How much are you earning per annum? - Page 803 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




How much are you earning per annum?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #8021 (permalink)  
Old 30-06-2015, 09:40 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I went thru this stage a few years ago before hitting 40. Its probably mid life crisis and to me, it ls just a phase which ran its course over a period and i am no longer having this feeling. Today, I am still in the company and learning to enjoy what i am doing now while getting paid (well paid).....
Care to elaborate how to overcome it without resignation?
The days are difficult to get by.....

Reply With Quote
  #8022 (permalink)  
Old 30-06-2015, 09:56 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

After 24 years, only 4.3k per month.. Life is tough..

Reply With Quote
  #8023 (permalink)  
Old 30-06-2015, 10:01 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Care to elaborate how to overcome it without resignation?
The days are difficult to get by.....
I think taking up a sport helps. I started cycling every sunday and then a few months later, started swimming every sat in addition to the sunday rides. And recently, started running on weekdays as well.

Reply With Quote
  #8024 (permalink)  
Old 01-07-2015, 06:42 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
After 24 years, only 4.3k per month.. Life is tough..
for me engineering field, after 18 years, about $12k pm. about average i think if i compare against my university peers.
Reply With Quote
  #8025 (permalink)  
Old 01-07-2015, 11:14 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Married couple, 40 & 39 years old. Two teenage kids.
Total income $218k pa.
Total expenses $159k pa.
Total savings $59k pa.

Key expenses

- Mortgage (until age 55) $2400 pm
- Car loan and car related expenses $1800 pm
- Kids expenses including tuition $1000 pm
- Food, groceries, utilities and eating out $1700 pm
- Parental allowance $1400 pm
- Insurance $1600 pm
- Holidays $10,000 pa
- Others $2500 pm

Net worth

- Equity on condo $850k
- Cash and CPF savings $400k
- Total net worth $1.25m

Are we doing ok financially?
How can we prepare for retirement?
Is it possible for us to retire at 55?
We appreciate good, serious advice.
Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #8026 (permalink)  
Old 01-07-2015, 01:24 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Married couple, 40 & 39 years old. Two teenage kids.
Total income $218k pa.
Total expenses $159k pa.
Total savings $59k pa.

Key expenses

- Mortgage (until age 55) $2400 pm
- Car loan and car related expenses $1800 pm
- Kids expenses including tuition $1000 pm
- Food, groceries, utilities and eating out $1700 pm
- Parental allowance $1400 pm
- Insurance $1600 pm
- Holidays $10,000 pa
- Others $2500 pm

Net worth

- Equity on condo $850k
- Cash and CPF savings $400k
- Total net worth $1.25m

Are we doing ok financially?
How can we prepare for retirement?
Is it possible for us to retire at 55?
We appreciate good, serious advice.
Thanks.
you are doing great. as some of the forumers here would suggest, you can retire in Malaysia and Thailand, and you will become multi millionaire
Reply With Quote

  #8027 (permalink)  
Old 01-07-2015, 08:10 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hi,

It is possible for you to retire at 55 based on these assumptions and conditions when you reach 55

1. Your condo fully paid
2. Kids are grown up and working, hence no more expenses for the kids
3. Your parents are no longer around, hence no more parental allowance for them
4. You don't drive, hence no more expenses on car
5. Insurance expense halved as kids will pay their own insurance

So, expenses cut will be $(2400 + 1800 + 1000 + 1400 + 800) pm = $7400 pm

Your expenses will be say $4000 pm or $48k pa, including holidays.

Since you save $59k pa, over 15 years, you will save $885k. You then invest in 5% dividend yield stocks to give you $44k pa. Your kids will each give you $1k pm, so in total you get $24k pa. Passive income total $68k pa. You can save $20k pa.

At 65, you will get an extra $3500 pm or $42k pa from CPF Life. You can save this or spend more on holidays or buy a car.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Married couple, 40 & 39 years old. Two teenage kids.
Total income $218k pa.
Total expenses $159k pa.
Total savings $59k pa.

Key expenses

- Mortgage (until age 55) $2400 pm
- Car loan and car related expenses $1800 pm
- Kids expenses including tuition $1000 pm
- Food, groceries, utilities and eating out $1700 pm
- Parental allowance $1400 pm
- Insurance $1600 pm
- Holidays $10,000 pa
- Others $2500 pm

Net worth

- Equity on condo $850k
- Cash and CPF savings $400k
- Total net worth $1.25m

Are we doing ok financially?
How can we prepare for retirement?
Is it possible for us to retire at 55?
We appreciate good, serious advice.
Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #8028 (permalink)  
Old 02-07-2015, 07:24 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Thank you sir for this great advice. It motivates me to know that we are on the right track and can actually retire by 55. We will work hard and try to save as much as we can. We can start investing now.

Have a great day, sir! :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,

It is possible for you to retire at 55 based on these assumptions and conditions when you reach 55

1. Your condo fully paid
2. Kids are grown up and working, hence no more expenses for the kids
3. Your parents are no longer around, hence no more parental allowance for them
4. You don't drive, hence no more expenses on car
5. Insurance expense halved as kids will pay their own insurance

So, expenses cut will be $(2400 + 1800 + 1000 + 1400 + 800) pm = $7400 pm

Your expenses will be say $4000 pm or $48k pa, including holidays.

Since you save $59k pa, over 15 years, you will save $885k. You then invest in 5% dividend yield stocks to give you $44k pa. Your kids will each give you $1k pm, so in total you get $24k pa. Passive income total $68k pa. You can save $20k pa.

At 65, you will get an extra $3500 pm or $42k pa from CPF Life. You can save this or spend more on holidays or buy a car.
Reply With Quote
  #8029 (permalink)  
Old 02-07-2015, 02:45 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

One 3 million dollars condo given to me by my parents. I am waiting for my inheritance of a few million dollars when my parents pass away. They are doing very well as CEOs. I am married and happy, with no children. No mortgage and no loans to worry about. I volunteer and stay humble.
Reply With Quote
  #8030 (permalink)  
Old 02-07-2015, 11:08 PM
micmic
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Talking ordinary guy

26yo,single
Highest Qualification - N & O Level
Post - Administration Manager (Not my parents company)
2011-14.4k pa.
2013- 31.2k pa.
2014- 48k pa.

Total income $48k pa.
Total expenses $24k pa.
Total savings $0k pa.
Total Invest $24k pa.

Key expenses

- Mortgage (until age 55) $0 pm
- Company Car petrol expenses $200 pm
- Eat Out $1680 pm


Net worth

- Equity on fully paid parent's HDB (Central) $680k
- Equity on Malaysia Land of 1,000 acre = 400 Hectare $12m
- Equity on Parent's Company (Msia) worth $5m
- Equity on Stocks $300k
- Total net worth $17.98m

I am wondering should i go for diploma and degree courses as my parents kept on persuade me to take up pte Dip & Degree. Any Suggestion on preferred university that recognized by government and close 1 eye also can graduate course? Thanks.
Above is my few cents to share. Time to go meet ladies, have a good evening.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bond, bond breaking, income pa, lawyer, saf

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Industries with Highest Proportion Earning 5-Figure Monthly Income Salary.sg Income and Jobs 25 23-04-2021 10:40 PM
Lawyer earning $25k/mth forged $65k payslip to get job Salary.sg Income and Jobs 2 30-12-2011 02:42 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,158 Replies, 3,150,698 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,143 Replies, 956,608 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,184 Replies, 2,889,153 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
18,047 Replies, 7,133,555 Views
Management Consultant MBB Big4 etc... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
227 Replies, 106,304 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,279 Replies, 2,114,337 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,497 Replies, 725,779 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,222 Replies, 3,940,248 Views
Micron starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
563 Replies, 215,421 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
966 Replies, 658,958 Views
For those with 2-5 YOE, what is... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,044 Replies, 253,327 Views
Shopee fresh grad pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
730 Replies, 205,540 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
354 Replies, 181,227 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,398 Replies, 1,170,071 Views
20% salary bump? ( 1 2)
19 Replies, 5,159 Views
Engineer Pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
524 Replies, 285,233 Views
RM Salaries and Commissions
0 Replies, 89 Views
What are some good non-fang tech... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
71 Replies, 18,709 Views
Be a commodities trader ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
223 Replies, 216,406 Views
jobs at Tech companies
4 Replies, 3,242 Views
Bnp paribas graduate ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
194 Replies, 114,036 Views
Credit Suisse ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 5,689 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
341 Replies, 110,616 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
560 Replies, 233,325 Views
How much do you earn and save? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
385 Replies, 181,939 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,475 Replies, 2,533,632 Views
GovTech Tech Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
351 Replies, 143,482 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,844 Replies, 9,613,110 Views
Relationship manager / Personal... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
49 Replies, 51,150 Views
Enterprise Singapore hiriing... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
146 Replies, 143,381 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 03:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2