IMDA (under MCI) - Page 35 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Companies

Companies Discuss companies and organisations.




IMDA (under MCI)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #341 (permalink)  
Old 02-09-2022, 02:58 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default MCI contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
MCI super good alot of young cai cai working there. Heard every fri wear after work, night time straight go Zouk nearby chiong.
got offers from IMDA, perm while MIC (1-yr contract).
which one to go?

Reply With Quote
  #342 (permalink)  
Old 03-09-2022, 07:15 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hmmm to protect the identity of my friend, i wont reveal the exact period he/she left, all i can say is not very long. He/she worked barely few months. According to my friend, tesa has super high turn over rate because the culture and the boss is toxic. The demoralization can be felt within weeks you are there because the boss has anger management issue and has the habit of "name and shame" you infront of internal and external parties. It just makes one feel so super unappreciated after long hours of working. People can't wait to leave for the sake of their mental well-being? In my point of view, i am actually quite shocked when my friend told me about such bosses because i thought such era should have long gone? And working in public service before we have a code of conduct to follow and i seriously doubted the capability of HR getting rid of such bosses.

Many people i spoke to agree that imda in general is working super long hours and is common to work past mid night because directions keep changing and so are the working document (e.g. PowerPoint) that is required to be submitted or presented to the management. It is all about amending papers and ppt to what the bosses would like it to be. The way my friend spoke about it makes me feel like, everyone is required to be a marketeer.
The infamous AO. Throwing tantrums like a kid despite being 50 years old. And still shamelessly remaining there despite receiving a substantial amount of dislikes.

Reply With Quote
  #343 (permalink)  
Old 05-09-2022, 08:57 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
got offers from IMDA, perm while MIC (1-yr contract).
which one to go?
At MCI, you get exposed to more areas and learn from more capable people. IMDA is literally like bottom tier stat board now

Reply With Quote
  #344 (permalink)  
Old 19-09-2022, 04:08 AM
Unregistered lah
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default forget it even DD or Dir leave cos too small

Toxic culture subjective, u hear things here feel mebbe u r not bad but when u join, ppl ard u starts leaving n u will wan to run for yr life. 1+1 contract common, some rolling contract worse. contract means work damn hard if CE lvl dunno what u r doing.. u can kiss gdbye or hope miracle. Its messy structure n practices cos everyone scare if ceo so ur prep work musr pass until v10 n must chase bosses to reply. any dept u go to is same. no need ask this or that dept.. name sounds gd only eg media festival once u go u cry unless ut mkting from media agency toggong else forget it. even dd u can openly email wo proper email structure, approachable.. or some dir even.. they leave also cos ppl know they r not valued. toxic? never say no to ur bosses, they ask u do. Am grade 7 entry if ur past job not relevant n 2-3yrs promote easy if u stay long, M grade 8 n 9 3 to 5 yrs nxt grade, SM abv if u stay even llonger 10 yrs or 20 over can DD. No perm alrdy, restructuring common u can leave anytime.. non gov way in imda.. no iron bowl. 18 days al basic not enuff.. wrk 10yrs then have 1-2 day. got bell curve if u kena below norm, few yr no promo. gd starter for fresh grad or not ambitious ppl. must network to go up maybe...
Reply With Quote
  #345 (permalink)  
Old 22-09-2022, 04:00 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

IMDA HR came to my school recently to promote. But now when I compare what they said with the comments here, I know it was all bullshit.
Reply With Quote
  #346 (permalink)  
Old 25-09-2022, 03:50 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Has anyone received any response from the AIM prog for IMDA?
Reply With Quote

  #347 (permalink)  
Old 26-09-2022, 02:14 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered lah View Post
Toxic culture subjective, u hear things here feel mebbe u r not bad but when u join, ppl ard u starts leaving n u will wan to run for yr life. 1+1 contract common, some rolling contract worse. contract means work damn hard if CE lvl dunno what u r doing.. u can kiss gdbye or hope miracle. Its messy structure n practices cos everyone scare if ceo so ur prep work musr pass until v10 n must chase bosses to reply. any dept u go to is same. no need ask this or that dept.. name sounds gd only eg media festival once u go u cry unless ut mkting from media agency toggong else forget it. even dd u can openly email wo proper email structure, approachable.. or some dir even.. they leave also cos ppl know they r not valued. toxic? never say no to ur bosses, they ask u do. Am grade 7 entry if ur past job not relevant n 2-3yrs promote easy if u stay long, M grade 8 n 9 3 to 5 yrs nxt grade, SM abv if u stay even llonger 10 yrs or 20 over can DD. No perm alrdy, restructuring common u can leave anytime.. non gov way in imda.. no iron bowl. 18 days al basic not enuff.. wrk 10yrs then have 1-2 day. got bell curve if u kena below norm, few yr no promo. gd starter for fresh grad or not ambitious ppl. must network to go up maybe...
Actually, there is quite a big difference depending on the department you join. There are two main parts in IMDA. One part is the industry and public engagement, the other is the regulatory part. The regulatory part is more stable and the churn is much lower.
Reply With Quote
  #348 (permalink)  
Old 27-09-2022, 03:58 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Media industry

Any comments on Media Industry teams? And their new ACE?
Reply With Quote
  #349 (permalink)  
Old 28-09-2022, 12:47 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Response from IMDA AIM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Has anyone received any response from the AIM prog for IMDA?
Went for the case assessment last Thursday. Two days ago on Monday they sent me email asking for further details such as transcripts etc.
Reply With Quote
  #350 (permalink)  
Old 29-09-2022, 03:53 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Went for the case assessment last Thursday. Two days ago on Monday they sent me email asking for further details such as transcripts etc.
Same! Does that mean we are hired?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GovTech / CSA / IMDA TechGraduate Income and Jobs 12 04-03-2022 11:25 PM
anyone who has done SG:D Scholarship (Undergraduate) - IMDA interview [email protected] Income and Jobs 0 26-04-2021 04:37 PM
anyone who has done SG:D Scholarship (Undergraduate) - IMDA interview [email protected] General Discussions 0 26-04-2021 04:37 PM
Any advice on should I accept SG:D scholarship by IMDA? [email protected] Education and Personal Growth 1 24-04-2021 10:22 PM
Any advice on should I accept SG:D scholarship by IMDA? [email protected] Income and Jobs 0 23-04-2021 11:39 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,767 Replies, 3,455,998 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,680 Replies, 3,156,874 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
18,408 Replies, 7,552,191 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,584 Replies, 1,298,955 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,753 Replies, 2,316,769 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,490 Replies, 2,246,475 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,645 Replies, 4,210,749 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,450 Replies, 1,115,018 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,299 Replies, 631,999 Views
SP Group ( 1 2)
16 Replies, 11,105 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,238 Replies, 3,312,354 Views
Anyone work in JPM/GS/Morgan... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
245 Replies, 71,585 Views
Bnp paribas graduate ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
196 Replies, 121,025 Views
MasterCard Graduate Developement... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
79 Replies, 49,055 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,031 Replies, 843,454 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,964 Replies, 9,965,647 Views
Singapore Power EDGE Program ( 1 2)
11 Replies, 4,685 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,048 Replies, 730,231 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,799 Replies, 2,671,069 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
631 Replies, 265,963 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,142 Replies, 361,292 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,453 Replies, 5,473,701 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,711 Replies, 988,480 Views
MOH Holdings ( 1 2)
10 Replies, 12,555 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
392 Replies, 203,716 Views
Shopee fresh grad pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
844 Replies, 242,767 Views
SingPost (Singapore Post)
4 Replies, 1,223 Views
[advice] Recruitment agency... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
37 Replies, 15,602 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
424 Replies, 455,733 Views
Barclays ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
277 Replies, 187,083 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 03:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2