DBS Management Associate Program 2015 - Page 21 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




DBS Management Associate Program 2015

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #201 (permalink)  
Old 21-02-2019, 11:05 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
There are more than 1 current or past MAs sharing in this thread?
Yes. I am one of them. The people sharing should still be in DBS to know about the changes as a briefing was held a few months ago for those in the MA programme - past and present batches.

Personally I do not think changing the programme will address the problem of high attrition rate. If you know what you want to do in the bank why do you want to be rotated and in just 1 track? What if during 1st rotation you do not like the track that you have chosen? You will be stuck for 1.5 years. After that you can choose to be posted to any group for the next 2 years but as you have not done any rotation in the other 2 groups how do you know that you will like it? You are not a fresh graduate in a GA programme. How many years do you intend to use to explore your career options?

I joined the MA programme as a fresh graduate. I had done rotation in all groups. I didn't like my 2nd rotation and I was glad it was only for 5 months. So I have ruled out a posting to that group. The current MA programme gives me the exposure to the various group. This exposure will no longer be available to the 2019 batch.

It is not the programme that causes the high attrition rate. It's the lack of transparency, the feeling of not being valued, the feeling of being conned ( giving me a good starting pay and then taking it away with the low and unfair compensation), the constant changes during the programme which give rise to uncertainties etc. The HR is not listening to the feedback of the MAs .

Reply With Quote
  #202 (permalink)  
Old 21-02-2019, 11:06 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I applied for the program and only completed up till the pymetrics stage. Have not received any update for pli. Not sure if it is the end of my recruitment journey.
-A
When did you take the Pymetrics? I waited many weeks before the PLI. Hang in there.

Yes, I was also thinking whether extending it to people with 2-3 years work experience was because the fresh grads were leaving and they wanted people whom were more sure that this would be the career path they wanted.

Does anyone know how many MAs they will take in this year and if we (in SG) still have to do the video interview? Another poster above from Jakarta stated he did not have video interview.

Reply With Quote
  #203 (permalink)  
Old 21-02-2019, 11:20 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
When did you take the Pymetrics? I waited many weeks before the PLI. Hang in there.

Yes, I was also thinking whether extending it to people with 2-3 years work experience was because the fresh grads were leaving and they wanted people whom were more sure that this would be the career path they wanted.

Does anyone know how many MAs they will take in this year and if we (in SG) still have to do the video interview? Another poster above from Jakarta stated he did not have video interview.
Fresh grads were leaving not because they were unsure of their career path. It's because they were pissed off and decided to join other financial institutions/banks with better remuneration package and career prospects. Matured grads as well as there were matured grads in every batch. The recruitment criteria was never strictly adhered to. Every batch you have fresh and matured grads , master and bachelor degree holders.

Reply With Quote
  #204 (permalink)  
Old 22-02-2019, 07:06 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is the company still trying to short list more MA? How many MA do Dbs take in per year?
Well, HR has blatantly told senior management CVs this year are lackluster and that 30-40% come from an audit background.

Usually around 20 MAs per batch
Reply With Quote
  #205 (permalink)  
Old 22-02-2019, 07:20 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Well, HR has blatantly told senior management CVs this year are lackluster and that 30-40% come from an audit background.

Usually around 20 MAs per batch
Hahaha I was guessing a majority of applicants would be auditors, advisory and engineers.

Could I ask if itís the norm to wait a month between stages?

Pymetrics - 1 month wait
PLI - 1 month wait
Reply With Quote
  #206 (permalink)  
Old 22-02-2019, 03:52 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Unhappy

Would-be MAs take note. Donít be conned!

What a joke! The compensation system really sucks! HR and compensation team better go back to school and learn the meaning of reward and performance. And learn your Math too!

Increment is not related to performance grading. Band 1, 2 or 3 all same increment. Same absolute amount. Master grads increment less than non master grads both in terms of absolute amount and %. So Band 1 master grads ended up with less increment than band 2 and 3 non master grads. What logic is this! The higher your salary base the more pathetic your increment in % .

Bonus is so called performance based but the difference between the different bands is so marginal. Slogged the whole year for nothing. Bonus not in terms of number of months. An absolute amount for each band. Calculation by month band 1 master grads ended up less than band 2 non master grads.

Hello HR and compensation team you sure you passed your Math in school?

2018 was a good year for DBS yet the good results not reflected in the MAs bonus . In-programme analysts have bigger bonuses .

Higher starting pay but lower compensation. Ended up annual income not great at all. Like what is mentioned in some of the posts above Ė enticed us with a good starting pay then take back from our increment and bonus.

HR if you are reading this thread take note. No point keep changing the programme to tackle the high attrition rate. Treat the MAs like fools and you expect to retain them after the 2 year programme? Morale is so low this week when the MAs received their compensation letter. Many are saying time to look for another job! A wasted investment in the MA programme if you canít retain the MAs!
Reply With Quote

  #207 (permalink)  
Old 22-02-2019, 04:50 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Anyone past PLI?
Reply With Quote
  #208 (permalink)  
Old 22-02-2019, 08:02 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Anyone past PLI?
No news mate, anyone emailed or contacted HR?
Reply With Quote
  #209 (permalink)  
Old 23-02-2019, 10:54 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Think we will wait till end Feb or early Mar when applications close once and for all.
Reply With Quote
  #210 (permalink)  
Old 23-02-2019, 07:20 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Would-be MAs take note. Donít be conned!

What a joke! The compensation system really sucks! HR and compensation team better go back to school and learn the meaning of reward and performance. And learn your Math too!

Increment is not related to performance grading. Band 1, 2 or 3 all same increment. Same absolute amount. Master grads increment less than non master grads both in terms of absolute amount and %. So Band 1 master grads ended up with less increment than band 2 and 3 non master grads. What logic is this! The higher your salary base the more pathetic your increment in % .

Bonus is so called performance based but the difference between the different bands is so marginal. Slogged the whole year for nothing. Bonus not in terms of number of months. An absolute amount for each band. Calculation by month band 1 master grads ended up less than band 2 non master grads.

Hello HR and compensation team you sure you passed your Math in school?

2018 was a good year for DBS yet the good results not reflected in the MAs bonus . In-programme analysts have bigger bonuses .

Higher starting pay but lower compensation. Ended up annual income not great at all. Like what is mentioned in some of the posts above Ė enticed us with a good starting pay then take back from our increment and bonus.

HR if you are reading this thread take note. No point keep changing the programme to tackle the high attrition rate. Treat the MAs like fools and you expect to retain them after the 2 year programme? Morale is so low this week when the MAs received their compensation letter. Many are saying time to look for another job! A wasted investment in the MA programme if you canít retain the MAs!
Hi, anyone else can vouch for this? I'm seriously considering to apply for the MA programme but if this is true, I'll have second thoughts..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Q: Management Associate at SGX Saab Income and Jobs 8 06-04-2019 06:38 PM
Insurance Management Associate Program (IMAP) Cron Income and Jobs 8 07-05-2017 12:07 AM
2015 OCBC Postgraduate MA Program Neimar Income and Jobs 49 19-11-2014 11:08 AM
Management Associate Program hexengeist Income and Jobs 0 05-09-2013 01:40 PM
Dive Management Associate Program Rickykoh Marketplace and Find Work 0 20-01-2013 12:30 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Mid-Year Civil Servant Bonus 2018 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
37 Replies, 55,278 Views
Need career advice : quit 9 month... ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 1,098 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,081 Replies, 4,534,091 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,287 Replies, 1,527,105 Views
DBS Management Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,015 Replies, 136,953 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,344 Replies, 1,108,935 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
602 Replies, 649,578 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,147 Replies, 788,368 Views
Constituency Manager (People... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
687 Replies, 346,739 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,518 Replies, 390,156 Views
Working in HDB ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
285 Replies, 208,275 Views
How to get into Banking industry? ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 837 Views
NUS working environment and pay... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
61 Replies, 45,141 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,322 Replies, 463,739 Views
GovTech career grade ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
63 Replies, 67,848 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,504 Replies, 631,900 Views
Whats your net worth ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,667 Replies, 699,217 Views
Advice needed!! SPF Senior police... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
64 Replies, 122,653 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,674 Replies, 3,364,246 Views
Anyone working in NTU... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
82 Replies, 78,660 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,637 Replies, 1,098,706 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,381 Replies, 1,438,860 Views
Private Banking Client Services...
8 Replies, 4,345 Views
Private Banking Salaries ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
76 Replies, 93,794 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,175 Replies, 888,442 Views
share your instant death at... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
31 Replies, 12,371 Views
Pharmacy or Chemical Engineering ( 1 2 3)
28 Replies, 7,377 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
271 Replies, 113,630 Views
New EC at Sumang Walk
0 Replies, 96 Views
Interested in Position of VP... ( 1 2)
16 Replies, 16,939 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 05:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2