Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Retrenchment In Singapore

Old 31-05-2013, 12:02 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It is obvious that you know nothing about the property market. Based on your $1.2m figure, you are implying a rental yield of 3.3%. My yield is much, much higher than that. Like I said it was sold at a depressed price, by someone who was holding too many properties and need to let go urgently for cash flow. If you don't know about property investing, pls don't open your mouth. You sound like a fool.
You dun try to BS others here lah. 3.3% net yield is the norm. Most properties are trading at gross <4%. What depressed property you talking about? 2009 was a slight dip, but nowhere near "drepress" level to justify absurd yields and doubling in a few years which you are implying. You obviously have no idea of property markets are just plucking numbers out from thin air.

What is call much higher? 7%? 8%? You can get a "depress" property at net 7%, i.e. gross >8% in 2009? You take all of us as idiots har?

Old 31-05-2013, 02:04 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
You dun try to BS others here lah. 3.3% net yield is the norm. Most properties are trading at gross <4%. What depressed property you talking about? 2009 was a slight dip, but nowhere near "drepress" level to justify absurd yields and doubling in a few years which you are implying. You obviously have no idea of property markets are just plucking numbers out from thin air.

What is call much higher? 7%? 8%? You can get a "depress" property at net 7%, i.e. gross >8% in 2009? You take all of us as idiots har?
Obviously you never bought any property before. Go back to your studies boy!

Old 31-05-2013, 02:08 PM
Unregistered

I was retrenched before also, luckily i also have 2 properties that can give me passive income of $8.5k that is higher than my work pay, so it is quite easy for me. I recommend all those who are working to buy at least 1 extra condo as insurance for retrenchment.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Old 31-05-2013, 02:27 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
I was retrenched before also, luckily i also have 2 properties that can give me passive income of $8.5k that is higher than my work pay, so it is quite easy for me. I recommend all those who are working to buy at least 1 extra condo as insurance for retrenchment.
Then may I know why are u still working then when u have a passive income of $8.5k which is higher than your work pay? It doesnt sound logical..might as well be a landlord after kana retrenched
Old 31-05-2013, 02:33 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Then may I know why are u still working then when u have a passive income of $8.5k which is higher than your work pay? It doesnt sound logical..might as well be a landlord after kana retrenched
I quite like the work, stay at home also nothing much to do. While looking for a job that time I use my spare time to identify good properties and manage to flip a few more times making ~300k.
Old 31-05-2013, 02:35 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

No need to be so negative and bitter just because you miss the boat. Look forward and try and save up now and prepare to go in big when the next property correction comes.

Old 31-05-2013, 02:44 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
I was retrenched one year ago. I was earning $6.5k a month. Luckily my wife is working and she is earning $6k a month. I managed to survive from my passive income from my condo rental which gives me $3k per month. The investment condo is fully paid up. Before the retrenchment, even though our combined income was $13.5k, our expenses were $8k a month and we saved $5.5k a month. After my retrenchment, our combined income is now $9k a month. We reviewed all our expenses and removed some luxury, unnecessary expenses and managed to trim down our expenses to $6k a month. Our savings now is lower at $3k a month. I spend a lot of time with my family, taking care of my kids and educating them good values. They also love me more and I'm actually feeling healthier and happier. I realized that having so much money but at the expense of my family is not good. I see other families who are richer but their kids don't respect their parents and these kids are wild and indulged in sins such as gambling, smoking, drinking, loose moral values.
Old 31-05-2013, 02:57 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
I was retrenched one year ago. I was earning $6.5k a month. Luckily my wife is working and she is earning $6k a month. I managed to survive from my passive income from my condo rental which gives me $3k per month. The investment condo is fully paid up. Before the retrenchment, even though our combined income was $13.5k, our expenses were $8k a month and we saved $5.5k a month. After my retrenchment, our combined income is now $9k a month. We reviewed all our expenses and removed some luxury, unnecessary expenses and managed to trim down our expenses to $6k a month. Our savings now is lower at $3k a month. I spend a lot of time with my family, taking care of my kids and educating them good values. They also love me more and I'm actually feeling healthier and happier. I realized that having so much money but at the expense of my family is not good. I see other families who are richer but their kids don't respect their parents and these kids are wild and indulged in sins such as gambling, smoking, drinking, loose moral values.
Fantastic! The fastest way to work life balance is through passive income from property.
Old 31-05-2013, 03:11 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
I quite like the work, stay at home also nothing much to do. While looking for a job that time I use my spare time to identify good properties and manage to flip a few more times making ~300k.
Huh u got retrenched, I assume u got no $ since you jobless so where u got the money from to flip? Which bank willing to lend you for flipping without any income unless u tell me you inherited large amount of wealth or u r so successful in your early life which doesnt seem logical coz u wont even bother to search for a job as u can just retired back then?

Sorry but your story is full of missing bits and pieces here and there and they dont add up to present a convincing case.

Ever since someone posted on how property seems to be able to earn you passive income even in the midst of retrenchment, the whole thread seems to divert into property investment etc.

I seem to smell some kind of property marketing here. Are u a property agent trying to hype the market since there are no sales around?
Old 31-05-2013, 03:13 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Fantastic! The fastest way to work life balance is through passive income from property.
Ok I have my answer already. This is definitely a marketing gimmick to get someone into property investing. Shall not comment much since I presume this will be a property investmen thread rather than a retrenchment thread