IMDA (under MCI) - Page 103 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Companies

Companies Discuss companies and organisations.

IMDA (under MCI)

Old 16-10-2023, 11:00 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
and u already left?
Yup of course as I'm aware that that place doesn't have good working conditions let alone good prospects

Quote:
What division or department are u in? Sounds bad
I'm not so dumb to reveal my identity. I have average IQ that's why I managed to leave IMDA.

Old 16-10-2023, 11:15 AM
Unregistered

Any other imda survivors here? Is it worth staying for the bonus?

Old 16-10-2023, 11:22 AM
Unregistered

Don’t listen and believe to all the comments here. There are bound to have staffs who shows dislike to the company and go around spreading bad rumours about the company. I was from GLC and made the e jump to imda last year jan. To me it’s just a typical govt entity with it’s fair share of scholars who lose touch but the job wise and the pay/bonus make up for it.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Old 16-10-2023, 11:30 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
THIS. I actually empathise with some of the corporate leaders who worked hard in developing their industry, w/o the wayang-ness and mind games. They truly deserve our respect cos it's really not easy to survive and thrive as a leader in imda. Especially so if they themselves were at the mercy of mediocre leaders, and yet having to be a strong, resilient leader to their subordinates (or at the very least, behave the part).

I specially wrote in and thanked my hiring manager (DD) for not shortlisting me to the next round, sharing my revelations of CE's dismal leadership and toxic working culture. I even applaud and appreciate her leadership inside the email - turnover rate at the directors' level is so high, she could have walked away if she wants to, yet she continue turning up consistently in this pressure cooker environment (quiet quitting is another story thou). I felt so bad for her, I even offered words of encouragement (I mean, I don't even want to work there despite knowing that she will make a good boss/leader).

For some reason, I feel strongly for her plight and unknown struggles.

This is the most radical and boldest move I've made in a recruitment process.

I don't understand your point regarding LCH's intellect. From what I've read, his intellect is so bad it turns many pple off. It's either he has it, or not. But it's damn clear that he lacks wisdom in tech.
Did she reply to you?

From a 3rd party pov, it seems like you are suan-ing her lolz although that wasn't your intent.

She should quit the game asap. If she doesn't know how to suck up to the higher ups, then she will never win the game. That's how the game is played there.
Old 16-10-2023, 11:44 AM
Unregistered

Talking

Quote:
This is perhaps the greatest flaw of Singapore's "meritocratic" system.

Time and again, people have voiced their discomfort and unhappiness with military people directly entering into the highest echelons of the public service.

They have close to zero domain knowledge in their new organization, yet are expected to lead such an organization.

It's equivalent to asking the CEO of Coca Cola to become the CEO of Google and thinking he will perform fantastically well.

On the other hand, those who have spent years building up their domain knowledge and leadership in the organization are denied a chance at the top spot compared to this random dude from the military who walked in.

Honestly, it's not so much LCH's fault as it is of the government. If I'm LCH, I will certainly take up this role. Indeed, it is the government's fault for having such a bizarre appointment process in the first place.

I have some sympathy knowing that military people have an early retirement age with possibly limited transferability of skillsets to other jobs. But automatically opening the doors wide for them into the public service and GLCs cannot be the solution.

Instead, the conversation should go like this: "Thank you for your service to the nation. Here is money for you. We can also enroll you in some courses of your interest. However, you would have to find the next stage of your life on your own. All the best."

We simply cannot let sympathy for these military people translate into externalities for the rest of the country.
Send LCH to work at RWS Sea Aquarium, ermmm there are some transferable skills right?
Old 16-10-2023, 05:37 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Any other imda survivors here? Is it worth staying for the bonus?
Strange question. You tell me - if you have a better offer, is it worth staying for the bonus?

Old 16-10-2023, 05:58 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Don’t listen and believe to all the comments here. There are bound to have staffs who shows dislike to the company and go around spreading bad rumours about the company. I was from GLC and made the e jump to imda last year jan. To me it’s just a typical govt entity with it’s fair share of scholars who lose touch but the job wise and the pay/bonus make up for it.
To use one of LCH's pet terms, that's a motherhood statement isn't it?

Everyone is in a different role with different POVs. Some people may be further down the totem pole and don't get to see the issues on top, or their type of work doesn't involve redoing PPTs 100x. Some people are heavily exposed to the issues discussed in this thread, and the sentiment among them seems to be the same.

Lucky you if you don't face the issues discussed, and find that the pay/bonus makes up for it.

For the rest, maybe this is a place for them to ventilate so that they don't go mad.
Old 16-10-2023, 08:16 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Lol I'm not. Just a passerby

But I'm curious, for u to deal with all these big shots, u guys sure hold high position
June Koh is definitely the one taking potshots at CE, KK, SS n all the bigshots with her multiple personas on this thread
Old 16-10-2023, 08:59 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
I am not from IMDA, but I am amazed by the unjustified pot-shots. PDPC and IMDA are different entities, and the two titles reflect the different roles (TOR, powers, and tasks). Extra job, no extra pay. Such arrangements are not uncommon in the public service. For example, CE CSA is concurrently Commissioner of Cybersecurity.
The CSA CE knows his stuff so even if he wants to have 2 titles, no one gives a ****.

On the other hand, LCH that comedian isn't even an expert in either tech and media, acts like he knows it all, and still needs a PDPC title.
Old 16-10-2023, 10:16 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
But I'm curious, for u to deal with all these big shots, u guys sure hold high position
I believe some lurking around here and contributing insights are at the asst director and deputy director level. A few earlier posts has one poster exposing the laziness of HR who didn't bother to filter potential candidates and just mass send resumes to hiring managers like a postman. Usually hiring managers who decide which candidates to meet for the 1st round of interview lies in AD & DD's realm of responsibility.

If you read even earlier pages, there's one poster who claims that he reports directly to the director.

This is a good outlet for imda staff to complain and spill the tea that is not made possible in a public space, esp for those at the middle to senior management level. They have to maintain their pristine clean images in public setting as beloved concubines and prince/princess, and avoid bringing dishonour to the emperor. If not, heads will roll.