How much are you earning per annum? - Page 854 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




How much are you earning per annum?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #8531 (permalink)  
Old 21-09-2015, 11:41 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

You really are very thick skinned! That challenge was not yours to answer.

Do you earn $1K per day? If not, why do you answer?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I will be skipping the challenge, thanks for the offer.

Reply With Quote
  #8532 (permalink)  
Old 21-09-2015, 01:57 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have never thought of how much I earn a day until my daughter asked me whether she should take up an internship with a GLC. The GLC offered her $50 a day for 22 days per month for 3 months.

I told her to take it up as firstly the pay was ok (per month is $1100 for an intern) compared to what I got when I was doing my industrial attachment many years ago. Then I was paid $250 per month! Secondly, the exposure and experience would be good for her.

Mentally I was calculating how much per day my wife and I earn. Based on our combined income of $380K - $400K pa (incl. bonuses), we would be earning more than $1k per day! It was quite mind blowing.
Contrary to you, I have always thought of how much me and wife earns on a daily basis ie annual pay/365. Currently it is about $795. With employee cpf in will be $880 & when the rental of my hdb unit starts to flow next Jan will be $950. Should reach $1k by mid next year...

Reply With Quote
  #8533 (permalink)  
Old 21-09-2015, 03:25 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

You and wife earn $1k per day. You alone only earn $500 per day. No big deal. Many successful professionals earn $500 per HOUR. LOL.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have never thought of how much I earn a day until my daughter asked me whether she should take up an internship with a GLC. The GLC offered her $50 a day for 22 days per month for 3 months.

I told her to take it up as firstly the pay was ok (per month is $1100 for an intern) compared to what I got when I was doing my industrial attachment many years ago. Then I was paid $250 per month! Secondly, the exposure and experience would be good for her.

Mentally I was calculating how much per day my wife and I earn. Based on our combined income of $380K - $400K pa (incl. bonuses), we would be earning more than $1k per day! It was quite mind blowing.

Reply With Quote
  #8534 (permalink)  
Old 21-09-2015, 03:41 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Our ministers are making 3k every day. 500/day is what they get for their lunch and tea break. They don't have time to have their mind blown over such figures.
Reply With Quote
  #8535 (permalink)  
Old 21-09-2015, 05:25 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You and wife earn $1k per day. You alone only earn $500 per day. No big deal. Many successful professionals earn $500 per HOUR. LOL.
I am not the poster whose post you were referring to but I am just pointing out a fallacy...

Please do not compare what is the hourly rate when it is averaged out over 365 x 24 hrs vs hours charged on the job eg lawyer charging clients $500/hr.

The lawyer only gets paid $500/hour during the period of time when he is in the court. The rest of the 24 hours he is NOT paid. So please compare Apple to Apple...
Reply With Quote
  #8536 (permalink)  
Old 21-09-2015, 05:26 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Being awake at 4 am, waiting for some kind soul to reply to your post, shows you are at a verge of mental breakdown. Talk to your wife on your mental condition. If she loves you, she will let you quit now. How much cash savings do you have? What's your total net worth (you and wife in total)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Oh yes. I forgot to update another point

With current employer. I have to serve 3 months notice.

I have been to one interview recently, and it was Ok until they hear the 3 month wait.
Reply With Quote

  #8537 (permalink)  
Old 21-09-2015, 05:32 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

The guy makes a big deal of making $500 per day. His income is only $200k pa but he makes it sound so much. Nowadays, people in their 30s already making $500k pa. LOL. He is already 55, any time can be retrenched. He needs to be more humble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am not the poster whose post you were referring to but I am just pointing out a fallacy...

Please do not compare what is the hourly rate when it is averaged out over 365 x 24 hrs vs hours charged on the job eg lawyer charging clients $500/hr.

The lawyer only gets paid $500/hour during the period of time when he is in the court. The rest of the 24 hours he is NOT paid. So please compare Apple to Apple...
Reply With Quote
  #8538 (permalink)  
Old 21-09-2015, 07:00 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

3 months notice is tough, but if you really want to go, is there an option to pay the company so you can leave in a shorter amount of time like 1 month? Though it might sound crazy to pay to leave a shitty job, but if there's a better place out there waiting for you (but could not wait 3 months), the cost might be worth it. Money can always earn back. Especially when you enjoy the work, the intangibles don't have a price, and money will follow. Of course, keep your expenses down and don't make big financial commitments for now.

If you have unused vacation leave, save up for the notice period as well, i.e. you exchange the leave balance for early release, without getting the balance en-cashed.

Bottom line is, there is always a way out. Since you are earning a decent income now, there could be plenty of options. Don't make it sound so gloomy. Think of it as a "happy" problem. There are folks who are earning 1/5th of your pay at your age who would want to swap theirs with your problem. I am not saying your situation is something to be taken lightly, but sometimes its good to look at things from a different perspective.

cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Oh yes. I forgot to update another point

With current employer. I have to serve 3 months notice.

I have been to one interview recently, and it was Ok until they hear the 3 month wait.
Reply With Quote
  #8539 (permalink)  
Old 21-09-2015, 07:14 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Yeah, sometimes, if you take a high income earner earnings and divide by the hours he actually spends working, the figure can look crazy high to people who are earning lesser, or like your case, even to the same high earner who used to earn much lesser when he first started his career


Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have never thought of how much I earn a day until my daughter asked me whether she should take up an internship with a GLC. The GLC offered her $50 a day for 22 days per month for 3 months.

I told her to take it up as firstly the pay was ok (per month is $1100 for an intern) compared to what I got when I was doing my industrial attachment many years ago. Then I was paid $250 per month! Secondly, the exposure and experience would be good for her.

Mentally I was calculating how much per day my wife and I earn. Based on our combined income of $380K - $400K pa (incl. bonuses), we would be earning more than $1k per day! It was quite mind blowing.
Reply With Quote
  #8540 (permalink)  
Old 21-09-2015, 07:55 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
3 months notice is tough, but if you really want to go, is there an option to pay the company so you can leave in a shorter amount of time like 1 month? Though it might sound crazy to pay to leave a shitty job, but if there's a better place out there waiting for you (but could not wait 3 months), the cost might be worth it. Money can always earn back. Especially when you enjoy the work, the intangibles don't have a price, and money will follow. Of course, keep your expenses down and don't make big financial commitments for now.

If you have unused vacation leave, save up for the notice period as well, i.e. you exchange the leave balance for early release, without getting the balance en-cashed.

Bottom line is, there is always a way out. Since you are earning a decent income now, there could be plenty of options. Don't make it sound so gloomy. Think of it as a "happy" problem. There are folks who are earning 1/5th of your pay at your age who would want to swap theirs with your problem. I am not saying your situation is something to be taken lightly, but sometimes its good to look at things from a different perspective.

cheers
Thanks for the encouraging comments
I guess my problem might be small compared to those who are earning much less, and maybe facing a larger problem.
I will try to hang on first. Anyway at most is quit without job. Will not go of hunger.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bond, bond breaking, income pa, lawyer, saf

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Industries with Highest Proportion Earning 5-Figure Monthly Income Salary.sg Income and Jobs 25 23-04-2021 10:40 PM
Lawyer earning $25k/mth forged $65k payslip to get job Salary.sg Income and Jobs 2 30-12-2011 02:42 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,890 Replies, 2,404,181 Views
For those with 2-5 YOE, what is... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
321 Replies, 30,920 Views
Aircraft Maintenance License and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
660 Replies, 515,085 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
134 Replies, 168,884 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,240 Replies, 7,089,171 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,837 Replies, 1,624,574 Views
Cybersecurity/Info security career ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
84 Replies, 22,891 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,902 Replies, 461,771 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,503 Replies, 1,319,218 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,874 Replies, 4,265,030 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,283 Replies, 516,629 Views
GovTech Tech Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
44 Replies, 23,471 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,798 Replies, 2,362,793 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
88 Replies, 46,262 Views
Tech Public Sector vs Non FAANG...
3 Replies, 184 Views
Shell TDP ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
156 Replies, 59,741 Views
Records of ex-employees in...
2 Replies, 308 Views
Career as Insurance Agent - HR are...
6 Replies, 2,097 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
540 Replies, 415,188 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
981 Replies, 704,328 Views
Dsta vs dso ( 1 2)
16 Replies, 1,308 Views
UBS Financial Services Industry... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
347 Replies, 98,168 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
312 Replies, 294,218 Views
Job Advice:Is it better to start... ( 1 2 3)
20 Replies, 2,076 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
410 Replies, 289,572 Views
Delta Partners (consulting)
0 Replies, 77 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
31 Replies, 14,282 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
712 Replies, 165,957 Views
Marsh Graduate Development Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
85 Replies, 32,164 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 06:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2