How is life as a doctor in Singapore? - Page 380 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




How is life as a doctor in Singapore?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #3791 (permalink)  
Old 08-04-2022, 11:26 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Mmed can do c section then? Mai talk rubbish la
??
m.med cannot do c section independently unless u from from an alternate universe.
but so can't ur basic fracgp and ccfp.
so where is your basis of comparison that m.med fam med isn't up to the standard of ccfp and fracgp?
just cos u say so?
who are u to say so? u the father of f medicine? or some distinguished professor ?
just cos they are recognised as a ' speciliast' in their country, these fracgp and ccfp are better than sg m.med ?

grow up la.

really cannot argue with idiots. they bring u down their level and beat u with experience.

Reply With Quote
  #3792 (permalink)  
Old 08-04-2022, 12:55 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
??
m.med cannot do c section independently unless u from from an alternate universe.
but so can't ur basic fracgp and ccfp.
so where is your basis of comparison that m.med fam med isn't up to the standard of ccfp and fracgp?
just cos u say so?
who are u to say so? u the father of f medicine? or some distinguished professor ?
just cos they are recognised as a ' speciliast' in their country, these fracgp and ccfp are better than sg m.med ?

grow up la.

really cannot argue with idiots. they bring u down their level and beat u with experience.
Mmed can do or cannot do C section independently is not the crux
The crux is we are willing to do it independently and charge 13.80 for it.
The issue now is specialist charging too much.
So we gotta take on more of a procedural role in the future to reduce cost

Reply With Quote
  #3793 (permalink)  
Old 08-04-2022, 02:35 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
looks like MOH wants to upgrade the competency of the average gp. push all to get trained in fam med residency then eventually only some will get to work in OPS, rest go to gpland with MMED competency. pay is same but need to learn more. really masterstroke from moh
Yup that has is and always been the plan.
GDFM will soon be worthless in public sector, will need minimum MMed.
No more GDFM FP in OPS. Only MMed and above.
With many MMed-ers churned out from 3 SIs each year, gradually will also spill out into private sector.

Anw whatís all this rubbish about MMed vs ovs FM qualifications.
FM is highly contextualised to the place of practice.
Thereís no need to compare.

Reply With Quote
  #3794 (permalink)  
Old 08-04-2022, 04:19 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yup that has is and always been the plan.
GDFM will soon be worthless in public sector, will need minimum MMed.
No more GDFM FP in OPS. Only MMed and above.
With many MMed-ers churned out from 3 SIs each year, gradually will also spill out into private sector.

Anw whatís all this rubbish about MMed vs ovs FM qualifications.
FM is highly contextualised to the place of practice.
Thereís no need to compare.

rubbish is spew by a jelly overseas gp who realise his fracgp is worth **** in Singapore. haha.

not until gdfm is useless in private will sg fam med truly develop.
I mean have u seen how terrible some of the gdfmers are?! I wouldnt trust my enemies with them.

but yes u are right. standard is being step up.
gdfm osce will have real standardised patient this year and pe is needed next year
our gdfm is actually peg to fracgp standard if anyone truly wants to know and moving towards global impression instead of strict pass fail criteria , ie mini m.med standard.
Reply With Quote
  #3795 (permalink)  
Old 08-04-2022, 06:21 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
rubbish is spew by a jelly overseas gp who realise his fracgp is worth **** in Singapore. haha.

not until gdfm is useless in private will sg fam med truly develop.
I mean have u seen how terrible some of the gdfmers are?! I wouldnt trust my enemies with them.

but yes u are right. standard is being step up.
gdfm osce will have real standardised patient this year and pe is needed next year
our gdfm is actually peg to fracgp standard if anyone truly wants to know and moving towards global impression instead of strict pass fail criteria , ie mini m.med standard.
Why standardized patient and not real patient?
U mean gdfm dunno how to do physical exam?

To be honest if mmed cannot do c section what's the difference between gdfm and mmed
Reply With Quote
  #3796 (permalink)  
Old 08-04-2022, 08:36 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Obs is only about c section? Mmed really lacking in OB competency.


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote

  #3797 (permalink)  
Old 08-04-2022, 09:28 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
rubbish is spew by a jelly overseas gp who realise his fracgp is worth **** in Singapore. haha.

not until gdfm is useless in private will sg fam med truly develop.
I mean have u seen how terrible some of the gdfmers are?! I wouldnt trust my enemies with them.

but yes u are right. standard is being step up.
gdfm osce will have real standardised patient this year and pe is needed next year
our gdfm is actually peg to fracgp standard if anyone truly wants to know and moving towards global impression instead of strict pass fail criteria , ie mini m.med standard.
Jelly is you mmeders la. Talk so big about mmed.
Your mmed go any first world country cmi. Thats why you all stuck in sg. Enjoy your little red dot.
Reply With Quote
  #3798 (permalink)  
Old 08-04-2022, 11:58 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

For tax purpose, if i locum on top of hospital work is it self employed
Reply With Quote
  #3799 (permalink)  
Old 09-04-2022, 12:35 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
For tax purpose, if i locum on top of hospital work is it self employed
It is a violation of your employment contract. That's what it is.
For tax purposes yes self employed. But very easy for your hospital to know you locum when they check with IRAS.
Reply With Quote
  #3800 (permalink)  
Old 09-04-2022, 12:51 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It is a violation of your employment contract. That's what it is.
For tax purposes yes self employed. But very easy for your hospital to know you locum when they check with IRAS.
No. You canít just go to IRAS and request to see what tax someone has declared.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What work-life balance? Salary.sg Income and Jobs 3 04-08-2022 11:49 PM
What happened to Life Sciences? Salary.sg Education and Personal Growth 50 22-05-2013 12:58 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,491 Replies, 3,128,021 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
603 Replies, 313,190 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
19,518 Replies, 8,726,548 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,504 Replies, 792,724 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
441 Replies, 210,478 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,520 Replies, 3,812,931 Views
Civil/Public Sector -... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
423 Replies, 347,697 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,330 Replies, 3,941,606 Views
Tech bros...how is your market... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
53 Replies, 9,198 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,417 Replies, 1,751,748 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,752 Replies, 3,967,065 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,522 Replies, 5,188,723 Views
Management Consultant MBB Big4 etc... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
262 Replies, 150,465 Views
MOM(ACE) offers good career... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
101 Replies, 49,319 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,804 Replies, 1,098,903 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,534 Replies, 2,664,388 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
15,521 Replies, 11,047,477 Views
ITE (lecturer) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
264 Replies, 324,535 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,343 Replies, 1,193,336 Views
How much CPF do u have? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
78 Replies, 53,316 Views
Band 4 and Band 5 in Standard... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
56 Replies, 128,868 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,067 Replies, 6,021,273 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,187 Replies, 898,490 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,194 Replies, 947,591 Views
Career as SIA Overseas Scholar
5 Replies, 749 Views
HTX (Home Team Science and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
275 Replies, 129,207 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,234 Replies, 581,027 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,835 Replies, 1,448,061 Views
What are BAND 5 positions -...
8 Replies, 1,084 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
464 Replies, 363,667 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 03:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2