DBS BANK Interview replies - Page 3 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

DBS BANK Interview replies

Old 09-11-2013, 03:36 AM
Unregistered

I applied ops and tech too, no replies for me though. Is it convenient to share when you did the video interview and when you got your invitation for panel interview?

Old 09-11-2013, 01:14 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thanks for your advice I hope they'll call me soon I really need a job now. Yesterday I went interview with HSBC and I find the interviewee lady humiliated me, first she was late more than half an hour (I'm ok when she said sorry) but what really humiliating when I was presenting myself she keep on playing her phone and no eye contact during the process. I was the one who keep on questioning to her but her response is not in detail. Alas only less than 5 minutes she told me I'll be notify within 1 working week, no news then I'm not hired. When I left I still feel humiliated and really wanna breakdown, never in my life I met this kind of interviewee before, I felt like we both wasting time on that session. Suddenly I called the HR and voice out what really happen during the session, I know this move is killing my chance to get the job but what I can't stand is the humiliation that I had. I just want to share this because sometimes you meet people that can ruin your life in a day and you need to let that person know that you are not a nobody that can be bullied... And you move on with your life.
you will meet more shitty people at work. seriously, you should have just handle it professionally, at least theres a chance to be offered and you can still reject if you really dun like it.
anyway what did the HR reply you?

Old 10-11-2013, 08:29 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
I applied ops and tech too, no replies for me though. Is it convenient to share when you did the video interview and when you got your invitation for panel interview?
I posted the timeline in post #18, you can count backwards from there! Super worried for the panel interview TBH, have no idea what will be asked...

Old 10-11-2013, 10:21 PM
Unregistered

if its HR, its behavioural questions. If its hiring manager, its probably to access the fit of the job. good luck
Old 12-11-2013, 06:47 PM
Unregistered

Just went for the interview. Was interviewed by 2 person, one HR manager and one hiring manager. Almost 100% of the question was fit question. Took 1hr. The interview process started on the 8th and will end on the 14th. Heard from the HR exec liasing with me that this interview is the final stage and the offer will start going out end of the week- start of next week.

I think I did ok for the interview but seems like my answer ain't what they are looking for. Think need to start looking for another job opening already
Old 13-11-2013, 05:49 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Just went for the interview. Was interviewed by 2 person, one HR manager and one hiring manager. Almost 100% of the question was fit question. Took 1hr. The interview process started on the 8th and will end on the 14th. Heard from the HR exec liasing with me that this interview is the final stage and the offer will start going out end of the week- start of next week.

I think I did ok for the interview but seems like my answer ain't what they are looking for. Think need to start looking for another job opening already
Why do you think your answer ain't what they are looking for? How did you infer that? From their expressions?

I went for the interview on 11th. There was one more hiring manager on top of what you have said. I was also asked technical questions besides the fit questions. It was nerve-wrecking!

How about others who went for the interview too?

Old 13-11-2013, 12:19 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Why do you think your answer ain't what they are looking for? How did you infer that? From their expressions?

I went for the interview on 11th. There was one more hiring manager on top of what you have said. I was also asked technical questions besides the fit questions. It was nerve-wrecking!

How about others who went for the interview too?
From the conversation we had when I asked my questions. They were talking about finding the correct fit and the HR manager indirectly hinted that I am not the correct fit.

Were you applying for Tech position? Mine was Ops so I guess that's why it was purely fit questions and had 1 less hiring manager. Almost all about leadership style. Quite nerve wrecking for me too but my HR exec was very friendly and help reassured me haha
Old 13-11-2013, 02:02 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
From the conversation we had when I asked my questions. They were talking about finding the correct fit and the HR manager indirectly hinted that I am not the correct fit.

Were you applying for Tech position? Mine was Ops so I guess that's why it was purely fit questions and had 1 less hiring manager. Almost all about leadership style. Quite nerve wrecking for me too but my HR exec was very friendly and help reassured me haha
Yes mine was Tech position. Which day did u have your interview? I wonder how many ops and tech candidates there are for each function. So do you know if they will send rejection email if not selected?
Old 13-11-2013, 05:18 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Yes mine was Tech position. Which day did u have your interview? I wonder how many ops and tech candidates there are for each function. So do you know if they will send rejection email if not selected?
Mine was yesterday. Yeah I wonder how many they are selecting too. didn't seem like they are interviewing a lot to begin with. The interviews only last for 5 days and they seem do be going at the rate of 1 per hour (didn't see any other candidate waiting there together with me). Maybe this isn't the only round and they are staggering the hires.

Not sure about the email but I am guessing they probably will send out rejection email. Usually when you get to the final interview stage most company will reject you outright instead of just ignoring you.
Old 13-11-2013, 05:26 PM
Unregistered

Smile

Quote:
Mine was yesterday. Yeah I wonder how many they are selecting too. didn't seem like they are interviewing a lot to begin with. The interviews only last for 5 days and they seem do be going at the rate of 1 per hour (didn't see any other candidate waiting there together with me). Maybe this isn't the only round and they are staggering the hires.

Not sure about the email but I am guessing they probably will send out rejection email. Usually when you get to the final interview stage most company will reject you outright instead of just ignoring you.
Is there a contact/email I can pm you? Easier and faster to tell you what I know and vice versa