Lawyer Salary - Page 470 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Lawyer Salary

 Citibank Cash Back Card - up to $350 cash back* - Click to Apply Now 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #4691 (permalink)  
Old 25-08-2019, 11:22 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Local uni grads are just damn jealous about almost everything.
Especially if they obtained only a 2:2 from NUS/SMU law.
The way they talk, think, analyze, etc all reeks of persistent jealousy and deep inferiority complex.
They can only hide their sorry state through belittling others who graduate from overseas universities. Itís a sorry state of affairs.
It doesnít help that the local grads with FCH go on to do LLM from Oxbridge and Harvard thereby perpetuating the feeling of inadequacy and uselessness for anyone with less than a FCH from the local unis.

Reply With Quote
  #4692 (permalink)  
Old 26-08-2019, 06:18 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

s://.bbc.com/news/education-48951653

"The higher education watchdog also examined why the proportion awarded top degrees might have risen from 16% to 29%, such as students arriving from school with better qualifications.

But the analysis found much of the increase could not be explained.

The figures showed over 40,000 more students graduated with firsts last summer than in the cohort of seven years before.

Mr Hinds said that if universities were giving many more top degrees without a legitimate reason, it was unfair on those who had studied to the same standard in previous years.


The watchdog showed the changes in students awarded first-class degrees between 2010-11 and 2017-18, including:

Imperial College London from 31% to 46%
University of Huddersfield: 15% to 40%
University College London: 24% to 40%
Durham University: 18% to 38%
University of East Anglia: 14% to 39%
University of Northumbria: 16% to 35%
University of West London: 13% to 34%
Staffordshire University: 14% to 34%

The study also looked at those awarded either first or upper-second class degrees (2:1s). These now account for the great majority of degrees.

In the University of Bristol, 92% of students are awarded either a first or 2:1 and at Cambridge 94% reach this threshold.



SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iPhone


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #4693 (permalink)  
Old 26-08-2019, 06:22 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
s://.bbc.com/news/education-48951653

"The higher education watchdog also examined why the proportion awarded top degrees might have risen from 16% to 29%, such as students arriving from school with better qualifications.

But the analysis found much of the increase could not be explained.

The figures showed over 40,000 more students graduated with firsts last summer than in the cohort of seven years before.

Mr Hinds said that if universities were giving many more top degrees without a legitimate reason, it was unfair on those who had studied to the same standard in previous years.


The watchdog showed the changes in students awarded first-class degrees between 2010-11 and 2017-18, including:

Imperial College London from 31% to 46%
University of Huddersfield: 15% to 40%
University College London: 24% to 40%
Durham University: 18% to 38%
University of East Anglia: 14% to 39%
University of Northumbria: 16% to 35%
University of West London: 13% to 34%
Staffordshire University: 14% to 34%

The study also looked at those awarded either first or upper-second class degrees (2:1s). These now account for the great majority of degrees.

In the University of Bristol, 92% of students are awarded either a first or 2:1 and at Cambridge 94% reach this threshold.
The problem, imo, is that grade inflation is rampant in UK universities. The FCH and 2:1 grads are definitely of a different quality than their equivalents 7 years ago

Reply With Quote
  #4694 (permalink)  
Old 26-08-2019, 06:52 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
s://.bbc.com/news/education-48951653

"The higher education watchdog also examined why the proportion awarded top degrees might have risen from 16% to 29%, such as students arriving from school with better qualifications.

But the analysis found much of the increase could not be explained.

The figures showed over 40,000 more students graduated with firsts last summer than in the cohort of seven years before.

Mr Hinds said that if universities were giving many more top degrees without a legitimate reason, it was unfair on those who had studied to the same standard in previous years.


The watchdog showed the changes in students awarded first-class degrees between 2010-11 and 2017-18, including:

Imperial College London from 31% to 46%
University of Huddersfield: 15% to 40%
University College London: 24% to 40%
Durham University: 18% to 38%
University of East Anglia: 14% to 39%
University of Northumbria: 16% to 35%
University of West London: 13% to 34%
Staffordshire University: 14% to 34%

The study also looked at those awarded either first or upper-second class degrees (2:1s). These now account for the great majority of degrees.

In the University of Bristol, 92% of students are awarded either a first or 2:1 and at Cambridge 94% reach this threshold.
These are general stats, not law. There are alot of degree specializations where FC is super easy to get.
Law only ,will be much lower.
Reply With Quote
  #4695 (permalink)  
Old 26-08-2019, 06:55 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Local uni grads are just damn jealous about almost everything.
Especially if they obtained only a 2:2 from NUS/SMU law.
The way they talk, think, analyze, etc all reeks of persistent jealousy and deep inferiority complex.
They can only hide their sorry state through belittling others who graduate from overseas universities. Itís a sorry state of affairs.
It doesnít help that the local grads with FCH go on to do LLM from Oxbridge and Harvard thereby perpetuating the feeling of inadequacy and uselessness for anyone with less than a FCH from the local unis.
top 65 per cent to 68 per cent of each cohort in NUS will get 2:1/ FCH.

2:2s are bottom of the barrel either way, no wonder they feel jealous and inferior.
Reply With Quote
  #4696 (permalink)  
Old 26-08-2019, 07:08 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If someone goes to a degree mill in the UK/Oz and comes back with an easy first class degree, does that person have self respect? Technically these are PAID degrees not EARNED degrees.
Crybaby, yes everyone else's first and 2:1 are damn easy degrees, only yur 2:2 is super hard to get, pitae u,

Crybaby, yes, yur nus/smu frenz dont study, also score higher than u, pitae u... yes u work damn hard fo yur nus/smu grades ikno ikno, pitae u

Crybaby, yes, ikno ikno, unfortunately u M, if not u might just seduce ur prof for a better grade, pitae u

Crybabae, have u ever thought maybe its yur iq low, not because its hard? pitae u
Reply With Quote

  #4697 (permalink)  
Old 26-08-2019, 10:17 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Uk jlc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
s://.bbc.com/news/education-48951653

"The higher education watchdog also examined why the proportion awarded top degrees might have risen from 16% to 29%, such as students arriving from school with better qualifications.

But the analysis found much of the increase could not be explained.

The figures showed over 40,000 more students graduated with firsts last summer than in the cohort of seven years before.

Mr Hinds said that if universities were giving many more top degrees without a legitimate reason, it was unfair on those who had studied to the same standard in previous years.


The watchdog showed the changes in students awarded first-class degrees between 2010-11 and 2017-18, including:

Imperial College London from 31% to 46%
University of Huddersfield: 15% to 40%
University College London: 24% to 40%
Durham University: 18% to 38%
University of East Anglia: 14% to 39%
University of Northumbria: 16% to 35%
University of West London: 13% to 34%
Staffordshire University: 14% to 34%

The study also looked at those awarded either first or upper-second class degrees (2:1s). These now account for the great majority of degrees.

In the University of Bristol, 92% of students are awarded either a first or 2:1 and at Cambridge 94% reach this threshold.
Once new ceca bill pass and wages gets depressed by lowballing cecas with chennai uni LLBs, we shall see if local grads will still whine and bit*h about their UK compatriots with a premeditated plan B.
Reply With Quote
  #4698 (permalink)  
Old 26-08-2019, 10:30 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

A NUS First is so so much easier to get than a NUS 2:2
why.
Someone with a low IQ who works hard may end up with a 2:2.
This doesn't mean that a NUS First is not easy for someone with a high IQ.
Idiots


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iPhone


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #4699 (permalink)  
Old 27-08-2019, 12:06 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Crybaby, yes everyone else's first and 2:1 are damn easy degrees, only yur 2:2 is super hard to get, pitae u,

Crybaby, yes, yur nus/smu frenz dont study, also score higher than u, pitae u... yes u work damn hard fo yur nus/smu grades ikno ikno, pitae u

Crybaby, yes, ikno ikno, unfortunately u M, if not u might just seduce ur prof for a better grade, pitae u

Crybabae, have u ever thought maybe its yur iq low, not because its hard? pitae u
Actly a 2:2 shows in the personís character as well.
Bcos they donít have raw talent, their only talent is to put others done.
Talk very loud, resort to dirty tricks to put others down.
Whatís new for a 2:2 local grad? Nothing
Reply With Quote
  #4700 (permalink)  
Old 27-08-2019, 11:37 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

dreading call tmrw tbqh

earn 5k actually nbd when u divide by hours i clock. earn less than deliveroo / hr nia. also more stressful, deliveroo at most worry about langa old ppl.

inb4 if u dont want nus/kcl/ceca/2:2 will take ur job

they are quite frankly welcome to it, i see how long they can do it for. if cannot tank until senior assoc dun talk k. hard mode: dun pay doctor for anything during this time
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
advocate, law, lawyer, legal, solicitor

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
From Lawyer Insider: Life is Glamorous but Unsatisfying Salary.sg Income and Jobs 31 15-01-2018 12:40 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,923 Replies, 1,087,803 Views
Third Party Contract From...
3 Replies, 92 Views
GovTech career grade ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
115 Replies, 136,476 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,069 Replies, 1,287,684 Views
Starting Pay for CS/Ministries... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
98 Replies, 19,427 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,300 Replies, 1,912,076 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,663 Replies, 2,625,782 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,131 Replies, 5,596,305 Views
Can anyone enlighten me on the... ( 1 2)
10 Replies, 17,823 Views
How much do you earn and save? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
108 Replies, 15,093 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,680 Replies, 1,611,942 Views
Mid-Year Civil Servant Bonus 2019 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,637 Replies, 785,083 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
327 Replies, 99,630 Views
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,093 Replies, 501,539 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,300 Replies, 910,386 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,201 Replies, 974,819 Views
Anyone being hired during covid... ( 1 2 3)
28 Replies, 2,523 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
166 Replies, 78,043 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
72 Replies, 112,905 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
394 Replies, 251,926 Views
Lendlease Graduate Program 2021...
0 Replies, 113 Views
Credit Risk Salary
0 Replies, 84 Views
DBS Management Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,797 Replies, 274,501 Views
Mortgage Specialist Role.
2 Replies, 1,491 Views
Possible to earn passive income... ( 1 2)
18 Replies, 4,385 Views
Anyone work for Casino (RWS/MBS) ?... ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 8,866 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
690 Replies, 212,893 Views
What's the graduate officer... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
56 Replies, 13,546 Views
Tax ( 1 2)
15 Replies, 3,699 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 11:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2