Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment

Old 06-05-2023, 09:59 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You are just delusional and living in a well. Developing countries are progressing faster than you think. Even in developing country such as India, they have many wealthy individuals. A merely 10% of the population will be much larger than singapore. What makes you think that they do not have the means to go for high end education? Even as lawyers, they can easily replace your jobs as their level of English will improve overtime. No industry is protected from FTs, this is globalisation. Do a quick search and you can see that many FTs working in foreign MNCs with good positions can be people from developing countries. Read more news and not disgrace yourself here
I am the poster you're replying to. My (legal) industry is naturally insulated from competition, not because of English standards or even educational standards or because our local universities are good, but because the legal system is an extension of the State's political power.

Lawyers are the only professionals with a monopoly on interacting with and navigating the legal system, on behalf of clients. As an extension of the State's power, there is no government in the world that will allow an influx of foreigners/FTs to do this.

Secondly, law services at its heart are people services, and legal services require locals with familiarity with the socio-cultural context to deliver. It's not merely about speaking the same language. The same cannot be said of accounting/financial services. Numbers are numbers everywhere.

If you need any proof, just look at the EU, which is the largest trading bloc in the world and has had free movement of goods and services (including professional services) for the longest time. You don't see cheap but highly educated education Eastern and Central European lawyers flooding the main markets of London or Paris, despite all the competitive price advantages they supposedly offer.

Some industries' workers are more fungible than others. I know what I'm talking about. Conversely, do you?

Old 07-05-2023, 12:47 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Please edcuate me what job is high level. Tech? LOL! any indians can do it at half the price or even outsourced. Just look at the layoffs and hiring freeze. I barely see any competent people in Tech these days anyway. Most barely even know what they are doing half the time
Eh I’m not the one complaning about foreigners…you are. Anw to enlighten you even in tech there are different tiers. The lower tier one indeed need less skills, these roles are at risk of being undercut by indians, pinoys, malaysians cause of the weaker currency. But for higher tier ones, these one are based more on the capibilities..not any kumar or ramesh can go in. If you can go in, good for you, foreigner or not, you deserve it.

And lastly, a piece of advice. Stop looking for others to blame for your failures. That is a losers mindset. If you rlly believe you’re so good, go and get it but stop making excuses blaming others and sht.

Old 07-05-2023, 02:31 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Eh I’m not the one complaning about foreigners…you are. Anw to enlighten you even in tech there are different tiers. The lower tier one indeed need less skills, these roles are at risk of being undercut by indians, pinoys, malaysians cause of the weaker currency. But for higher tier ones, these one are based more on the capibilities..not any kumar or ramesh can go in. If you can go in, good for you, foreigner or not, you deserve it.

And lastly, a piece of advice. Stop looking for others to blame for your failures. That is a losers mindset. If you rlly believe you’re so good, go and get it but stop making excuses blaming others and sht.
Your very likely a foreigner bragging about how good u are with your different levels of tech rubbish. The fact is you arent good enough to compete in your home country and have to resort to exchange differences to stroke your little ego.

Wel get out of my country. You are not welcomed

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Old 07-05-2023, 03:21 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Your very likely a foreigner bragging about how good u are with your different levels of tech rubbish. The fact is you arent good enough to compete in your home country and have to resort to exchange differences to stroke your little ego.

Wel get out of my country. You are not welcomed
Wow you’re really a loser who have to create imaginery scenarios and lie to yourself just to protect your fragile little ego. You can’t even address what I said but choose to live in denial. If anything, I feel sorry for you. Some ppl just have a mindset that sets them up for failure. Stay mediocore
Old 07-05-2023, 07:14 AM
Unregistered

Talking

Quote:
Wow you’re really a loser who have to create imaginery scenarios and lie to yourself just to protect your fragile little ego. You can’t even address what I said but choose to live in denial. If anything, I feel sorry for you. Some ppl just have a mindset that sets them up for failure. Stay mediocore
No one cares about you and your tech bs. Especially when its obvious ur from a small firm. Tech has no value just bunch of IT nerds/geeks thats gonna be replaced by indians. Go out a get a life. Tech has no prestige so wake up your idea. If i were you i wouldnt worry about something on a forum but worry more about not getting the pink slip anything soon
Old 07-05-2023, 08:35 AM
Unregistered

Only low iq people will think IT is great. If you r capable come IB find me, i work at JP morgan. I assume u heard of my company. Karen

Old 07-05-2023, 01:41 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Only low iq people will think IT is great. If you r capable come IB find me, i work at JP morgan. I assume u heard of my company. Karen
Still dreaming about going to ib from big4. Really slave mentality. Everyone in ib think of getting out but you dreaming of tryna get in from your big4 shithole that any pinoy or malaysian can do. Dream on bro! Weekend dont ot too much ah, big4 peanuts salary does not justify it 😆
Old 07-05-2023, 05:37 PM
Unregistered

Wink

Quote:
Still dreaming about going to ib from big4. Really slave mentality. Everyone in ib think of getting out but you dreaming of tryna get in from your big4 shithole that any pinoy or malaysian can do. Dream on bro! Weekend dont ot too much ah, big4 peanuts salary does not justify it 😆
I sense jealousy
Old 07-05-2023, 06:06 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Sunday, you dont go out? Poor thing stalking forum on weekend 😆

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app