Comp Science Frsh Grad Salary - Page 63 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Comp Science Frsh Grad Salary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #621 (permalink)  
Old 19-09-2021, 10:24 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
That's a lot? Some fresh grad already getting 16k per month
Great, these people instantly not eligible to BTO, no need fight with ordinary citizens like me.

Reply With Quote
  #622 (permalink)  
Old 19-09-2021, 12:15 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Donít underestimate startups

Carousell which was founded in 2012 just became a unicorn.

Those options could be worth a fortune a decade from now.
carousell?

bro you serious ??

that company is worth as much as the investor says it is bro... u know anyone working at carousell tech? i dont know anyone. i check linkedin also quite hard to find.

nothing on uni internship pages also, in 3+ years, NTU / NUS / SMU all didn't mention carousell internship before.

wow unicorn company that people hardly know about other than it's a website full of scammers and bugs, always crash, always messaging error etc.

Reply With Quote
  #623 (permalink)  
Old 19-09-2021, 12:43 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
carousell?

bro you serious ??

that company is worth as much as the investor says it is bro... u know anyone working at carousell tech? i dont know anyone. i check linkedin also quite hard to find.

nothing on uni internship pages also, in 3+ years, NTU / NUS / SMU all didn't mention carousell internship before.

wow unicorn company that people hardly know about other than it's a website full of scammers and bugs, always crash, always messaging error etc.
What are you talking about? We are already in 2021 not 2012?

I didnít mention anything about internship or working there?

My point is donít underestimate the potential of startups, replying to the guy who said donít join startups. You donít know how a small company now will end up a decade later.

Reply With Quote
  #624 (permalink)  
Old 19-09-2021, 05:31 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What are you talking about? We are already in 2021 not 2012?

I didnít mention anything about internship or working there?

My point is donít underestimate the potential of startups, replying to the guy who said donít join startups. You donít know how a small company now will end up a decade later.
I think that guy is trying to tell you that Carousell is a horrible company... to which I agree, it's a horrible start-up and despite it's evaluation this year, it's still a horrible company.

At my NUS dorm we have a running joke about carousell, it's basically a intern you take if you want to slack, learn nothing, get paid $500 / month and clear internship mods haha.
Reply With Quote
  #625 (permalink)  
Old 19-09-2021, 08:02 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
U live in a cave? Who goes for FAANG nowadays? Lol
If you're not at FAANG, then where do you go? Obviously, the top CS grads either go to Google/Facebook Singapore or HQ. Starting pay at HQ is ≈USD$200,000 (equivalent to SGD$270k as a fresh grad), just saying. Of course that's the US, and you also have to factor in the high cost of living. Check levels.fyi if you don't believe.

My point is that obviously, the very best CS graduates will either work at FAANG or launch their own startups. Microsoft & Bytesdance too, sometimes.
Reply With Quote
  #626 (permalink)  
Old 19-09-2021, 08:03 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If you're not at FAANG, then where do you go? Obviously, the top CS grads either go to Google/Facebook Singapore or HQ. Starting pay at HQ is ≈USD$200,000 (equivalent to SGD$270k as a fresh grad), just saying. Of course that's the US, and you also have to factor in the high cost of living. Check levels.fyi if you don't believe.

My point is that obviously, the very best CS graduates will either work at FAANG or launch their own startups. Microsoft & Bytesdance too, sometimes.
*ByteDance typo
Reply With Quote

  #627 (permalink)  
Old 21-09-2021, 11:32 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Great, these people instantly not eligible to BTO, no need fight with ordinary citizens like me.
You need a steady girlfriend to BTO in the first place.
Reply With Quote
  #628 (permalink)  
Old 22-09-2021, 01:41 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You need a steady girlfriend to BTO in the first place.
he will be able to get one of hen he turns 35 .
Reply With Quote
  #629 (permalink)  
Old 16-01-2022, 10:36 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I am a fresh grad but also have 1 YOE as I was working in a big tech while finishing my last year. I was already getting more than 5k.

After grad recently I started applying for new roles cuz I want that boost, got a few offers from some other big tech, about 7-9k, 110-130k TC inclusive average target bonus. As I don't know anyone who has 1 YOE as fresh grad, idk if this is fair package.

Actually shopee package was better as they included a lot of RSU, but I hated their interviewer's attitude. It was disgusting, no intro no convo no discussion, why would anyone join shopee lol.
Reply With Quote
  #630 (permalink)  
Old 16-01-2022, 11:07 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a fresh grad but also have 1 YOE as I was working in a big tech while finishing my last year. I was already getting more than 5k.

After grad recently I started applying for new roles cuz I want that boost, got a few offers from some other big tech, about 7-9k, 110-130k TC inclusive average target bonus. As I don't know anyone who has 1 YOE as fresh grad, idk if this is fair package.

Actually shopee package was better as they included a lot of RSU, but I hated their interviewer's attitude. It was disgusting, no intro no convo no discussion, why would anyone join shopee lol.
Shopee still gives out RSUs now meh? At the rate they're recruiting along with the turnovers I'd imagine they would be diluting themselves like crazy.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
computer science, cs degree, job, programming, salary

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Career Advice for Comp Sci Grad: GIC or GovTech newbread Income and Jobs 4 09-10-2019 07:31 AM
Career Advice for Comp Sci Grad: Banking or Public sector job? sggirl Income and Jobs 5 02-12-2018 11:53 PM
Looking for routline, SOP job to do for computer Science grad zero_88 Income and Jobs 10 18-09-2016 10:11 AM
NTU Computer Science Fresh Grad looking for advice rorror Income and Jobs 38 07-06-2016 09:10 PM
fesh science grad to other industries dragon Income and Jobs 4 19-02-2014 12:09 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,600 Replies, 2,021,907 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,217 Replies, 8,902,620 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,132 Replies, 563,812 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,186 Replies, 2,400,797 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,128 Replies, 253,005 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,755 Replies, 955,731 Views
Shopee fresh grad pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
501 Replies, 140,429 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,060 Replies, 2,930,094 Views
Official 2022 Retrechment thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
76 Replies, 7,638 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,613 Replies, 3,092,906 Views
Micron starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
429 Replies, 159,946 Views
Engineer Pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
453 Replies, 240,221 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,790 Replies, 844,368 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,616 Replies, 3,495,202 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
230 Replies, 251,543 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
957 Replies, 629,857 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
17,128 Replies, 6,429,711 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,133 Replies, 296,941 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,172 Replies, 853,115 Views
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,300 Replies, 707,513 Views
ByteDance / TikTok ( 1 2)
17 Replies, 3,849 Views
2022 Full time/Summer internship... ( 1 2)
16 Replies, 2,298 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,969 Replies, 1,919,982 Views
Open Government Products (under...
9 Replies, 956 Views
Want to Save More Money? Our Free...
6 Replies, 8,481 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,379 Replies, 2,296,334 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
331 Replies, 222,539 Views
LTA (Land Transport Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
91 Replies, 131,048 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,155 Replies, 517,496 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,279 Replies, 1,496,568 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 06:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2