How much are you earning per annum? - Page 142 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




How much are you earning per annum?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1411 (permalink)  
Old 05-04-2012, 01:43 PM
Super Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 309
Bean is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I've total 5 yrs working exp since grad. Degree holder. Currently drawing 4k basic salary. Last bonus 4+ mths. Can those with similar yrs of exp share how much u're drawing? Wld like to know if my salary is really pathetic or still ok..thanks
me same with you

male
grad in july 2007, ntu 2nd lower
from ST engineering
start pay = 2900

promote to senior engineer in 2010

by this june 2012= 5 years exp liao,
-expected salary = $38XX only
-expected annual salary for FY2012 = $68XXX (include all bonus/aws/stock)
-I m just average 'C' grader


Last edited by Bean; 05-04-2012 at 01:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #1412 (permalink)  
Old 05-04-2012, 04:28 PM
moron
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default pay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I've total 5 yrs working exp since grad. Degree holder. Currently drawing 4k basic salary. Last bonus 4+ mths. Can those with similar yrs of exp share how much u're drawing? Wld like to know if my salary is really pathetic or still ok..thanks
I started in 2005 at 3.8k at an IB. bonus was 6mths.
2006 at another IB at 5.2k. bonus was 6 mths.
2007 at another IB at 6.8k. bonus was 9 months.
2008 onwards was pnl driven.. 7.5k then 9k then now 14k. bonus wise.. ranges from 14-40 months.

no matter how many pple keep saying banking is sunset.. the rewards are still there. pte bankers still earn tonnes. hedgies earn even more. and we just do ntg but flip the coin. its just luck to get to the job or know someone well enuf to give u the job. not your degree or ur knowledge.

Reply With Quote
  #1413 (permalink)  
Old 05-04-2012, 04:32 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moron View Post
I started in 2005 at 3.8k at an IB. bonus was 6mths.
2006 at another IB at 5.2k. bonus was 6 mths.
2007 at another IB at 6.8k. bonus was 9 months.
2008 onwards was pnl driven.. 7.5k then 9k then now 14k. bonus wise.. ranges from 14-40 months.

no matter how many pple keep saying banking is sunset.. the rewards are still there. pte bankers still earn tonnes. hedgies earn even more. and we just do ntg but flip the coin. its just luck to get to the job or know someone well enuf to give u the job. not your degree or ur knowledge.
"we just do ntg but flip the coin. its just luck to get to the job or know someone well enuf"

very unfair right? i know life's unfair, but this is super unfair isn't it?

Reply With Quote
  #1414 (permalink)  
Old 05-04-2012, 04:47 PM
moron
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
"we just do ntg but flip the coin. its just luck to get to the job or know someone well enuf"

very unfair right? i know life's unfair, but this is super unfair isn't it?
yup it is indeed unfair, but to some extend we had to work for it. a good friend who is a successful trader/treasurer and a senior told me the road to success is made up of 3 parts.
1. Do what you do well
2. Know the right people
3. Make sure the right people know you

Number 3 is the crucial and most difficult part.

For those (like me) who did not have the privilege of attending ivy league and a rich family who has connections, we had to farm the way up by working hard, upgrading the degree to know the right pple and at the same time trying to know the right people up in the banks food chain. Not by tripod-ing them if u know what i mean. but by convincing them that you can be of use to them. whether u can or not is not impt, its the convincing part. thats why u see so many indians and caucasians who are totally useless but in mgt roles on trading floors. its about selling yourself.

money wise, yes it is unfair. we just get paid ridiculous compared to probably everyone else cept the top litigators, surgeons and CEOs of MNCs.
Reply With Quote
  #1415 (permalink)  
Old 05-04-2012, 05:49 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Luck?

You can call it as luck/fate/destiny or whatever that you like, yet you can work your way up if you're really persistance.

I have seen ppl who have no fancy degree, from non-ivy league, breaking into the ib, with lots of efforts put into the networking. You can do the same by taking initiative to speak with 50 or 100 ppl in the industry. All you need is just 1, just 1 soul out of these 50 or 100 who is willing to give you chance.
Reply With Quote
  #1416 (permalink)  
Old 06-04-2012, 03:33 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You can call it as luck/fate/destiny or whatever that you like, yet you can work your way up if you're really persistance.

I have seen ppl who have no fancy degree, from non-ivy league, breaking into the ib, with lots of efforts put into the networking. You can do the same by taking initiative to speak with 50 or 100 ppl in the industry. All you need is just 1, just 1 soul out of these 50 or 100 who is willing to give you chance.
Not being fatalistic here, but how many tried very hard and persisted, and yet still failed? There are only so many years in your working life, not forgetting there's also a sell-by age in many industries.
Reply With Quote

  #1417 (permalink)  
Old 06-04-2012, 06:24 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Not being fatalistic here, but how many tried very hard and persisted, and yet still failed? There are only so many years in your working life, not forgetting there's also a sell-by age in many industries.
Spot on. I have a MBA classmate who dreams about going into IB. I am not sure how hard he tried but it's been 5 years and last I know, he is working as a buyer in a MNCs.

It is good to try but also good to know when to give up.
Reply With Quote
  #1418 (permalink)  
Old 06-04-2012, 07:31 PM
Average Joe
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Income $230K per annum

I only own one landed property and two condos, all fully paid up.

CPF $200K

Cash $100K

Need to work harder to buy another condo

Wish me luck!
Reply With Quote
  #1419 (permalink)  
Old 06-04-2012, 09:08 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Annual: 130k
Bonus: 70k

Total: 200k

Worked in IB.
Reply With Quote
  #1420 (permalink)  
Old 08-04-2012, 10:35 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Annual: 130k
Bonus: 70k

Total: 200k

Worked in IB.
Your package is typical of 3rd year associate level in ib these days. Used to be bonus is >1 year, but now times are bad so your bonus is quite okay.
Last time, receiving this level of bonus is implictly telling you to leave before the axe falls upon you....
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bond, bond breaking, income pa, lawyer, saf

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Industries with Highest Proportion Earning 5-Figure Monthly Income Salary.sg Income and Jobs 23 06-08-2017 05:46 PM
Lawyer earning $25k/mth forged $65k payslip to get job Salary.sg Income and Jobs 2 30-12-2011 02:42 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Insurance Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
30 Replies, 11,839 Views
Local Uni Class of 2020 - COVID19... ( 1 2 3)
24 Replies, 2,470 Views
Career at Keppel
3 Replies, 152 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,112 Replies, 5,273,773 Views
What is the usual salary for...
1 Replies, 1,584 Views
MAS : Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
119 Replies, 94,352 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
250 Replies, 74,102 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,310 Replies, 1,467,102 Views
Job offer from Apple ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
395 Replies, 69,636 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,961 Replies, 2,181,927 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,689 Replies, 1,011,181 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
663 Replies, 325,090 Views
Our Poll Results: 45% Fresh... ( 1 2 3)
28 Replies, 15,368 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,573 Replies, 1,218,293 Views
Pay for digital marketing agencies
6 Replies, 1,761 Views
Life as a ICA Senior Officer ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
101 Replies, 120,477 Views
merit increment in civil service ( 1 2 3)
25 Replies, 36,987 Views
Fresh Grad from local U cant find... ( 1 2 3)
23 Replies, 2,396 Views
Marsh Graduate Development Program ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 1,038 Views
Big 4 firm rescind offers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
44 Replies, 9,767 Views
Save A LOT on your Vitamins
5 Replies, 3,100 Views
Which degree is the best return on... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
69 Replies, 13,826 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
877 Replies, 715,653 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
123 Replies, 79,570 Views
No progression in civil service... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
38 Replies, 20,792 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,867 Replies, 3,644,378 Views
[advice] Recruitment agency...
5 Replies, 617 Views
is computer science a good choice... ( 1 2)
10 Replies, 978 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 06:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2