Career as Teacher - Page 664 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Career as Teacher

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #6631 (permalink)  
Old 25-11-2022, 04:29 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Congrats. Din know they have promotion in end November.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Just promoted to SEO1, 35 this year

Reply With Quote
  #6632 (permalink)  
Old 25-11-2022, 04:44 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Was informed recently that I was selected for FHQ. Am interested in a policy wing position asi would like a system view of where we are/where we are headed. But some seniors have warned me to reconsider as they said that compared to. Professional wing, policy wing officers are more out of touch with the ground and would affect my chances for enhanced posting back as a HOD. Currently, I'm an SH now. Is that assumption groundless if I continue to keep myself abreast of the latest developments in schools
A stint in policy wing coupled with good performance there will likely give you a better CEP than one at professional wing.

As you have rightly pointed out, you could still be posting out of HQ as an SH because SLs don't really value policy wing experience. However, with a higher CEP, it is more likely that you'll progress faster thereafter.

Short term pain, long term gain. Your choice.

Reply With Quote
  #6633 (permalink)  
Old 25-11-2022, 04:59 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Maybe in the past, when NIE fresh grad salary among top 10 starting salaries for fresh uni grads.

These days, other professions have overtaken by leaps and bounds. Really not hard to find jobs which pay equal or better (provided that you know how to market yourself).
You're probably right, and that's exactly why many more people are leaving. Increments are too insignificant. Those staying behind seem to be either KPs or dinosaur GEO5s.

Even know of an SEO2 HOD who resigned immediately upon landing a job elsewhere.

Reply With Quote
  #6634 (permalink)  
Old 25-11-2022, 05:23 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
A stint in policy wing coupled with good performance there will likely give you a better CEP than one at professional wing.

As you have rightly pointed out, you could still be posting out of HQ as an SH because SLs don't really value policy wing experience. However, with a higher CEP, it is more likely that you'll progress faster thereafter.

Short term pain, long term gain. Your choice.
I heard school promotion board cannot raise offocers' CEP beyond P6. If one wants cep to be raised then one needs to go HQ. is that true? Heard from.some that officers go through HQ would have thei cep raised
Is that true?
Reply With Quote
  #6635 (permalink)  
Old 25-11-2022, 06:33 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I heard school promotion board cannot raise offocers' CEP beyond P6. If one wants cep to be raised then one needs to go HQ. is that true? Heard from.some that officers go through HQ would have thei cep raised
Is that true?
The school panel has limited powers, however, it doesn't mean that the Principal cannot access other mechanisms (beyond the school) to recommend adjustments of CEP for the most deserving officers.


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #6636 (permalink)  
Old 25-11-2022, 06:53 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Congrats. Din know they have promotion in end November.
1 Apr bro…
Reply With Quote

  #6637 (permalink)  
Old 25-11-2022, 07:47 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I heard school promotion board cannot raise offocers' CEP beyond P6. If one wants cep to be raised then one needs to go HQ. is that true? Heard from.some that officers go through HQ would have thei cep raised
Is that true?
The logic is very simple. How can P assess whether you are suitable to have a CEP higher than P when he himself never do a job higher than a P before?
Reply With Quote
  #6638 (permalink)  
Old 26-11-2022, 09:39 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The logic is very simple. How can P assess whether you are suitable to have a CEP higher than P when he himself never do a job higher than a P before?
But that's not true though. If you looked at the last principal movements we have some Div Directors move to schools as Principals. They are more than equipped to know whether someone is able of moving beyond a P.
Reply With Quote
  #6639 (permalink)  
Old 26-11-2022, 09:58 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
But that's not true though. If you looked at the last principal movements we have some Div Directors move to schools as Principals. They are more than equipped to know whether someone is able of moving beyond a P.
Yup. There are Superscale H Principals, and there are also Superscale E/F Principals. School leadership spans a wide range of experience levels and capabilities, and certainly some of them have even more experience than their own cluster supts and back to the topic, yes while they cannot directly change a teacher's CEP to a super high level, they have access to levers that could make it possible as long as they can convince senior management to approve.
Reply With Quote
  #6640 (permalink)  
Old 26-11-2022, 10:52 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
But that's not true though. If you looked at the last principal movements we have some Div Directors move to schools as Principals. They are more than equipped to know whether someone is able of moving beyond a P.
Yes there are, but it’s not the norm, so the rest may not be able to make that assessment. More importantly, it’s quite unlikely that a teacher’s CEP can be raised from P to Cluster Supt on the basis on performance in school.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
school teacher pay dazzlego Income and Jobs 10 30-07-2015 12:39 PM
Career advice for mid-career changer Rhin Income and Jobs 5 21-07-2010 11:21 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,743 Replies, 1,346,876 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,294 Replies, 983,417 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,070 Replies, 3,670,351 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,650 Replies, 4,843,868 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,239 Replies, 6,374,111 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,755 Replies, 1,471,549 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,916 Replies, 2,875,401 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,395 Replies, 1,339,349 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,780 Replies, 4,571,182 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,754 Replies, 1,009,689 Views
LTA (Land Transport Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
621 Replies, 359,846 Views
Shopee fresh grad pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,022 Replies, 423,277 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,177 Replies, 3,319,150 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
20,879 Replies, 10,174,498 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,640 Replies, 1,490,613 Views
Aon Centre for Innovation and...
7 Replies, 5,573 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
482 Replies, 616,732 Views
Singapore Airlines ( 1 2)
18 Replies, 9,300 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
704 Replies, 521,947 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
884 Replies, 481,459 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,241 Replies, 12,277,120 Views
HTX (Home Team Science and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
633 Replies, 318,828 Views
Jobs with travel opportunities
9 Replies, 3,841 Views
Salary ranges in Big Tech in...
2 Replies, 634 Views
A*Star (Agency for Science,... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
37 Replies, 97,210 Views
Anyone work in JPM/GS/Morgan... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
414 Replies, 155,782 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,963 Replies, 2,089,874 Views
GIC (Government of Singapore... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
418 Replies, 710,515 Views
Tuv Sud (TÜV SÜD)
2 Replies, 2,453 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,064 Replies, 2,238,586 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 11:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2