Constituency Manager (People Association) - Page 3 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Constituency Manager (People Association)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 27-09-2011, 11:32 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5
lanny is on a distinguished road
Default

not really, they will still based on your work experience and your last drawn pay. titles are not important.

Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)  
Old 27-09-2011, 11:41 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanny View Post
not really, they will still based on your work experience and your last drawn pay. titles are not important.
I was hoping with a nice title on name card, can go out network and meet senior level people will be much easier and lead to more good opp.

Also my thinking is that if eg. my title is Director, then when I exaggerate my current job scope and leadership abilities will be more convincing.

Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old 27-09-2011, 12:57 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
no need director or DD. too high for me liao.
you are being modest. 12 years in a public sector equips you well for the title.

in case you might not be aware, the titles at PA had been upgraded a notch since last year.

Previously, a fresh grad entered PA as assistant constituency manager (ACM) but has been changed to CM directly. Let me phase it this way:

ACM or DCM can be known as CM
CM previously is now DCD (deputy constituency director)
SCM previously is currently known as Constituency Director

For your 12 years experience, you may be able to fetch a basic pay of $4500 to $6000 (excluding allowances). I believe you should be in your middle to late thirties.

Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 27-09-2011, 01:00 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Manager at $2K+ & Deputy Director at $3k+ @[email protected]

Wah didn't know PA is so generous with their titles one har? I'm drawing $3100 now at SMRT and they only call me Senior Executive :"(

Based on experience, any bros and sis can advice if I join companies like PA that give good titles like Directors, VP etc. will it help in my career progression?

Thanks
are you sure you want to draw lower salary and yet commanding higher profile or title?

wouldn't it be amusing if you are a director but your counterparts are senior executives?

you may feel honored when you are discussing policies with directors or deputy directors. but if you look at it from another view, these 'directors' are actually doing the job of executives.

so much for directors.
Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old 27-09-2011, 01:14 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
you are being modest. 12 years in a public sector equips you well for the title.

in case you might not be aware, the titles at PA had been upgraded a notch since last year.

Previously, a fresh grad entered PA as assistant constituency manager (ACM) but has been changed to CM directly. Let me phase it this way:

ACM or DCM can be known as CM
CM previously is now DCD (deputy constituency director)
SCM previously is currently known as Constituency Director

For your 12 years experience, you may be able to fetch a basic pay of $4500 to $6000 (excluding allowances). I believe you should be in your middle to late thirties.
Let just hope so. If they dun call u for interview also no use.
Reply With Quote
  #26 (permalink)  
Old 28-09-2011, 12:06 PM
madgoat
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I was hoping with a nice title on name card, can go out network and meet senior level people will be much easier and lead to more good opp.

Also my thinking is that if eg. my title is Director, then when I exaggerate my current job scope and leadership abilities will be more convincing.
Nah, it wouldn't work. Competent HR practioners already have a payscale for each title, they will benchmark you to the correct title based on your last drawn pay no matter what you call yourself currently.
Reply With Quote

  #27 (permalink)  
Old 14-10-2011, 01:40 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I know that PA keep posting for this position. Does that mean that the turnover rate is very high ??


SG BusLeh mobile app
SG BusLeh - the best bus app - available on iPhone and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)  
Old 14-10-2011, 12:30 PM
Super Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 274
miwashi is on a distinguished road
Default

it could also mean that they're not recruiting at all despite having interviews
Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)  
Old 14-10-2011, 01:27 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I know that PA keep posting for this position. Does that mean that the turnover rate is very high ??
ya, the turnover rate should be very high due to the number of complaints against PA staff and work pressure from MPs/Ministers.

I also understand that under PA act, the staff is obliged by law not to be rude to customers....how to work like that. Sure gana bullied by the members of public one.
Reply With Quote
  #30 (permalink)  
Old 16-10-2011, 02:01 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
ya, the turnover rate should be very high due to the number of complaints against PA staff and work pressure from MPs/Ministers.

I also understand that under PA act, the staff is obliged by law not to be rude to customers....how to work like that. Sure gana bullied by the members of public one.
with so many pple resign .... have to think twice on this job .. but is there any1 who is can sgare on this job scope ..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project Manager felzus Income and Jobs 14 06-01-2017 06:17 PM
Need advice from people from the Advertising Industry! Mainly copywriters.. rodrodrod Income and Jobs 61 30-08-2016 03:28 PM
Corp Comms and PR people pls come in jaydon84 Income and Jobs 69 11-07-2016 10:58 PM
Do employment agencies hire people full time to be outsourced to another company? Hector Income and Jobs 2 20-01-2011 05:02 PM
How many people made 6-figure salaries last year? Salary.sg Income and Jobs 6 23-09-2008 05:41 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
961 Replies, 759,197 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,908 Replies, 724,562 Views
DBS Management Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
214 Replies, 66,764 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,319 Replies, 978,573 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,073 Replies, 1,398,329 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,079 Replies, 1,353,423 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,249 Replies, 1,070,919 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,449 Replies, 4,313,274 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
499 Replies, 245,335 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
782 Replies, 556,762 Views
UBS Graduate Talent Program ( 1 2 3)
21 Replies, 12,336 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
511 Replies, 602,338 Views
Associate in DBS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
145 Replies, 189,941 Views
Salaries of Professors in SG ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
127 Replies, 193,577 Views
Constituency Manager (People... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
679 Replies, 330,586 Views
Top paying companies in SG for... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
70 Replies, 56,653 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
190 Replies, 107,106 Views
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
915 Replies, 366,628 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,400 Replies, 354,228 Views
Really that bad for engineers? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,213 Replies, 798,220 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,255 Replies, 431,315 Views
Exxonmobil ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 11,655 Views
GIC career ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
185 Replies, 242,701 Views
Commercial Affairs Officer ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
79 Replies, 46,249 Views
Foreigner in Banking Industry
4 Replies, 452 Views
Govtech bonus ( 1 2 3)
22 Replies, 2,666 Views
Enterprise Singapore hiriing... ( 1 2)
15 Replies, 3,648 Views
Asset Management Salary and... ( 1 2 3)
20 Replies, 6,596 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,170 Replies, 571,249 Views
anyone working at NCS ? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
269 Replies, 202,550 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 05:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2