Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 21-09-2015, 07:55 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
3 months notice is tough, but if you really want to go, is there an option to pay the company so you can leave in a shorter amount of time like 1 month? Though it might sound crazy to pay to leave a shitty job, but if there's a better place out there waiting for you (but could not wait 3 months), the cost might be worth it. Money can always earn back. Especially when you enjoy the work, the intangibles don't have a price, and money will follow. Of course, keep your expenses down and don't make big financial commitments for now.

If you have unused vacation leave, save up for the notice period as well, i.e. you exchange the leave balance for early release, without getting the balance en-cashed.

Bottom line is, there is always a way out. Since you are earning a decent income now, there could be plenty of options. Don't make it sound so gloomy. Think of it as a "happy" problem. There are folks who are earning 1/5th of your pay at your age who would want to swap theirs with your problem. I am not saying your situation is something to be taken lightly, but sometimes its good to look at things from a different perspective.

cheers
Thanks for the encouraging comments
I guess my problem might be small compared to those who are earning much less, and maybe facing a larger problem.
I will try to hang on first. Anyway at most is quit without job. Will not go of hunger.