Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment - Page 1020 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #10191 (permalink)  
Old 24-04-2023, 10:02 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i heard is bad. And the unlimited leave sounds good. Average leave taken in the department is 20 days per year. But i did asked for the average leave for junior staff, the HR was unable to provide. Do note that senior management may take more leave than junior staff.

The leave is also subject to approval. So i think it is harder to get 2 weeks straight leave as they will say it is busy etc. I rather go for fixed annual leave so i can take 2 weeks straight.
how about you just urgent leave all the time

Reply With Quote
  #10192 (permalink)  
Old 24-04-2023, 10:03 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i heard is bad. And the unlimited leave sounds good. Average leave taken in the department is 20 days per year. But i did asked for the average leave for junior staff, the HR was unable to provide. Do note that senior management may take more leave than junior staff.

The leave is also subject to approval. So i think it is harder to get 2 weeks straight leave as they will say it is busy etc. I rather go for fixed annual leave so i can take 2 weeks straight.
are you at/from deloitte?

Reply With Quote
  #10193 (permalink)  
Old 25-04-2023, 01:27 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
are you at/from deloitte?
lets just say i got the offer and i asked the HR after the receiving the contract...
my another friend is in risk advisory deloitte, he saw my booking even before i accept the offer. it was bad he told me. Fully booked.

Reply With Quote
  #10194 (permalink)  
Old 25-04-2023, 09:32 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
lets just say i got the offer and i asked the HR after the receiving the contract...
my another friend is in risk advisory deloitte, he saw my booking even before i accept the offer. it was bad he told me. Fully booked.
So you rather sit around and do nothing than to be booked on jobs?


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #10195 (permalink)  
Old 25-04-2023, 12:07 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi im from NTU with FCH, no cca tho.
I got EY risk consulting offer 4k.
Hows the culture there?
should i look for better opportunities? but the market is quite bad now
Just wonder which type of risk consulting (Business or Technology)? Mind to share your application timeline? Would suggest you take it atm unless you are holding or have found better opportunity...As u aware of how bad the market currently, think more & more companies will tighten their HC & budget...
Reply With Quote
  #10196 (permalink)  
Old 25-04-2023, 12:49 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default wtf?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
So you rather sit around and do nothing than to be booked on jobs?
what i meant was it was badly booked. there were double to triple bookings. This means the flexi leave is useless. How to even go on leave?
Tbh, flexi leave sounds cool but there is so many grey area.
only stupid people will go for such flexi leave.

because this will also create toxic environment. if the associate wanna get promoted/work harder, means no leave taken? they say avg leave took was 20 days but dw to share the data for only the associate level.

Trying to hide i think. Too bad. I mean they also pay low, want those with experience and work like dog. sorry im not for it. im worth more
Reply With Quote

  #10197 (permalink)  
Old 25-04-2023, 12:54 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default biz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Just wonder which type of risk consulting (Business or Technology)? Mind to share your application timeline? Would suggest you take it atm unless you are holding or have found better opportunity...As u aware of how bad the market currently, think more & more companies will tighten their HC & budget...
yea it is biz risk consulting. i know the market is so bad. But i heard from my peers they all get very good offers, especially those FCH that i know....

Either they go for MAP programs paying 4.5k to 5.5k, or they go deals advisory 4.5k ish..
i accepted the offer btw.
i was thinking to apply to Sea limited MAP - probly when they open application again.
or maybe try Protiviti? idk if thats good
or idk man im sad


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #10198 (permalink)  
Old 25-04-2023, 02:08 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
yea it is biz risk consulting. i know the market is so bad. But i heard from my peers they all get very good offers, especially those FCH that i know....

Either they go for MAP programs paying 4.5k to 5.5k, or they go deals advisory 4.5k ish..
i accepted the offer btw.
i was thinking to apply to Sea limited MAP - probly when they open application again.
or maybe try Protiviti? idk if thats good
or idk man im sad
I can totally relate to that feeling of inequality when you realize that you're being paid less than your peers, even though you all achieved FCH and put in the same amount of hard work during university. Maybe they simply put in double the effort and research to secure those offers with tougher interviews (e.g., MAP/deals), or they have clearer career goals, or even they have more certs..

Of coz, u could always explore other options and keep an eye out for new openings. As the saying goes in Chinese, "ride a donkey to look for a horse." But personally, I wouldn't recommend it just yet. Instead, focus on ur current job and don't overthink it atm, as it will make u more exhausted & could affect ur performance. Once u become more familiar with ur role, u can start preparing for ur next job hunt if a suitable opportunity arises. It doesn't really matter where u come from as long as u believe u are on the right pathway. And who knows, maybe you'll end up being the top performer in your team despite the initial pay difference.
Reply With Quote
  #10199 (permalink)  
Old 25-04-2023, 02:49 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
what i meant was it was badly booked. there were double to triple bookings. This means the flexi leave is useless. How to even go on leave?
Tbh, flexi leave sounds cool but there is so many grey area.
only stupid people will go for such flexi leave.

because this will also create toxic environment. if the associate wanna get promoted/work harder, means no leave taken? they say avg leave took was 20 days but dw to share the data for only the associate level.

Trying to hide i think. Too bad. I mean they also pay low, want those with experience and work like dog. sorry im not for it. im worth more
are you sure all the bookings are for you? Usually for people who have no joined the firm, the bookings are all subsumed under a single placeholder. the booking your friend saw might be for multiple new joiners


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #10200 (permalink)  
Old 25-04-2023, 02:51 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
what i meant was it was badly booked. there were double to triple bookings. This means the flexi leave is useless. How to even go on leave?
Tbh, flexi leave sounds cool but there is so many grey area.
only stupid people will go for such flexi leave.

because this will also create toxic environment. if the associate wanna get promoted/work harder, means no leave taken? they say avg leave took was 20 days but dw to share the data for only the associate level.

Trying to hide i think. Too bad. I mean they also pay low, want those with experience and work like dog. sorry im not for it. im worth more
Hey, I was also offered RA in Deloitte but decided not to take it up because of the working hours, pay and flexi-leave policy. Was surprised that the pay for RA is actually same as external audit.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Salary Increment to be 5.2% Salary.sg Income and Jobs 1 25-09-2021 07:24 PM
Yearly increment Button Income and Jobs 29 06-01-2018 09:43 PM
Annual Increment for Civil Service 2011 bswuming87 Income and Jobs 4 10-04-2011 09:19 PM
Annual Increment 1nch3r Income and Jobs 0 12-11-2010 12:36 AM
Can your Increment beat Inflation? Salary.sg Investments and Net Worth 9 24-04-2008 03:37 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,851 Replies, 2,480,605 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
17,268 Replies, 5,304,401 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,493 Replies, 1,946,276 Views
Civil Servant Bonus Mid-2023 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
169 Replies, 165,312 Views
HTX (Home Team Science and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
898 Replies, 425,541 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,459 Replies, 7,013,715 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,480 Replies, 12,767,634 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,322 Replies, 673,865 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
21,280 Replies, 10,661,160 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,605 Replies, 1,442,307 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,487 Replies, 3,552,414 Views
ITE Polytechnic Scheme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
343 Replies, 392,096 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,240 Replies, 3,895,666 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,194 Replies, 1,130,503 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
734 Replies, 572,349 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,885 Replies, 1,551,657 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,902 Replies, 1,503,000 Views
CIMB Apprentice 2024 ( 1 2)
17 Replies, 566 Views
SEA (Garena) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
69 Replies, 97,045 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,497 Replies, 2,491,045 Views
LTA (Land Transport Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
835 Replies, 445,167 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
777 Replies, 453,822 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
430 Replies, 516,812 Views
If you can't find a company here... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
145 Replies, 55,575 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,860 Replies, 1,261,068 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,868 Replies, 1,622,354 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,992 Replies, 4,823,121 Views
INL Agency? Brand Communication...
1 Replies, 141 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,938 Replies, 2,962,003 Views
Civil Service Current Estimated... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
191 Replies, 324,524 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 11:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2