Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment

Old 06-05-2023, 05:39 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Damn..I see many insecure sinkie losers here…so scared of jhk until need to keep bashing them. I work in tech but I welcome capable foreigners. Why? Cause I rather work with capable ppl who know their stuff rather than some brainless guy who only get in by merit of being singaporean. And as a singaporean I feel damn xia suey to read you guys insecure posts…big4 losers..pls buck up la..if you capable you’ll find your way to climb de
You welcome capable FT. You got see how capable big 4 JHK is anot? Dont know why u contradict yourself because there is no capable JHK around. What kind of welcome u expecting? We even on the same page? Your clearly lack comprehension. Fake tech nerd wannabe spotted

Old 06-05-2023, 09:40 AM
Unregistered

Hi how do I break into high finance (PB, S&T, IB) from audit

Old 06-05-2023, 09:50 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Hi how do I break into high finance (PB, S&T, IB) from audit
fix your ugly face first

Old 06-05-2023, 01:25 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
You welcome capable FT. You got see how capable big 4 JHK is anot? Dont know why u contradict yourself because there is no capable JHK around. What kind of welcome u expecting? We even on the same page? Your clearly lack comprehension. Fake tech nerd wannabe spotted
Maybe because your job is so low level until no need any capabilities to do. In that case blame yourself…why choose such a lousy job thay anyone can do? Big4 loser…coupled with insecure sinkie mentality blaming the world except HIMSELF
Old 06-05-2023, 01:39 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Damn..I see many insecure sinkie losers here…so scared of jhk until need to keep bashing them. I work in tech but I welcome capable foreigners. Why? Cause I rather work with capable ppl who know their stuff rather than some brainless guy who only get in by merit of being singaporean. And as a singaporean I feel damn xia suey to read you guys insecure posts…big4 losers..pls buck up la..if you capable you’ll find your way to climb de
While this thread is quite hilarious, it's unfair to blame all posters here as insecure. What's happening in the accounting sector is the natural consequence of Singapore's "open leg" policy of pursuing unbridled economic growth. The (relatively) less capable white-collar Singaporeans will be squeezed out by (relatively) more capable foreigners from "cheaper" countries. As always, the most capable Singaporeans have nothing to fear from globalized competition.

The question is: at what point does "open leg" policy becomes a political cost to the ruling government such that the G has to become protectionist at the expense of delivering economic outcomes?

I'm fortunate that I'm a lawyer and due to the protectionist nature of my industry, the legal sector has hardly any Malaysians, Filipinos, Indian or PRC nationals, or indeed any FTs from less-developed countries. You'll only find white expats whose international law firms with market-leading salaries set up offices here and open up high paying roles (think >$25K p/m for 6-7YOE associates). Most of my peers are English-speaking and largely come from the same socioeconomic circles (upper middle class) so we're one of the least affected groups from foreign competition.

Even so, the pains of globalized competition are acutely felt when I talk to my MNC clients and find out how many on the client side are FTs from regional countries with such terrible English that I have to re-read their instructions multiple times over.
Old 06-05-2023, 05:28 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Maybe because your job is so low level until no need any capabilities to do. In that case blame yourself…why choose such a lousy job thay anyone can do? Big4 loser…coupled with insecure sinkie mentality blaming the world except HIMSELF
Please edcuate me what job is high level. Tech? LOL! any indians can do it at half the price or even outsourced. Just look at the layoffs and hiring freeze. I barely see any competent people in Tech these days anyway. Most barely even know what they are doing half the time

Old 06-05-2023, 05:34 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Will we see a wave of SMs and M departing from yellow when they finally split up at EOY? This will be the end of Big 4, mark my words. It will be Big 3 and a very diminished yellow that's mid tier at best.

And the best thing is, everyone here is mostly clueless abt it
How is the new EY Managing partner? Is he worse than Max Loh? that jiak liao bee max loh now SPH board director. jin satki. Become director immediately tio SPH saga lol.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Old 06-05-2023, 07:07 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
While this thread is quite hilarious, it's unfair to blame all posters here as insecure. What's happening in the accounting sector is the natural consequence of Singapore's "open leg" policy of pursuing unbridled economic growth. The (relatively) less capable white-collar Singaporeans will be squeezed out by (relatively) more capable foreigners from "cheaper" countries. As always, the most capable Singaporeans have nothing to fear from globalized competition.

The question is: at what point does "open leg" policy becomes a political cost to the ruling government such that the G has to become protectionist at the expense of delivering economic outcomes?

I'm fortunate that I'm a lawyer and due to the protectionist nature of my industry, the legal sector has hardly any Malaysians, Filipinos, Indian or PRC nationals, or indeed any FTs from less-developed countries. You'll only find white expats whose international law firms with market-leading salaries set up offices here and open up high paying roles (think >$25K p/m for 6-7YOE associates). Most of my peers are English-speaking and largely come from the same socioeconomic circles (upper middle class) so we're one of the least affected groups from foreign competition.

Even so, the pains of globalized competition are acutely felt when I talk to my MNC clients and find out how many on the client side are FTs from regional countries with such terrible English that I have to re-read their instructions multiple times over.
You are just delusional and living in a well. Developing countries are progressing faster than you think. Even in developing country such as India, they have many wealthy individuals. A merely 10% of the population will be much larger than singapore. What makes you think that they do not have the means to go for high end education? Even as lawyers, they can easily replace your jobs as their level of English will improve overtime. No industry is protected from FTs, this is globalisation. Do a quick search and you can see that many FTs working in foreign MNCs with good positions can be people from developing countries. Read more news and not disgrace yourself here
Old 06-05-2023, 07:17 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

It is also hilarious how you are focusing on "Accounting industry". In the Tech and IT Industries, there are many capable talents from China and India who can code pretty well and agreeable to lower salary than SGs. Are you saying that this industry does not face "open leg" policy as suggested by you? Common sense will tell you that any industry is replaceable by any FTs. The same goes for Medical, Engineering industries and many more. Your point of argument now is saying that only "English-speaking" industry has the "protectionist nature". I am laughing hard

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Old 06-05-2023, 07:39 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
You are just delusional and living in a well. Developing countries are progressing faster than you think. Even in developing country such as India, they have many wealthy individuals. A merely 10% of the population will be much larger than singapore. What makes you think that they do not have the means to go for high end education? Even as lawyers, they can easily replace your jobs as their level of English will improve overtime. No industry is protected from FTs, this is globalisation. Do a quick search and you can see that many FTs working in foreign MNCs with good positions can be people from developing countries. Read more news and not disgrace yourself here
in 2023, if you are still a developing country it says a lot. So good luck with that. Developing countries tend to develop at a faster rate as compared to a developed country. Singapore has been a developed country for a long time now. Lets not even compare. The barrier of entry for law is much higher than say accountancy, im sure its the same elsewhere. So the quantity of competition is not as high as compared to accountancy, even if our government spread its legs. Im sure the Singaporean indians will smash india indias anyhow.