Lawyer Salary - Page 570 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Lawyer Salary

Citibank Lazada Credit Card, Free $150 Lazada Vouchers* - Click to Apply Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #5691 (permalink)  
Old 29-05-2020, 04:40 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Heard from a recruiter (but cannot confirm) that no corp trainees were retained.
Ouch that's terrible. ):

Reply With Quote
  #5692 (permalink)  
Old 29-05-2020, 05:02 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Lmao no wonder the undergrads with 6-7% acceptance get to laugh at the LLMs. Didn't know it was easy to get into, thought you'd need a good 2.1 from a reputable university
i actually know of people who got accepted into Oxbridge but not LSE for LLB. i also have never heard of any NUS folk being rejected by LSE LLM...it's always a guaranteed for NUS because NUS is well recognised.

heard that for the US LLMs they have much lower acceptance rates for Singaporeans. for example, columbia LLM takes in maybe at most 5 Singaporeans (and mostly need work experience), penn LLM takes in 1 or 2 Singaporeans.

in any case, LLM is not useful for practice, and as long as the school sounds reputable and you take some relevant LLM courses, i'm sure it would suffice lah.

Reply With Quote
  #5693 (permalink)  
Old 29-05-2020, 05:04 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

anyone knows if retention rate at A&G is 100%? is it a safe haven?

Reply With Quote
  #5694 (permalink)  
Old 29-05-2020, 05:14 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i actually know of people who got accepted into Oxbridge but not LSE for LLB. i also have never heard of any NUS folk being rejected by LSE LLM...it's always a guaranteed for NUS because NUS is well recognised.

heard that for the US LLMs they have much lower acceptance rates for Singaporeans. for example, columbia LLM takes in maybe at most 5 Singaporeans (and mostly need work experience), penn LLM takes in 1 or 2 Singaporeans.

in any case, LLM is not useful for practice, and as long as the school sounds reputable and you take some relevant LLM courses, i'm sure it would suffice lah.
Very odd, no doubt NUS is well recognised but I never saw any NUS LLBs doing LLMs there. Not a single one... maybe they steer clear

And yeah LLMs are not useful
Reply With Quote
  #5695 (permalink)  
Old 29-05-2020, 06:09 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Ouch that's terrible. ):
Hey donít hate on us. We do Wall Street work, not High Street work, and pay top dolla to our associates. Those guys couldnít cut it, and they had to be let go.

But all is well, we plan to hire 2PQEs and above who have been or are about to be retrenched by the bigger firms and pay them much less than their last drawn.
Reply With Quote
  #5696 (permalink)  
Old 29-05-2020, 06:13 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Very odd, no doubt NUS is well recognised but I never saw any NUS LLBs doing LLMs there. Not a single one... maybe they steer clear

And yeah LLMs are not useful
i know that doing a LLM is a relatively rare phenomena because the tuition fees are prohibitively expensive. just wanted to share that i'm your average second upper from NUS. as a back-up, applied to several LLM programs, and was admitted to LSE and UCL. however, i didn't pursue it in the end because i wanted to gain some PQE and try for LLMs in the US. have a friend who went to LSE to do his LLM and i think he had great fun. work sucks, so one more year of school doesn't hurt.
Reply With Quote

  #5697 (permalink)  
Old 29-05-2020, 06:23 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i know that doing a LLM is a relatively rare phenomena because the tuition fees are prohibitively expensive. just wanted to share that i'm your average second upper from NUS. as a back-up, applied to several LLM programs, and was admitted to LSE and UCL. however, i didn't pursue it in the end because i wanted to gain some PQE and try for LLMs in the US. have a friend who went to LSE to do his LLM and i think he had great fun. work sucks, so one more year of school doesn't hurt.
Good choice. Ya llm is a waste
Reply With Quote
  #5698 (permalink)  
Old 29-05-2020, 06:26 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hey donít hate on us. We do Wall Street work, not High Street work, and pay top dolla to our associates. Those guys couldnít cut it, and they had to be let go.

But all is well, we plan to hire 2PQEs and above who have been or are about to be retrenched by the bigger firms and pay them much less than their last drawn.
LOL you sound like a true TSMPer.

I don't think those acquisitions are sound in a post pandemic world.
Reply With Quote
  #5699 (permalink)  
Old 29-05-2020, 06:30 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i know that doing a LLM is a relatively rare phenomena because the tuition fees are prohibitively expensive. just wanted to share that i'm your average second upper from NUS. as a back-up, applied to several LLM programs, and was admitted to LSE and UCL. however, i didn't pursue it in the end because i wanted to gain some PQE and try for LLMs in the US. have a friend who went to LSE to do his LLM and i think he had great fun. work sucks, so one more year of school doesn't hurt.
Nice congrats. How much is an LLM there? I know it's really pricey. The business of education again.. I read that it's a 25% admission rate for LLMs didn't know it was that easy vs undergrad 6.5-7%.
Reply With Quote
  #5700 (permalink)  
Old 29-05-2020, 07:39 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Nice congrats. How much is an LLM there? I know it's really pricey. The business of education again.. I read that it's a 25% admission rate for LLMs didn't know it was that easy vs undergrad 6.5-7%.
for tuition fees alone, around 40K SGD for UK LLM, and 70-90K SGD for US LLM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
advocate, law, lawyer, legal, solicitor

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
From Lawyer Insider: Life is Glamorous but Unsatisfying Salary.sg Income and Jobs 31 15-01-2018 12:40 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,280 Replies, 903,480 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,423 Replies, 2,575,994 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,884 Replies, 1,079,076 Views
MFA- Foreign Service...
4 Replies, 188 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,285 Replies, 1,898,921 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,062 Replies, 5,563,164 Views
DBS Management Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,635 Replies, 263,597 Views
Officer Role in Bank of Tokyo -... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
185 Replies, 144,485 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,643 Replies, 1,597,628 Views
[advice] Recruitment agency... ( 1 2)
13 Replies, 1,652 Views
Any Kaplan students here can land... ( 1 2)
13 Replies, 553 Views
Tax ( 1 2)
10 Replies, 3,273 Views
anyone working at NCS ? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
383 Replies, 285,182 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
368 Replies, 249,084 Views
What's the graduate officer... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
49 Replies, 11,912 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,173 Replies, 962,856 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
145 Replies, 73,030 Views
Self-Employed in SG by Overseas...
2 Replies, 170 Views
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,082 Replies, 497,270 Views
Whats your net worth ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,723 Replies, 794,318 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
659 Replies, 208,348 Views
Sign On After 30? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
32 Replies, 2,545 Views
Job Search hacks ( 1 2 3)
23 Replies, 1,760 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,065 Replies, 1,283,130 Views
Citibank Singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
107 Replies, 48,885 Views
FEE PE Exam ( Electrical )
2 Replies, 1,782 Views
React / Node JS Developer,...
0 Replies, 88 Views
Salary working for SEA FP&A... ( 1 2)
17 Replies, 2,240 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 01:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2