Civil Service Performance Bonus - Page 496 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Civil Service Performance Bonus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #4951 (permalink)  
Old 29-12-2023, 11:51 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

[QUOTE=Unregistered;264092]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

rip ah. my side quite rabak, every year change manager. how to get good grading even.
Either you get blessed by your boss & their bosses or you need change job liao lo.

Usually if you "marked" to be an average farmer for life then you can forget about promos le. Maybe you hit middle manager in your mid 40s or 50s.

Reply With Quote
  #4952 (permalink)  
Old 29-12-2023, 04:05 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Just curious, my ex supervisor got promoted to DD of another department and was asked by my DD to transfer over to the department that he’s leading. Is it a good sign? Would it be good for my progression?

Reply With Quote
  #4953 (permalink)  
Old 29-12-2023, 05:49 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Just curious, my ex supervisor got promoted to DD of another department and was asked by my DD to transfer over to the department that he’s leading. Is it a good sign? Would it be good for my progression?
i think AD promotion is coming your way

Reply With Quote
  #4954 (permalink)  
Old 02-01-2024, 04:36 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

[QUOTE=Unregistered;264181]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Either you get blessed by your boss & their bosses or you need change job liao lo.

Usually if you "marked" to be an average farmer for life then you can forget about promos le. Maybe you hit middle manager in your mid 40s or 50s.
Does that mean the average farmer will only become a DD in the mid 40s?
Reply With Quote
  #4955 (permalink)  
Old 02-01-2024, 05:21 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

[QUOTE=Unregistered;264609]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Does that mean the average farmer will only become a DD in the mid 40s?
the average one will only hit dd near retirement la
Reply With Quote
  #4956 (permalink)  
Old 02-01-2024, 11:11 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

[QUOTE=Unregistered;264610]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

the average one will only hit dd near retirement la
You wish. If you are the last of your batch (nobody left they can choose) then maybe you hit DD before retirement. If not you wait long long. Likely retire only manager or one rank above that.
Reply With Quote

  #4957 (permalink)  
Old 22-01-2024, 07:51 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I joined a Ministry in Apr 2023 on a one year contract. Does anyone know what happens after the one year contract is up? If I were to stay on, what would the merit increment be like on the one year anniversary? Am considering whether to head back into private sector as the pay is much better.
Reply With Quote
  #4958 (permalink)  
Old 22-01-2024, 08:42 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Does anyone know which departments have to frequently OT? And are all staff subjected to the three months’ notice period? Thank you!
Reply With Quote
  #4959 (permalink)  
Old 22-01-2024, 11:20 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I joined a Ministry in Apr 2023 on a one year contract. Does anyone know what happens after the one year contract is up? If I were to stay on, what would the merit increment be like on the one year anniversary? Am considering whether to head back into private sector as the pay is much better.
All roles these days start with a 1-year contract. However, depending on headcount, there are roles which can be converted into perm roles (called emplacement), or simply contract roles which may or may not be renewed. Agencies usually review this at the 9-10 month mark, which means you should reach out to your bosses to clarify the above point about now.

If you are emplaced, the salary increment would probably be about 3-5% depending on your performance. Assuming no promotion involved.

Also note that your performance bonus will likely come in March (have to stay 1 more month to retain), so that may factor in when you decide to leave, if you decide to leave.

Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote
  #4960 (permalink)  
Old 22-01-2024, 03:16 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
All roles these days start with a 1-year contract. However, depending on headcount, there are roles which can be converted into perm roles (called emplacement), or simply contract roles which may or may not be renewed. Agencies usually review this at the 9-10 month mark, which means you should reach out to your bosses to clarify the above point about now.

If you are emplaced, the salary increment would probably be about 3-5% depending on your performance. Assuming no promotion involved.

Also note that your performance bonus will likely come in March (have to stay 1 more month to retain), so that may factor in when you decide to leave, if you decide to leave.

Hope this helps.
this is rly helpful! thank you!! any idea if during the one year contract period, whether performance bonus or merit increment will be affected shld i go on maternity leave for 16 weeks?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bonus, civil service, mid year bonus, performance bonus

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
From civil service to banks alwaysnforever Income and Jobs 25 08-06-2013 08:06 PM
Civil Service Bonus 2007 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 18-03-2010 12:42 PM
Civil Service Bonus 2008, and pay cut for ministers Salary.sg Income and Jobs 10 20-01-2009 11:22 PM
Civil Service Bonus mid-2008 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 6 15-07-2008 01:40 AM
Half-month bonus for civil servants Salary.sg Income and Jobs 1 21-05-2008 05:41 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,022 Replies, 1,085,007 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,438 Replies, 12,592,031 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,011 Replies, 5,099,266 Views
LTA (Land Transport Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
740 Replies, 412,862 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,754 Replies, 2,291,334 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,489 Replies, 805,542 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,191 Replies, 6,838,263 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
21,149 Replies, 10,461,163 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,816 Replies, 1,444,574 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,767 Replies, 1,517,212 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,663 Replies, 2,385,544 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,343 Replies, 3,461,022 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,810 Replies, 1,576,742 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,155 Replies, 3,797,159 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,900 Replies, 4,724,235 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,346 Replies, 1,164,741 Views
Maritime and Port Authority of... ( 1 2 3)
20 Replies, 20,015 Views
HTX (Home Team Science and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
825 Replies, 388,037 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,282 Replies, 637,306 Views
NUS (National University of... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
323 Replies, 327,511 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,503 Replies, 1,401,446 Views
DBS ACE Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
163 Replies, 82,995 Views
Shopee fresh grad pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,057 Replies, 451,428 Views
ITE (lecturer) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
279 Replies, 392,945 Views
Any Ministry or Statboard still... ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 12,512 Views
Work culture in CPF board ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
34 Replies, 77,828 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
722 Replies, 553,603 Views
Private Banking Salaries ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
83 Replies, 139,031 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
761 Replies, 425,092 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
415 Replies, 501,279 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 11:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2