Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Retrenchment In Singapore

Old 03-06-2013, 12:48 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, I appreciate my wife very much. She is a good wife. She understands my situation and willing to adjust our lifestyle. She said I have been a good, faithful husband who had showered her and my kids with an enjoyable life for so long - nice, big condo, big car, expensive holidays to Europe, Americas twice a year, branded bags, jewelry, etc. With her pay, all these would not have been possible, it was my big pay check that funds our luxurious lifestyle. But now it is time for us to normalize to the lifestyle of the average Singaporean. We don't see each other as investments but if we do, I would be her greatest investment and wealth generating asset any woman would love to marry (before my retrenchment that is).
She is lucky to have you as a husband. Not many husbands are as faithful and loving as you. Wish my hubby is like you.

Old 03-06-2013, 07:24 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
She is lucky to have you as a husband. Not many husbands are as faithful and loving as you. Wish my hubby is like you.
Sorry to hear about your husband. Nowadays, not only do husbands go astray. There are also bitch wives who do the same. Just read the papers, so many cases. These folks will surely go to hell.

Old 04-06-2013, 12:28 PM
Unregistered

It is important to buy a house that is above what you can normally afford. History has shown that during retrenchment it allows you to downgrade, unlock huge gains and then reinvest the gains to another condo to earn passive income. Testedn & proven way.

Old 04-06-2013, 12:38 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
It is important to buy a house that is above what you can normally afford. History has shown that during retrenchment it allows you to downgrade, unlock huge gains and then reinvest the gains to another condo to earn passive income. Testedn & proven way.
Sure it sounds good..but the catch is that your property must correspondingly rise in value, if it goes down you are worse off coz u still need to pay the large loan that you borrowed from the bank. Oh yeah, when do retrenchment takes place normally? I guess 90% of the time its during downturn and during downturn, it mean things are on fire salel so which means will your property goes up or down? I guess u got the answer in your heart.

Investment sounds good in theory but do you got the guts to execute it or even the foresight? If you are just a normal average salary joe, then investment is always a game for the rich.
Old 04-06-2013, 12:54 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Sure it sounds good..but the catch is that your property must correspondingly rise in value, if it goes down you are worse off coz u still need to pay the large loan that you borrowed from the bank. Oh yeah, when do retrenchment takes place normally? I guess 90% of the time its during downturn and during downturn, it mean things are on fire salel so which means will your property goes up or down? I guess u got the answer in your heart.

Investment sounds good in theory but do you got the guts to execute it or even the foresight? If you are just a normal average salary joe, then investment is always a game for the rich.
This is the theory everyone says but never happen. Look at 2008, all say end of the world, economy collapsing and all the anti-property people say crash is coming. In the end what happen?

A slight 10%-15% correction for <1 year followed by a massive increase once again. Do not confuse economy / stock market downturn with properties.
Old 04-06-2013, 01:57 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
This is the theory everyone says but never happen. Look at 2008, all say end of the world, economy collapsing and all the anti-property people say crash is coming. In the end what happen?

A slight 10%-15% correction for <1 year followed by a massive increase once again. Do not confuse economy / stock market downturn with properties.

A slight 10%-15% is more than enough to kill most w/o a job or got retrenched. If they sell, they incur a loss of 10-15% (not including the stamp duties, lawyer fees whatnot ****), if they hold, can they tahan < 1 year while servicing the highly monthly payment w/o a job at the same time? Unless u got substantial savings of coz sure go for it, if not well just buy within your means.

Like the chinese says, if you dont have such a big head dont wear such a big hat.

Btw u referring to private properties right? If HDB, if you want downgrade can only downgrade to resale (correct me if i am wrong)

Anyway whats all this gotta do with retrenchment in the first place also

Old 04-06-2013, 02:34 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
This is another topic and should not belong here, right?
Old 04-06-2013, 03:17 PM
Unregistered

For youngsters with litttle capital it is much better to build up a forex trading plan as a back up. With very little capital, it can generate decent income of 1-2k monthly whcih is enough to get by during retrenchment. Properties need too much money and long term commitment, many of my colleagues are now making side income trading forex.
Old 04-06-2013, 03:26 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
For youngsters with litttle capital it is much better to build up a forex trading plan as a back up. With very little capital, it can generate decent income of 1-2k monthly whcih is enough to get by during retrenchment. Properties need too much money and long term commitment, many of my colleagues are now making side income trading forex.
You must be joking. Many people got burnt big time trading forex.

For youngster, just continue saving and pay off your BTO loan as fast as possible. After you pay off the BTO loan, apply for EC and use profits from your BTO sale and your savings to pay off your ECs. Avoid taking mortgage loan.
Old 04-06-2013, 04:13 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
You must be joking. Many people got burnt big time trading forex.

For youngster, just continue saving and pay off your BTO loan as fast as possible. After you pay off the BTO loan, apply for EC and use profits from your BTO sale and your savings to pay off your ECs. Avoid taking mortgage loan.
Youngster get married buy BTO at 30 no matter how fast at current price also need 20 yrs to pay off. By then already 50+ years old then try to apply EC w/o loan? This is not practical at all.

Forex got risk, but it is the easiest to make decent money without needing too much capital.