Lawyer Salary - Page 557 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Lawyer Salary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #5561 (permalink)  
Old 25-05-2020, 12:45 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I can only get a job by connections and being a glorified trainee for years and the firm has put me out of a job. I had to beg and do all means necessary to get my job back. Now they have terminated me again.

What can I do? Plz advise me

Reply With Quote
  #5562 (permalink)  
Old 25-05-2020, 12:51 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I can only get a job by connections and being a glorified trainee for years and the firm has put me out of a job. I had to beg and do all means necessary to get my job back. Now they have terminated me again.

What can I do? Plz advise me
feel your pain for being let-go.. but do steel yourself and move away from the negative energies.. for a start, begin by doing up your resume and go job hunting? move on and no point wallowing in past glories

dont quite catch the bit on "I can only get a job by connections".. things are not served on a silver platter and you need to put in effort to seek out your future

Reply With Quote
  #5563 (permalink)  
Old 25-05-2020, 01:03 PM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Singapore
Posts: 13
SubbuPD is on a distinguished road
Default

4000 to 8500

Reply With Quote
  #5564 (permalink)  
Old 25-05-2020, 01:17 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
feel your pain for being let-go.. but do steel yourself and move away from the negative energies.. for a start, begin by doing up your resume and go job hunting? move on and no point wallowing in past glories

dont quite catch the bit on "I can only get a job by connections".. things are not served on a silver platter and you need to put in effort to seek out your future
My friends and family think I am a moron for begging to stay after being retrenched...
Reply With Quote
  #5565 (permalink)  
Old 25-05-2020, 01:20 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hi seniors, any practical advice for doing well at work? What are some practices that did (or didn't) work for you when you started your job? Or what do you dislike seeing in young lawyers?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #5566 (permalink)  
Old 25-05-2020, 01:24 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi seniors, any practical advice for doing well at work? What are some practices that did (or didn't) work for you when you started your job? Or what do you dislike seeing in young lawyers?

Thanks.
I dislike it when you get the trainee to do my work. If you get him to do so, what the f am I paying you for
Reply With Quote

  #5567 (permalink)  
Old 25-05-2020, 01:31 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I can only get a job by connections and being a glorified trainee for years and the firm has put me out of a job. I had to beg and do all means necessary to get my job back. Now they have terminated me again.

What can I do? Plz advise me
Can I ask were you that famous paralegal acting as a big shot? I heard about your story, sorry girl
Reply With Quote
  #5568 (permalink)  
Old 25-05-2020, 01:42 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I dislike it when you get the trainee to do my work. If you get him to do so, what the f am I paying you for
To train the trainee by making the trainee do the work, and then fixing the trainee's mistakes and taking responsibility for the final product

If the trainee doesnt get to try some of the legal work during tc, then performance as an nql will suffer
Reply With Quote
  #5569 (permalink)  
Old 25-05-2020, 01:44 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
To train the trainee by making the trainee do the work, and then fixing the trainee's mistakes and taking responsibility for the final product

If the trainee doesnt get to try some of the legal work during tc, then performance as an nql will suffer
But we're not retaining trainees why should we train them to join competitors? They can just do printing and binding
Reply With Quote
  #5570 (permalink)  
Old 25-05-2020, 03:23 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

The dessert is just nice
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
advocate, law, lawyer, legal, solicitor

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
From Lawyer Insider: Life is Glamorous but Unsatisfying Salary.sg Income and Jobs 31 15-01-2018 12:40 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,861 Replies, 5,257,011 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,225 Replies, 3,880,415 Views
If you can't find a company here... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
144 Replies, 55,134 Views
Software Engineer 0-3 YOE pay? ( 1 2 3)
29 Replies, 22,961 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,309 Replies, 667,526 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,936 Replies, 2,954,756 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,592 Replies, 1,434,846 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
21,267 Replies, 10,626,739 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,407 Replies, 6,982,713 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,865 Replies, 1,615,261 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,468 Replies, 3,536,927 Views
Should I take up the P/T...
1 Replies, 3,308 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,973 Replies, 4,806,182 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,466 Replies, 2,470,055 Views
Work in SMU ( 1 2 3)
22 Replies, 6,754 Views
Cybersecurity/Info security career ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
516 Replies, 279,594 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,809 Replies, 2,462,910 Views
Whats your net worth ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,962 Replies, 1,413,448 Views
LTA (Land Transport Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
832 Replies, 440,622 Views
Maritime and Port Authority of... ( 1 2 3)
22 Replies, 21,675 Views
HTX (Home Team Science and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
888 Replies, 419,647 Views
Singapore Airlines ( 1 2 3)
25 Replies, 14,370 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,176 Replies, 1,122,157 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,835 Replies, 1,544,460 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,570 Replies, 685,454 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
938 Replies, 545,954 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
771 Replies, 448,201 Views
Working in SMRT ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
45 Replies, 61,493 Views
GovTech Tech Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
372 Replies, 260,928 Views
Micron starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
707 Replies, 412,325 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 08:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2