Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment - Page 148 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1471 (permalink)  
Old 18-05-2021, 06:17 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Dont be harsh lah.. let the peasants think they are elites .

Reply With Quote
  #1472 (permalink)  
Old 19-05-2021, 12:03 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

There's the brand name associated with big 4 tho. good for international exposure and migrating abroad in future. i'm sure you don't wanna stay in hot and disgusting singapore forever right?

banks like DBS etc, ultimately it's just a local brand and doesn't look good on your resume. when u go to the US, nobody knows what's DBS or ocbc bank. unless you're in goldman sachs/ credit suisse then congrats to u.

Reply With Quote
  #1473 (permalink)  
Old 19-05-2021, 12:08 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
There's the brand name associated with big 4 tho. good for international exposure and migrating abroad in future. i'm sure you don't wanna stay in hot and disgusting singapore forever right?

banks like DBS etc, ultimately it's just a local brand and doesn't look good on your resume. when u go to the US, nobody knows what's DBS or ocbc bank. unless you're in goldman sachs/ credit suisse then congrats to u.
Basically, local banks BO are probably on par with Big 4 provided you are not comparing with those in grad programs. As for perm staff in foreign banks BO (doesnít matter if itís grad programme or a non-BB), itís definitely better than B4.

Reply With Quote
  #1474 (permalink)  
Old 19-05-2021, 12:52 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Basically, local banks BO are probably on par with Big 4 provided you are not comparing with those in grad programs. As for perm staff in foreign banks BO (doesnít matter if itís grad programme or a non-BB), itís definitely better than B4.
No leh I moved to CS from big 4. Pay is around the same after the jump to bank as increment is very slow in banks. But the work life balance beats big 4 by miles.
Reply With Quote
  #1475 (permalink)  
Old 19-05-2021, 01:09 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No leh I moved to CS from big 4. Pay is around the same after the jump to bank as increment is very slow in banks. But the work life balance beats big 4 by miles.
What are you doing exactly in CS and when did you leave B4?


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #1476 (permalink)  
Old 19-05-2021, 01:09 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

In Big 4, you start low. But if you're able to survive the first few horrible years, the pay increment will go up crazily. Once you reach Assistant Manager grade, the annual pay increment is way more than 10%/year or even a good 20%.

That's provided you're strong enough to stay until AM and beyond (which unfortunately many people can't because there's just way too much work to do).
Reply With Quote

  #1477 (permalink)  
Old 19-05-2021, 01:13 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
In Big 4, you start low. But if you're able to survive the first few horrible years, the pay increment will go up crazily. Once you reach Assistant Manager grade, the annual pay increment is way more than 10%/year or even a good 20%.

That's provided you're strong enough to stay until AM and beyond (which unfortunately many people can't because there's just way too much work to do).
Iím just looking at the salaries report in glassdoor (>100) for AM, M, SM and Director. Just seems pretty pathetic purely based on YOE + the gruelling WLB.
Reply With Quote
  #1478 (permalink)  
Old 19-05-2021, 02:34 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
In Big 4, you start low. But if you're able to survive the first few horrible years, the pay increment will go up crazily. Once you reach Assistant Manager grade, the annual pay increment is way more than 10%/year or even a good 20%.

That's provided you're strong enough to stay until AM and beyond (which unfortunately many people can't because there's just way too much work to do).
i would say the pay isnt competitive now.... but people from B4 are still abit more attractive . as in u can survive the pressure cooker u can survive in most places.

some places dont want to have people who join cant take it and move on. it is a pain to keep finding and hiring people.

pay wise no.... B4 isnt. environment wise. you learn how bad things can go lol. but that viewing something bad as a learning exp.
Reply With Quote
  #1479 (permalink)  
Old 21-05-2021, 11:41 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

How much is assurance and advisory pay for a fresh grad? And possible for a first class graduate from university of malaya to join any big 4 during this time?
Reply With Quote
  #1480 (permalink)  
Old 22-05-2021, 02:47 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How much is assurance and advisory pay for a fresh grad? And possible for a first class graduate from university of malaya to join any big 4 during this time?
Go work in big 4 in KL then hop over to SG. It's definitely not possible for you to join SG big 4 directly as a fresh grad because there are many local carrot heads for them to choose from.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yearly increment Button Income and Jobs 29 06-01-2018 09:43 PM
Annual Increment for Civil Service 2011 bswuming87 Income and Jobs 4 10-04-2011 09:19 PM
Annual Increment 1nch3r Income and Jobs 0 12-11-2010 12:36 AM
Can your Increment beat Inflation? Salary.sg Investments and Net Worth 9 24-04-2008 03:37 PM
Salary Increment to be 5.2% Salary.sg Income and Jobs 0 25-09-2007 12:55 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Civil Service Bonus Mid-2021
4 Replies, 703 Views
Working in HDB ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
425 Replies, 342,574 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,347 Replies, 1,268,778 Views
anyone working at NCS ? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
497 Replies, 397,696 Views
Salaries of Professors in SG ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
132 Replies, 232,086 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
647 Replies, 151,036 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,673 Replies, 2,274,956 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,387 Replies, 4,076,548 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
763 Replies, 155,273 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,649 Replies, 1,543,631 Views
Commercial Affairs Officer ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
185 Replies, 128,196 Views
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,209 Replies, 601,157 Views
What is Capgemini senior analyst ? ( 1 2 3)
20 Replies, 729 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,834 Replies, 1,053,491 Views
Apple PACE Program
3 Replies, 146 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,218 Replies, 478,201 Views
For those with 2-5 YOE, what is... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
144 Replies, 12,712 Views
Engineer Pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
268 Replies, 104,474 Views
Dsta ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
952 Replies, 682,614 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,106 Replies, 6,932,208 Views
shipping from China to Singapore
2 Replies, 1,153 Views
Lendlease Graduate Program 2021... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
73 Replies, 7,358 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,679 Replies, 421,653 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,453 Replies, 679,942 Views
Marsh Graduate Development Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
73 Replies, 28,365 Views
Job offer from Apple ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
500 Replies, 144,067 Views
GIC career ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
306 Replies, 423,434 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 11:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2