced to other cheaper countries anyway.
Reply With Quote

  #12537 (permalink)  
Old 11-12-2023, 11:56 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Anyone knows if we're actually hiring? My managers all resigned but it's already December and I still don't see any new ones joining, it's just remaining ones taking up more portfolio. Same for seniors, they just shortened booking periods to cope.
no hiring of seniors and managers, confirmed in townhall already. why do you think your managers resigned without a job in hand? from the way they responded to the downsizing by PIP question, get ready to be faced with questionable review points and PIP out of the blue. oh and prepare to coddle the joke quality first years because "we need to improve the image of big 4 audit career amongst students" and "they are technically intern even though they work full time and will join us as 2nd year after they graduate, but still cannot let them OT during peak".
Reply With Quote
  #12538 (permalink)  
Old 11-12-2023, 12:11 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
no hiring of seniors and managers, confirmed in townhall already. why do you think your managers resigned without a job in hand? from the way they responded to the downsizing by PIP question, get ready to be faced with questionable review points and PIP out of the blue. oh and prepare to coddle the joke quality first years because "we need to improve the image of big 4 audit career amongst students" and "they are technically intern even though they work full time and will join us as 2nd year after they graduate, but still cannot let them OT during peak".
Yeah, our firm hired interns as "A1" too. But damn shiok, pay them only 1k compared to 3.6k staff plus no insurance. Goes to show how penny pinching the partners are these days.


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #12539 (permalink)  
Old 11-12-2023, 03:06 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Big 4 partners waiting for each other to make the first move to hire. See who succumb first loh.
2024 profit for partners gonna sky rocket!

Maybe they will hire in 2025 instead
Reply With Quote
  #12540 (permalink)  
Old 11-12-2023, 04:03 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yeah, our firm hired interns as "A1" too. But damn shiok, pay them only 1k compared to 3.6k staff plus no insurance. Goes to show how penny pinching the partners are these days.
So now former interns will start as A2? Thought only black doing this


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Salary Increment to be 5.2% Salary.sg Income and Jobs 1 25-09-2021 07:24 PM
Yearly increment Button Income and Jobs 29 06-01-2018 09:43 PM
Annual Increment for Civil Service 2011 bswuming87 Income and Jobs 4 10-04-2011 09:19 PM
Annual Increment 1nch3r Income and Jobs 0 12-11-2010 12:36 AM
Can your Increment beat Inflation? Salary.sg Investments and Net Worth 9 24-04-2008 03:37 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
ITE (lecturer) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
275 Replies, 376,770 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,955 Replies, 2,080,430 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,983 Replies, 4,492,863 Views
HTX (Home Team Science and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
615 Replies, 313,432 Views
Anyone work in JPM/GS/Morgan... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
413 Replies, 154,321 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,052 Replies, 2,229,622 Views
Jobs with travel opportunities
5 Replies, 3,366 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,736 Replies, 1,464,177 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,601 Replies, 4,826,032 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,638 Replies, 1,485,526 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,770 Replies, 4,559,610 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,160 Replies, 3,304,737 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
20,862 Replies, 10,148,257 Views
Salary ranges in Big Tech in...
0 Replies, 176 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,718 Replies, 1,333,352 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,234 Replies, 12,255,311 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,262 Replies, 732,611 Views
Micron starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
701 Replies, 383,470 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,733 Replies, 1,003,138 Views
Visa Graduate Development Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
203 Replies, 125,573 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,204 Replies, 6,351,671 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
746 Replies, 382,044 Views
Shopee fresh grad pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,020 Replies, 421,244 Views
DBS ACE Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
105 Replies, 71,804 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,238 Replies, 584,150 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,491 Replies, 1,901,187 Views
Deutsche Corporate Bank Graduate... ( 1 2)
13 Replies, 8,803 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,151 Replies, 628,201 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,913 Replies, 2,871,328 Views
GIC (Government of Singapore... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
417 Replies, 708,561 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 09:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2