Career as Teacher - Page 944 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Career as Teacher

Old 13-10-2023, 04:35 PM
Unregistered

I would like to know when would be a good time to quit after getting the connect plan for the year. It says that we need to at least have a C- as our grade in order to receive the connect plan. Is that referring to the grade we receive in March/April of the year we receive the connect plan?

Old 13-10-2023, 07:09 PM

Munchen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a BT in my first year. Was posted to this particular school in January for my practicum, completed and graduated officially in April. Took over the role of a Level Rep from Term 3 onwards. Any chances of getting any promotion? Was told BTs usually get promoted to the next grade at least 3 years later.
Not good. Limited upside, only downside. For someone new as you, chances are high you will make a mistake while carrying out duties with visibility. So make mistake means you are not performing to expectations. Huff and puff away and you will meet expectations and be put in C grade category just like other minnows. Except that other minnows dont really need to perform work beyond their level like you.

Only way this may work out for you is if you meet expectations for a couple of years. Even then its not a given.

Im in the same boat as you. And we are likely from the same pgde batch. :0

Old 13-10-2023, 07:22 PM

Munchen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigh View Post
I don't know where to begin. I'm a GEO 3, appointed coordinator this year. I'm going into 2nd year in the service. Although, no longer a BT I still consider myself very new. I'm facing an issue that's bothering mentally/psychologically. I know I am being bullied at work by the senior and experience teacher. I set a few papers for my department but was told to erase my name and put hers. Her reason was not nice for the SLs knowing everything was set by me so I made the changes and put her name down. PLT are basically not moving anywhere, I am being put in a spot to do and prepare the upcoming presentation myself and the same teacher is taking recognition as well. My previous sharing clusters etc many times the same thing happened as well. I planned programmes and sending students for competition. Juggling so many work with my 40+ period timetable. I feel being used and shut down Worst she is my RO. And worst my school is packed with STs who will shoved all the admin work for BT like me to do and we cannot say no. They can simply say they don't want to do but I can't. If I were to speak to SLs, SLs will not support small fry like me because they treasure the STs in my schools. Which ever happened. I am lost thinking what should I do to keep my sanity and protect my mental health at all cost.
I wonder how teachers teach CCE values to students but behind the classroom, they stab each other in the back just to get that extra few grands of bonus.

Old 13-10-2023, 08:22 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigh View Post
I don't know where to begin. I'm a GEO 3, appointed coordinator this year. I'm going into 2nd year in the service. Although, no longer a BT I still consider myself very new. I'm facing an issue that's bothering mentally/psychologically. I know I am being bullied at work by the senior and experience teacher. I set a few papers for my department but was told to erase my name and put hers. Her reason was not nice for the SLs knowing everything was set by me so I made the changes and put her name down. PLT are basically not moving anywhere, I am being put in a spot to do and prepare the upcoming presentation myself and the same teacher is taking recognition as well. My previous sharing clusters etc many times the same thing happened as well. I planned programmes and sending students for competition. Juggling so many work with my 40+ period timetable. I feel being used and shut down Worst she is my RO. And worst my school is packed with STs who will shoved all the admin work for BT like me to do and we cannot say no. They can simply say they don't want to do but I can't. If I were to speak to SLs, SLs will not support small fry like me because they treasure the STs in my schools. Which ever happened. I am lost thinking what should I do to keep my sanity and protect my mental health at all cost.
You are already affected mentally. New or not new, RO or not, it is not okay for your RO to ask you to change your name to hers/his. There is no setter list sent to indicate who the setters are? If yes, that would be a hard evidence to show how credits of yours was robbed of. Cluster sharing etc would help you stand out. Look out for your perf grade and see if you are rightfully appraised. Anything C+ or below, I would hesitate to go straight to the SLs. You have nothing to be afraid of. It will also help to request for a change of RO. In front of SLs, do remember to act pitiful and subtly revealed the malpractice while pretending to think that your RO must have reasons for doing so. Not sure what to do? Go watch some palace shows.
Old 13-10-2023, 10:43 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
GEO3, have been so for a few years. Had similar experiences and was basically doing work beyond my pay scale consecutively for a couple of years. Raised concerns about promotion but it all boiled down to age. Posted out but just entered another trap in the new school. Crazy marking load, so much so that I cannot even think of performing beyond my pay grade to fight for a promotion. Tired and jaded. Back to marking.
And somehow the public still think teachers are too free.

MOE management still refusing to acknowledge the problem of staff shortage.
Still going on with their nonsense that teachers are in excess.
Old 14-10-2023, 04:06 AM
Unregistered

hi i am a MOE Teaching Scholar, did my undergrad in NIE, did well in my practicum and won multiple awards for grades, leadership and community service. i am currently doing my overseas masters under MOE sponsorship in a prestigious uni immediately after undergrad. assuming i pass my overseas masters, i was just wondering what are my prospects in MOE in terms of CEP? or is my CEP the same as everyone else?

Old 14-10-2023, 08:47 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
hi i am a MOE Teaching Scholar, did my undergrad in NIE, did well in my practicum and won multiple awards for grades, leadership and community service. i am currently doing my overseas masters under MOE sponsorship in a prestigious uni immediately after undergrad. assuming i pass my overseas masters, i was just wondering what are my prospects in MOE in terms of CEP? or is my CEP the same as everyone else?
If things are the same as in the mid-2010s, your CEP may start slightly higher than non-scholars', but not super high (unlike EMS/PSC scholars, who are placed on the FLP immediately). But this isn't important imo. Like everyone else, your actual career trajectory will depend heavily on what your school's panel does (to your CEP) in the first few years. You can start at "farmer level" but be pushed high enough to get on FLP. You can also start "high" but be pushed down.

CEP may also have changed/will change to a different system very soon, in alignment with the rest of the civil service. The details of this are not clear.
Old 14-10-2023, 09:28 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
You are already affected mentally. New or not new, RO or not, it is not okay for your RO to ask you to change your name to hers/his. There is no setter list sent to indicate who the setters are? If yes, that would be a hard evidence to show how credits of yours was robbed of. Cluster sharing etc would help you stand out. Look out for your perf grade and see if you are rightfully appraised. Anything C+ or below, I would hesitate to go straight to the SLs. You have nothing to be afraid of. It will also help to request for a change of RO. In front of SLs, do remember to act pitiful and subtly revealed the malpractice while pretending to think that your RO must have reasons for doing so. Not sure what to do? Go watch some palace shows.
To add on… even without a setter's list, if you set the papers on a computer, there should be a digital trail of some sort, right? Even if it wasn't transferred via email, the digital file and metadata could act as supporting evidence.

If you have hard evidence of clear lack of integrity for this officer, I can't imagine any SL (or, if it blows up, superintendents) being supportive of such behaviour.
Old 15-10-2023, 12:04 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
GEO3, have been so for a few years. Had similar experiences and was basically doing work beyond my pay scale consecutively for a couple of years. Raised concerns about promotion but it all boiled down to age. Posted out but just entered another trap in the new school. Crazy marking load, so much so that I cannot even think of performing beyond my pay grade to fight for a promotion. Tired and jaded. Back to marking.
You raised your concerns to your school? Or you asked HR directly?

Their reply was that you're not old enough to be promoted? :/
Old 15-10-2023, 12:07 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
As a CPE, can I or SEAB send feedback about exam personnel to the school?
just email lor