Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - IMDA (under MCI)
View Single Post
Old 16-10-2023, 11:30 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
THIS. I actually empathise with some of the corporate leaders who worked hard in developing their industry, w/o the wayang-ness and mind games. They truly deserve our respect cos it's really not easy to survive and thrive as a leader in imda. Especially so if they themselves were at the mercy of mediocre leaders, and yet having to be a strong, resilient leader to their subordinates (or at the very least, behave the part).

I specially wrote in and thanked my hiring manager (DD) for not shortlisting me to the next round, sharing my revelations of CE's dismal leadership and toxic working culture. I even applaud and appreciate her leadership inside the email - turnover rate at the directors' level is so high, she could have walked away if she wants to, yet she continue turning up consistently in this pressure cooker environment (quiet quitting is another story thou). I felt so bad for her, I even offered words of encouragement (I mean, I don't even want to work there despite knowing that she will make a good boss/leader).

For some reason, I feel strongly for her plight and unknown struggles.

This is the most radical and boldest move I've made in a recruitment process.

I don't understand your point regarding LCH's intellect. From what I've read, his intellect is so bad it turns many pple off. It's either he has it, or not. But it's damn clear that he lacks wisdom in tech.
Did she reply to you?

From a 3rd party pov, it seems like you are suan-ing her lolz although that wasn't your intent.

She should quit the game asap. If she doesn't know how to suck up to the higher ups, then she will never win the game. That's how the game is played there.