MAS for Mid Career Professionals - Page 130 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Companies

Companies Discuss companies and organisations.




MAS for Mid Career Professionals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1291 (permalink)  
Old 24-11-2022, 08:16 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi all, looking to apply for a supervision role. Wondering if any has any insights or experiences to share esp from BD and CMI. Is the culture and workload more or less the same?
Nope don't think the same.

Are u internal applicant or coming from outside? Don't seem to seeing external job ads from these two depts recently.

Well can try applying for both, if need choose, can go for BD.

But also depending what you hope to learn or gain after a few years in the dept.

Whatever views you come across to make your decision, assess whether its management or staff perspective

Reply With Quote
  #1292 (permalink)  
Old 26-11-2022, 11:20 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi all, looking to apply for a supervision role. Wondering if any has any insights or experiences to share esp from BD and CMI. Is the culture and workload more or less the same?

BD's local bank supervision would be the most intense. Followed by those that supervise the banks that have retail reach in Singapore (i.e., Citibank, Standard Chartered, Maybank, etc.) CMI in general, tends to be one of the most relaxed divisions within MAS. At CMI, you can expect to leave work on time almost every day while taking 2+ hour lunches for most divisions. The local bank supervision teams in BDI though are probably working late almost every day.

Reply With Quote
  #1293 (permalink)  
Old 26-11-2022, 11:35 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
BD's local bank supervision would be the most intense. Followed by those that supervise the banks that have retail reach in Singapore (i.e., Citibank, Standard Chartered, Maybank, etc.) CMI in general, tends to be one of the most relaxed divisions within MAS. At CMI, you can expect to leave work on time almost every day while taking 2+ hour lunches for most divisions. The local bank supervision teams in BDI though are probably working late almost every day.
Thank you for saying this about CMI and now we CMI are going to be questioned for our relaxed schedules

Reply With Quote
  #1294 (permalink)  
Old 26-11-2022, 11:51 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thank you for saying this about CMI and now we CMI are going to be questioned for our relaxed schedules
Rilakkuma la, now ish a bz season for BD.

Actually believe no department in MAS is rilak, but can always do a sample test for presenteeism using instant messenger
Reply With Quote
  #1295 (permalink)  
Old 28-11-2022, 11:48 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Nope don't think the same.

Are u internal applicant or coming from outside? Don't seem to seeing external job ads from these two depts recently.

Well can try applying for both, if need choose, can go for BD.

But also depending what you hope to learn or gain after a few years in the dept.

Whatever views you come across to make your decision, assess whether its management or staff perspective
Thoughts on development side? heard that they are always at odds with regulatory side.
Reply With Quote
  #1296 (permalink)  
Old 30-11-2022, 11:11 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thoughts on development side? heard that they are always at odds with regulatory side.
They are not la. They are two sides of the same coin. Each has different functions and both need each other.

But their respective jobscopes are extremely different la, so you just see what type of job you think will suit you more.
Reply With Quote

  #1297 (permalink)  
Old 30-11-2022, 06:39 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

How much salary can a 33yo expect in non-Front office depts?

Just asking for a ballpark figure to guage
Reply With Quote
  #1298 (permalink)  
Old 30-11-2022, 10:08 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thoughts on development side? heard that they are always at odds with regulatory side.
Development side very good life. Get to wine and dine on the job to seduce companies to set up office here. Once the companies are hooked in, the regulatory side will squeeze the living daylights out of them.
Reply With Quote
  #1299 (permalink)  
Old 30-11-2022, 11:19 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How much salary can a 33yo expect in non-Front office depts?

Just asking for a ballpark figure to guage
Pls refer to pg 121 of this thread for unverified salary scales.

This is assuming your previous work experience is relevant.

Also not clear how you view front office in context of central bank - who are the clients and what is the revenues being generated? May the answer lead you to a suitable department!
Reply With Quote
  #1300 (permalink)  
Old 01-12-2022, 06:43 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Development side very good life. Get to wine and dine on the job to seduce companies to set up office here. Once the companies are hooked in, the regulatory side will squeeze the living daylights out of them.
Dun anyhowly give job description hah, hv oso seen devt side stuck in meeting or briefing past offic hour, the job hunter hoping to wine & dine may be disappointed.

And for reg side, pls go through mas tenets of effective regulation on how integrated regulator function. Tyvm!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in! daydreamer Income and Jobs 1733 22-01-2023 09:34 PM
Income for IT Professionals sudoku Income and Jobs 10 24-10-2014 07:20 PM
what does corporate hr executives/professionals do? lmaohaha Income and Jobs 2 12-05-2012 06:03 PM
Professionals and Managers - Is Your Pay above the Median? Salary.sg Income and Jobs 174 04-10-2009 07:42 PM
Managers and Professionals - are your Salaries above the Median? Salary.sg Income and Jobs 27 11-12-2008 10:45 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
18,850 Replies, 7,982,870 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,522 Replies, 1,206,060 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,032 Replies, 2,798,144 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,563 Replies, 5,661,001 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,055 Replies, 539,458 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,251 Replies, 1,063,348 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,051 Replies, 4,472,829 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,828 Replies, 923,721 Views
MOH Holdings ( 1 2)
13 Replies, 13,911 Views
Digital Academy Program at ST...
2 Replies, 149 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,672 Replies, 1,417,643 Views
ST engineering starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
118 Replies, 83,728 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
15,142 Replies, 10,306,741 Views
Compare Your Annual Income ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
35 Replies, 10,481 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,264 Replies, 1,027,108 Views
SIA AO grades ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
111 Replies, 54,173 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,038 Replies, 3,608,430 Views
DBS ACE Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
79 Replies, 24,689 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,184 Replies, 409,760 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
475 Replies, 232,230 Views
BCA (Building and Construction...
1 Replies, 176 Views
MOH (Ministry of Health) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
33 Replies, 43,863 Views
Micron starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
663 Replies, 272,855 Views
How much CPF do u have? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
66 Replies, 37,777 Views
Singapore Power EDGE Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
30 Replies, 7,438 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,127 Replies, 802,499 Views
Shopee fresh grad pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
884 Replies, 272,184 Views
Singapore Examination and...
2 Replies, 4,214 Views
Singapore LNG Pay
7 Replies, 4,119 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 09:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2